HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2012 thread.

Mr.Scott

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a joke: Didn't see it before, sorry.

Well I am not in charge of double checking all competition submissions.

Anyway it's was written "retail hardware only" crystal clear on the stage and competition limitations, furthermore the submission doesn't have any screenshot with competition background and at least CPU-Z memory tab.

Also now I see that somebody commented 35 days ago about the ES use.

----

Heads-up: still going over the competition scores.

Personal note: don't travel at the start or end of competitions.

Edited by Christian Ney

Look, you guys are in the wrong. People had commented on the submissions saying it should and will be disallowed because it was a) with ES hardware and b) didn't fulfill screenshot requirements. The rules were clear, and they were posted in the comments section of the submission well before the end of the comp. You had time to rebench it if you wanted to, it was never going to stand.

if the result would have been blocked earlier, we has uploaded another scores! -.-

I hate to point this out, but this sort of attack on the staff is nearly abuse.

Surely if the user had read the rules at the beginning of the contest, then there wouldn't be an issue. It's not the staff's fault for not picking up on the failure of an individual to read and follow rules. As a team, you have to combine you efforts to make sure each submission is valid at all times. Even a month before the end of the contest.

• Crew
take a look around at all the other results in this competition! i am sure there are more of such results that no one had seen or reported! why we? maybe call me a "bad loser" or what ever, but i am such we deserve the win -.-

Calm down mate. Its calling Team Benching. We benched very good. Maybe better than other Teams. But if one member didn't looked carefully over the cup rules and we, the more experienced benchers didnt make him aware of it, we failed.

Calm down mate. Its calling Team Benching. We benched very good. Maybe better than other Teams. But if one member didn't looked carefully over the cup rules and we, the more experienced benchers didnt make him aware of it, we failed.

You did bench very well. Don't be so hard on yourself. Things slip by. It's very hard to police every single sub made by your team.

I've seen other subs by other teams with errors in them. They will be found also.;)

Great comp, loved it. See you the next go round. :)

@ HWBot is right if it is times sincere burn has not observed the rule, which is the charge of the I but the HWBot the score just take out should have! Since had we still insist can respond either get a different CPU or at a different benchmark again more get out can.

For this reason, I find it not IO the first place will be recognized from us then.

Greetings Sven

There was a discussion within our team and I thought it was handed over to the hwbot crew to resolve LONG before.

But the score stood there, accepted by everyone and when it is for more than 8 weeks...well why deleting it now?

There is nothing to really blame about "on the paper" as the rules are 100% clear in that point and the score is not completly legit but only because of things that do not really affect the result (keep that in mind!).

maybe just a little comparison:

If there was a questionable penalty in the 5th minute of a football game the ref will decide it in the 5th minute.

He will not come after playtime and call "uhhh I think I was wrong in the 5th minute this penalty does not count".

Maybe for the future sort the questionable results right away to let people have time to react.

Everyone noticed this screen before, just nobody mentioned it - maybe the worst anti-sandbag in history and worth a smile if you take things not too serious :D

maybe just a little comparison:

If there was a questionable penalty in the 5th minute of a football game the ref will decide it in the 5th minute.

He will not come after playtime and call "uhhh I think I was wrong in the 5th minute this penalty does not count".

Bad comparison, there is no 'real time' ref at HWB. It relies on the members and staff to police the subs when they have time. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the bencher to check his sub for accuracy before he submits it. If you don't want or like that, then it should be up to their respective team captains to check it for them. There is no fault of the staff or anybody else here, except the bencher who submitted the entry and maybe his team for not checking it.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Iirc the score actually got reported before. at least it was questioned in our forums and marked as "under moderation" when I checked.

So I did not re-reported it. I would have done it for sure to save us exactly from this situation.

Anyway it is NOT a bad comparison...at least equal to the "bolt-axiom" we had...