HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA Americas 2012 thread.

CL3P20

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lucky that I did not sell SB yet, and only had to purchases 10 3930k to find this one

2362159.png

on RunMC single stage -45c :D it is too cold, chip does not like -30c or more to run actual benchmarks.

-45c single stage passes physics x54 at 1.55v and fails x55 up to 1.61v

-28c ln2 passes physics x56 1.575v no problem

I have to admit, x79a-GD65 is a pretty nice and easy to bench board. Not too many settings which is not always bad if you dont know what they do lol. I think the poor south american benchers have alot of humidity, I bench in room at 55F and AC blasting bone dry.

I got lucky that I did not sell SB yet, and only had to purchases 10 3930k to find this one

2362159.png

on RunMC single stage -45c :D it is too cold, chip does not like -30c or more to run actual benchmarks.

-45c single stage passes physics x54 at 1.55v and fails x55 up to 1.61v

-28c ln2 passes physics x56 1.575v no problem

I have to admit, x79a-GD65 is a pretty nice and easy to bench board. Not too many settings which is not always bad if you dont know what they do lol. I think the poor south american benchers have alot of humidity, I bench in room at 55F and AC blasting bone dry.

oh wow, never thought the ss would be to cold, I never tested my SB-E on anything but RunMC's single stage, oh well that chip is gone.

I've been benching the past few days and really tried to catch Duke but it would seem that all my card has is 1560Mhz. It had run faster in the past but the scores were horrible. (finally figured out why) On a positive I did get a really good 03 score in this last round.

I've been benching the past few days and really tried to catch Duke but it would seem that all my card has is 1560Mhz. It had run faster in the past but the scores were horrible. (finally figured out why) On a positive I did get a really good 03 score in this last round.

great effort mate!

I really tried to do a good job to qualify me for the MOA.

First, when I ran SuperPi on Z68, after open the Control Center, the motherboard died and took along my best 2600k.

So I needed a super result in 3Dmark11.

I got in a gray market (not legal import) a MSI X79 GD65, but the board was lots of problems.

Sometimes recognized quad channel, but in the midst of testing was with dual channel.

For no reason, stopped in the BIOS posts 60 or 67 and all too often, turn on and off immediately with BIOS FF post.

I got a friend from msolutions (reseller) another MSI X79 GD65 that he used for his own use.

We had a very good session with the board and I had got a very good result (for the first session and the first time I had touched on the motherboard).

I got 14,902 points, but was using 3DMark11 version 1.03 (which admittedly gives worse scores), not knowing that this competition could use version 1.01.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3353814

There were 15 LN2 liters for me, and I changed the version of 3Dmark11.

Only had time to adjust the machine with almost same settings we had used and step by step increased the score a lit bot to 15,062.

Just out of nowhere for no reason, the other day the motherboard is not turned on.

The motherboard was dead (OMG).

Before turn off in its last session, I was careful to return the settings to non-aggressive, but the next day, the motherboard would turn on and turn off without no reason.

I searched far and wide across Brazil and did not find any GD65 or a Big Bang to continue trying.

I decided to call MSI in Brazil, and had a disappointing response 'it still not arrived in Brazil yet, so we have no X79 GD65 and no Big Bang".

I begged for some help, said he was willing to pay for a UPS or FedEx to get a board, but the answer was negative.

Also with great difficulty, had to borrow my friend overheat, a 3930K that did 55X (not lots of stabile, but ok), still afraid of killing the preciousness of him.

To give you an idea, I have never tested an Ivy Bridge, and I am eager to have one in hand, which shows how difficult things are here.

I did not binned nothing of these components...except the 2600K I really looked for, but just easy to buy and sell in Brazil.

Sometimes I'm sad to know that in Brazil, a country so large and so much potential, companies still not invest in people.

I would love to buy from Newegg, Microcenter, Frys, CompUSA, Ebuypower, and many others and have access to things that are weapons and tools needed to all overclockers.

I would like not have pay U$ 6 a liter of LN2 (in a countro where "minimum salarium is U$320) and don't need to wait for ... 3 ... 4 or 5 days to receive LN2 to do a session ... or not need to order one week advance to do a session.

The effort that we have to do to get things done is really quite large, and people who know me from other countries, know the "party" I do when I travel to countries like Taiwan and the United States and bring to my country, things that we can not buy here (from a simple wired wrap to solder to processors, thermometers, motherboards and things that make us so delighted with prices far below what we paid).

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a simple person and spent more $ than I can, in love with this activity that I like so much.

I am not complaining about our situations, the reason I am talking this is for those who thought that we, the Latin Americans would not have the technical knowledge to go to the finals, and even to win, just like to prove them wrong and that despite our worst conditions (pc parts , nitrogen, prices, etc.) , I strongly believe in the ability of many Latin American talent that each day has more to magnify our community.

My sincere congratulations to Splave, which is a great overclocker, a very nice guy and very well loved in the community, because he really deserves to be champion because he is a champion.

Only want people think about if we had had the same conditions, "perhaps" the result was different.

Not taking the merits of the champion, the requirements to be champion are:

Knowledge, Luck, components.

For us, it is leaving the desired item components.

I hope I can hold a place to be there.

Best regards from Brazil

Edited by rbuass

Top competition, guys! Seriously impressed by the level you guys are benching at. I sense USA or Latam might actually play a role in the global final this year. Maybe 2nd, after a European team of course :D

Great runs Rbuass. Truly a great bencher as with everyone else that tried. I am still working on securing my 3rd spot.

Wow the trash talk begins already? You might have just jinxed your mates bro. loool

Edited by [GF]Duke