HWBOT Community Forums

The Fail

K404

Sister thread to "The Rage"

I have just embarrassed myself by benching with what I can only guess is a dodgy SLI bridge connection. LN2 clocks couldn't beat guys running on air.

Awesome :P

Weirdly, i'm not mad. Probably a bad sign :P

EDIT: Just checked my result screenies. All except one were in PCI-E 1.1 mode. Wow. Fail indeed!

Edited by K404

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc your epic fail moment was in the Romanian guys' room at the Paris Tweaking event. The moment you told everybody you would be easily sub 9 mins at 4ghz, I asked who is this guy ?

I did not say such a thing, I said the mark for tomorrow would be to hit sub 9, and if we had better ram, we would have made it =]

No no..... other people are meant to post their stories of fail to make me feel better!!

Got done with a DICE bench session and didn't want the acetone to corrode the pot (AL/Cu mix), so grabbed it off the chip and dumped it in the toilet. I and most everyone else ususally disposes of liquids and other things in the toilet, so why not -80C acetone?

When the acetone hit the poo water, it was like a gyser of toilet water, DICE and freezing acetone, right in the face. Yeah...

Got done with a DICE bench session and didn't want the acetone to corrode the pot (AL/Cu mix), so grabbed it off the chip and dumped it in the toilet. I and most everyone else ususally disposes of liquids and other things in the toilet, so why not -80C acetone?

When the acetone hit the poo water, it was like a gyser of toilet water, DICE and freezing acetone, right in the face. Yeah...

Bahahhaha epic :D

Apparently I killed a possible 7 GHz Phenom II CPU by mounting the pot too tight...

I did that twice

Also the acetone thing with a pot i didn't seal off corroded the conformal coat on the PCB, which i failed with too because I used acrylic based lol. I guess you live and learn and then get lost.

Did that. Once. Had just cleaned the toilet thankfully.

The fun part was getting all the acetone splatters off the floor before they ate a hole in it, while still covered in acetone myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...