HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA Americas 2012 thread.

CL3P20

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...I got the Lightning, but unfortunately I lose 2 x boards X79 GD65 that death alone... not recommended ever

Sure you didn't just get two bad boards, or condensation issues?

Tried the X79-GD65 a while ago .. had no problems with it whatsoever. Only thing that bugged me at that point what immature software, so couldn't change bclock/multiplier in windows lol

Yeah, the only X79A-GD65 I had here was pretty solid too. 162BCLK with 2600MEM no sweat. Still my favorite X79 board I think (even better than my XPower)

Duke;171075']i hope there's not alot of late sandbaggers. That would be dreadful to the ones that are actually participating. New rules = participation from the start of some sort.

If elimination takes place after, let's say, 3 days ... then sandbaggers will submit the 3rd day anyway.

It is really solid, but I don't know why, I got three of those on heaven now =( It can't be insulation problems. Each of those has different behavior, one got leds but nothing happens when you press the power button, the another one spins the fans very shortly but no beeps or debug codes and the third one powers up, post is really slow, bios is really lagged and cannot load any OS in any mode even in stock config....

On SB side the Z68 GD80 showed up more powerfull than any other sb board that I've ever tried, got highest clocks, highest bclk, (high vdrop as well =P) but it got a burnt mosfet =( The sad part is that it wasn't benching when it fired up, I was just opening the control center II =( and took the CPU with it, and the cpu took down two maximus (IV and V) that I used to check if it was dead too... I was bankrupt at the beginning, now besides being broke I'm almost outta mobos =(

dont blame you p67 motherboard, blame your luck! a very good CPU was needed in this competition to take a chance.

Yeah dad... lol, CPU only hits 5.1GHz, above that voltage isn't enough and BIOS won't give me the option to add more that 1.5V to CPU.

Really liking the x79-GD65 8D

x56 1.575v -28c 1.20vCCIO 1.22vCCSA is briliant!

Rubass you make me drop big 03 score early, I do not like being #2 lol and sand bagging is no fun

You already have a 200K score...

You already have a 200K score...

Now I do!

It is a shame that golden chip = winners, to be totally honest with really nice chips/cards it does not take very much skill. (superpi 32m is a partial exception.)

I get to flip a switch on a SS unit and play at 5.95 all day no problem for 32m and 03....that is not skill that is binning 60 chips on my newegg credit card...

So noone should feel bad, we are all doing the best we can with what we have at hand and all participants should be proud of their efforts!

Edited by Splave

Really liking the x79-GD65 8D

x56 1.575v -28c 1.20vCCIO 1.22vCCSA is briliant!

Rubass you make me drop big 03 score early, I do not like being #2 lol and sand bagging is no fun

Don't worry Splave, I have no more work here.

My 2600K be killed by the Z68-GD80....and unfortunately, after the board is death, I did test the CPU in the Maximus 5 Gene and CPU melt a socket pin (thats completely unlucky).

Gnidaol just explained and same to me.

Here we have lots and lots of issues... since motherboard death alone, to "vanish" RAM channel, to stop in BIOS post 60 (alone) ... to "do not work sometimes in stock" ... etc ... etc ... etc.

I think can be "mine" 2 units... or the units (or serial) that comes to Brazil, because Gnidaol got lots of issues too.

"binning 60 chips on my newegg credit card..." .... that's a dream no all Brazilian people that like hardware to buy on Newegg...thats really a hardware paradise we can not buy :(

@splave excellent job as usual; I hope I can get a place to MOA ans see you there.... ATM I have no a great 3DM11 score and after look for a MSI X79 in all Brazil and noticed it is not available in all country.

Congratz

Edited by rbuass

Now I do!

It is a shame that golden chip = winners, to be totally honest with really nice chips/cards it does not take very much skill. (superpi 32m is a partial exception.)

I get to flip a switch on a SS unit and play at 5.95 all day no problem for 32m and 03....that is not skill that is binning 60 chips on my newegg credit card...

So noone should feel bad, we are all doing the best we can with what we have at hand and all participants should be proud of their efforts!

Well, I'm very happy now. My 1st time on a MOA elimination, with my 1st Intel CPU in 10 years and I'm in the top 15, maybe isn't a big thing for you but for me is enough :) :) :)

Now I do!

Splave its ok im not complaining, its not your fault, i know buying and binning cpus it requires effort and dedication (Time and Money, lots of money) but to be Honest MSI in POV had to wait Ivy Bridge Launch or just picked a benchmarks that no are not much CPU dependent. (3D03 an Spi32m are). Good Luck to the people who is still in the battle.

Splave its ok im not complaining, its not your fault, i know buying and binning cpus it requires effort and dedication (Time and Money, lots of money) but to be Honest MSI in POV had to wait Ivy Bridge Launch or just picked a benchmarks that no are not much CPU dependent. (3D03 an Spi32m are). Good Luck to the people who is still in the battle.

Agree...

I don't. Whether it's SB or IB, it's the same for everybody. Handpicking of CPUs will always be needed.

The one argument for IB would be that it's more fun, but hey .. that's not MSI;s problem, and they probably have a schedule to hold on to.

My work to MOA just ended....

I looked for new X79 to try to improve my results, but is not available in all Brazil...

3DMark11 result is really needed to decide the winners... I hope my results is enough to earn a ticktet to TW.

+ 1 Me4Me

I think they are right...they helped people that have no acess to Ivy Before;;;

In wich way they helped the people. Most people sold their good SB before launch to get some $$$$ before those Golden lost their value, also if they "Wanted to help" they should wait before launch because a regular IB does 6100 - 6500 and thats good enough for 3D03 and with some tweking good enough for SPI32M.

I Follow the idea of they have a Schedule to follow, and they cant run multiples regional competitions at the same time. i dont think their Wanted to Help anyone!.