HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA Americas 2012 thread.

CL3P20

Following my post here I have moved away all hw sharing accusation related posts.

Please wait and understand that HWBot Staff is doing his job, we take care of this case.

Don't ruin this Overclocking Competition or the Overclocking Scene please till nothing has been proved and made official.

Back to topic thanks. If you have something to add please send me a private message.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Staff is under investigation in collaboration with MSI, FM and Brazilians clockers.

Please let us take care of this, thanks, and go back to the topic.

If you have something to add please send me a private message.

We take care of the case.

Thanks

^^

Just a heads-up:

- we already followed-up with Futuremark regarding the scores on friday.

- today we confirmed with MSI that additional proof is necessary to validate both scores and confirm the ranking.

- MSI agreed with the validation procedure we suggested (livestream - more info later)

I'm checking with Rbuass and Gnidaol for the practical stuff now.

Please keep this thread clean from opinion-making and other drama. Thanks.

Alright, it's 5AM here, so I'm going to keep it short.

On monday, MSI and HWBOT agreed that the 3DMark11 results of Rbuass and Gnidaol were suspicious enough to ask for additional verification. The way to do it wasn't simple as, after all, people were accusing them of sharing the results. We agreed to have a livestream head-to-head benchmark session, monitored by yours truely.

Here were the guidelines:

To sum up:

- one desk

- two OC systems with components they used for the scores

- 5500 3930K

- 1200C9 memory

- 7970 lightning 1650/1860 (+/_ 25mhz range)

- same SSDs

Validation process:

- start livestream with both systems mounted, but not turned on

- first bootup at superzero temperatures to show active systems

- prepare systems to bench (drop temperatures etc)

- start run 5500/1200/1650/1860 (+/_ 25mhz range) simultaneously

when finished:

- make screenshot

- save validation file

- upload validation file instantly

- zoom in on screen to show score

Note:

- screenshot must contain notepad with nickname, gpuz, cpuz cpu/mb/mem, 3dmark11 score (like MOA submission)

- user must move 3dmark11 window to show it's active

- the idea is that both participants get a similar score as they got in the competition on two separate systems, each doing their own overclocking and run simultaneously.

The validation procedure ends when we saw:

- two systems running 5500/1200/1650/1860 simultaneously

- the scores on the screenshot match the score uploaded to Futuremark

The outcomes:

There are two possible outcomes for this procedure.

1) No proof was provided: in this case, we have no other option than to invalidate Gnidaol's 3DMark11 submission using our reserved right to reject any submission. In this case, the competition ranking will be recalculated.

2) The proof was provided: both scores remain perfectly valid and the ranking is unchanged.

Here's a picture of the livestream:

Clipboard072.jpg

The entire streaming started around 1:30AM GMT+2.

Around 2:38h local time, Gnidaol showed a 14.7k score. Here is the HWBOT validation link: http://hwbot.org/submission/2283713_gnidaol_3dmark11___performance_radeon_hd_7970_14717_marks. The score was done, confirmed, on livestream by Gnidaol.

For Rbuass, things went a little less smooth as he had many issues with the CPU stability in Physics (might be memory too). In any case, since the major concern was about using the same VGA for both results, we decided he could focus on putting out a GPU score to prove the second card was also capable of those clock frequencies. After lots and lots of troubles, he got a 14.5k GPU score at 1660MHz GPU clock (link), which is close enough to the score he submitted.

Conclusive lines

HWBOT and MSI went over the livestream and the results and decided that it forms more than sufficient proof of the full legitimacy of the 3DMark11 scores. Neither results will be pulled and the ranking remains as it is. This decision, backed up by both MSI and HWBOT, is final. Splave, Rbuass and Gnidaol go to the WW final.

On a more personal note, I'm not too happy with how things went down in this thread. I have no problems with raising questions about scores once in a while; in this case there was a valid basis for concern. What I do have a problem with is the typical opinion-maker who takes the concern and uses it to accuse people. Besides the screenshot, no one had any additional information that could objectively allow accusations. This type of noise-making is, in my opinion, below the community's standards. I hope you guys could think about that.

Congrats after all, just a curious way to verify a score, :P first time i see this kind of stuff. Hopefully they demostrate that their both cards are capable of running those freqs.

I highly recommend for next MOA qualifier to make Youtube video of the score mandatory to get rid of the acussation.

Snip

The terror(me) never sleeps.

Sorry for being hard on you, NDAmann, always keeping cards tight - the signal value was 'not interested' as you also tend to use as slogan these days...

But more important than you getting less headache by me constantly annoying you...

Good to see more or less replicated scores.

One gotta say, those are som crazy binned VGA's you got there rbuass :-)

And as I stated in the PM earlier, its awesome what you do for overclocking in South America.

Congrats after all, just a curious way to verify a score, :P first time i see this kind of stuff. Hopefully they demostrate that their both cards are capable of running those freqs.

I highly recommend for next MOA qualifier to make Youtube video of the score mandatory to get rid of the acussation.

*and I highly recommend MSI doing less extraordinary exclusive initial LIVE EVENTS, while Grand Final can be a big show.... Media and people will love meeting up at at live event, more PR, more show, more action, more win - but obviously; more expensive.

Edited by M.Beier

Had my doubts about the scores, specially since one of my teammates was the victim, But nice to see the solution, initiative, time taken out by Massman. I am sure MSI just said yeah yeah, 'lets go with it', :P

And could not have said it earlier with doubts in my heart but now, a big congrats to Splave, Rbuass and Gnidaol. Simply mind blowing work done by you guyz.........

Videos now required for validating team benching scores. Its about time!

it could be mandatory for every submission this way there won't be more awful situations like we had here.

thanks guys! the harder it gets the more satisfying it becomes, hope to have a great time at finals this year. I really missed being there last year :)

Hope to see great battles on next qualifiers.

I'll say it again. MSI did not make the competition fair. Lightning cards should not have been allowed in the competition. They were not available to everyone. Huge fail.

Congratulations to all. My apologies for the drama.

Edited by [GF]Duke

Duke;173801']I'll say it again. MSI did not make the competition fair. Lightning cards should not have been allowed in the competition. They were not available to everyone. Huge fail.

Mate you are really a bad sport, you could have brought a lightning from ebay if you were serious here a link i just found and there have been many over the last month where do you think i got mine ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V278-003R-MSI-R7970-Lightning-Graphics-card-Radeon-/280866589592?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item4164f40b98

Do not blame MSI for your failures, MSI have done a great thing to even run these competitions, people like you who only complain are going to be the end of these competitions.

Mate you are really a bad sport, you could have brought a lightning from ebay if you were serious here a link i just found and there have been many over the last month where do you think i got mine ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V278-003R-MSI-R7970-Lightning-Graphics-card-Radeon-/280866589592?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item4164f40b98

Do not blame MSI for your failures, MSI have done a great thing to even run these competitions, people like you who only complain are going to be the end of these competitions.

I didn't see your name in the competition. Were you in it?