Rampage V Extreme

coolice

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Crew

Too much mem voltage... my board/CPU combo does the same at just 1.605Vdimm... I can load XMP, put Vdimm at 1.61 and get that infinite boot loop... One of the reasons to switch to the V10. ASRock and MSI have a samilar issue with BWE...

I'll stick to MFR at 3333C13 at 1.575Vdimm

Edited by Leeghoofd

Too much mem voltage... my board/CPU combo does the same at just 1.605Vdimm... I can load XMP, put Vdimm at 1.61 and get that infinite boot loop... One of the reasons to switch to the V10. ASRock and MSI have a samilar issue with BWE...

I'll stick to MFR at 3333C13 at 1.575Vdimm

I frequently get 53 memory not detected code on POST even after clearing CMOS, I don't know if my R5E is dying or what. I think i figured out that the board isn't applying my VDIMM settings when the crazy loop happens as i cleared CMOS and left stock settings but just tried raising volts to 1.35. Getting back into the UEFI it still shows 1.2v.

Edited by sabishiihito

Cache on air tops at 3.6-3.7... on cold aim for 4200-4300

On LN2 you should be hitting 4500+ with 1.7vcache set.

I frequently get 53 memory not detected code on POST even after clearing CMOS, I don't know if my R5E is dying or what. I think i figured out that the board isn't applying my VDIMM settings when the crazy loop happens as i cleared CMOS and left stock settings but just tried raising volts to 1.35. Getting back into the UEFI it still shows 1.2v.

Do you have a faulty or outdated OC Panel connected?

I get it with and without an OC panel, I think that my boards are just worn out. It happens much more when using 4x8GB DIMM's than with 4x4GB. It's probably time for the updated RVE 10 board.

Do you also have problems with vdimm voltage not applying?

Easily over 90% of dram issues are solved by properly cleaning the socket, cpu pads and dimm slots with pure alcohol or similar + toothbrush.

Cache on air tops at 3.6-3.7... on cold aim for 4200-4300

I tested it and for Cinebench or XTU was cache so unstable more than around 3800 MHz (1.45-1.5V at cache). CPU tops almost 5050 MHz, but afterall I have results only with 5 GHz. 5050 dont saved, frozed it :D

Elmor: ufff 1.7 V is relative high :) Im afraid, maybe enxt time, but I cant kill the chip...

Elmor: ufff 1.7 V is relative high :) Im afraid, maybe enxt time, but I cant kill the chip...

Tested on a lot of chips and they're all still working well.

I've tried cleaning out the slots and socket with contact cleaner but it's still a no go for me. I'm not complaining, I got alot of mileage out of them, thousands of liters of LN2 and hours and hours of extreme benching with them.

My question about OC Panel was not related to the problems you're seeing, only if the vdimm was not applying.

elmor said:
On LN2 you should be hitting 4500+ with 1.7vcache set.

Do you have a faulty or outdated OC Panel connected?

Turns out I did. Updated the firmware and I'm good. Set CPU to 4.4, cache to 3.7, loaded the AFR 3400 profile.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/9e25bcfec7b0d5f4d6611ff4b88588c5.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
10 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Voltages shouldn't be a problem. Multies we use the trick to push one higher 

Core voltage is where I have the most problems just stop setting at some point randomly, oc panel also can't change vcore anymore. I have more problems when a benchmark such as superpi is open. CPU ratio stops working on the oc panel but continues to work in turbov core sometimes. BCLK continues to work in both. Same issues even when oc panel is not plugged in. 

I also have been running into a wierd bug where trying to assign per core oc when core are disabled in bios instantly locks the system. 

• 4 weeks later...