HWBOT Community Forums

UCBench Sux......

Splave

I understand on intel to use SSE3 and set specific thread counts but come on....how can scores be so different at the exact same clocks running the exact same hardware...

This is not a skill bench its a luck bench and IMO that is a waste for getting points in the CPU category.

On the other hand HWBPrime is excellent! I just dont get how this UCbench program was selected to get points.... Maybe someone can fill me in.

• Crew

For me, running HWbot Prime is faster on 2nd run and then drops on 3rd while it is fastest on 4th or 5th run. I tried between different systems but behavior was almost the same everytime across them. UCBench is like running a specific combination of threads. Running i.e. 64 threads alone doesnt achieve the same results. Especially on single cores there seems to be a trick getting a ridicules high result which looks very bugged.

Guest Bullant

While I find all the 2d benches not to be at the same skill level as 32m Pi I think they all require skill but I do find ubench to be consistent,just have to find what makes it work.The best thing about this bench is that its not about the best CPU but more about dialling in

Guest Bullant
Seems like some people figured out how to get high scores consistently?

I've had no problem with it,only benched I twice and with my setup it was consistent,I do have some ideas why this may be but would have to test it again to confirm my reason for consistency

so if i know how to dial it in then i get consistent scores-that supposed to be fun or what-thats not tweaking.

for me it seems hwbot just puts up new benches to grow th community but if we loose quality??

reported nearly 30 to 40 results in catzilla because no screens no proof no nada-but it seems nobody cares these days.

Edited by basco

can you clarify if these are legal procedures or not?

1.Setting Un-select-able core counts?

C1Ohhbv.png

2.Setting Decimals?

9MLUg4u.png

3. & 4. Adding a Pause to the .BAT and or Running the .BAT directly then opening the launcher after the bench is over (not detectable as results file is still written so I think it should be allowed)

XS4eJ2A.png