HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2012 thread.

Mr.Scott

Iirc the score actually got reported before. at least it was questioned in our forums and marked as "under moderation" when I checked.

So I did not re-reported it. I would have done it for sure to save us exactly from this situation.

We had a submission that sat, reported and un-moderated, forwell over a month as well.

We finally replaced it with a better one in the last couple weeks of the GF comp, it still hadn't been moderated.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 weeks since the stage I won ended :D

Gigabyte even upgraded their lineup since the end of the competition. So, basically the prizes are not even from the must current series... rofl.

The way this should've been handled is "stage over" -> "contact winners for shipping details" -> "ship parts". Done. No need to wait till the end of the competition to send the stage prizes, a stage is also a standalone competition - no scores posted in august could change anything related to a stage that ended in July. And also no need to hold the prizes for at least 3 weeks after the end of the competition. You may wonder if prizes will ever be shipped... or if Z89 will be out first.

This is tragic... haha. I feel sorry for the other winners, and I'm somewhat ashamed of being a part of the moderating crew when I see this. I actually hoped some of you other guys had received your stuff, and it was just me who had to wait now.

Edited by knopflerbruce

Gigabyte even upgraded their lineup since the end of the competition. So, basically the prizes are not even from the must current series... rofl.

The way this should've been handled is "stage over" -> "contact winners for shipping details" -> "ship parts". Done. No need to wait till the end of the competition to send the stage prizes, a stage is also a standalone competition - no scores posted in august could change anything related to a stage that ended in July. And also no need to hold the prizes for at least 3 weeks after the end of the competition. You may wonder if prizes will ever be shipped... or if Z89 will be out first.

This is tragic... haha. I feel sorry for the other winners, and I'm somewhat ashamed of being a part of the moderating crew when I see this. I actually hoped some of you other guys had received your stuff, and it was just me who had to wait now.

You will get a NDA price...lol

Changes are definitely required in competitions. Most everyone agrees that these extreme delays are unacceptable. Hwbot has some very responsive moderators like yourself, why not ask them to help with the certifying of results and help produce a news release.

HWBOT has a very loyal membership and fan base.

Massman, if unable to complete tasks in a resonable time frame, needs to delegate some of the responsibility! This is the sign of a true leader.

• 2 weeks later...