HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI - SuperPI on the GPU

_mat_

Hola my friend @_mat_  , something is wrong with gpupi 3.2 and latest nvidia rtx 3090 video cards. It runs and scores are great but the program cannot detect the video card  and clocks correctly , hence it won't let me submit here in hwbot scores for 1b gpupi 3.2 , anyt help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Yes, that's very much possible. If I remember correctly from Frederick's short mail replies, the hardware has to be added in a special way to make it work for the submission API. So if the uploading doesn't work on the HWBOT side of things (like the server returns with an error), it might be necessary to let @Leeghoofd know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to make GPUPI work with windows7 ?

I tried on many ways, it crashes on hwinfo, i disabled detection. 

Now it crashes when i try to submit score to hw bot or save result. 

I tried all CL's from Intel, from AMD and so on. 

obraz_2020-11-23_110658.png

Edited by tomekmak

• 2 months later...
  • Crew
On 10/8/2020 at 11:32 PM, _mat_ said:

Yes, that's very much possible. If I remember correctly from Frederick's short mail replies, the hardware has to be added in a special way to make it work for the submission API. So if the uploading doesn't work on the HWBOT side of things (like the server returns with an error), it might be necessary to let @Leeghoofd know.

Late reply to this but if it helps, yes all strings coming from external programs have to be matched manually to a specific hardware db entry. I usually do this once in a month but the first user with new hardware will always face a problem. And there is some hardware which is just cant be identified by name. Like "Radeon Graphics" or "Athlon XP", "Athlon 64 3200",... Those stuff get ignored. Dont know how you handle this. But I would prefer not to submit directly to the rankings but to give the user the possibility to enter his hardware manually on the submit page. There are other things like cooling, motherboard and ram which can be only added by editing.

I can only encourage all users with detection problems to start a new topic in the support section. Maybe you could alter the error message in those cases accordingly. 

• Crew

Im facing a little strange problem with GPU PI 3.3.3:

image.thumb.png.b9d88b8e2e99789cd595dee072d962bb.png

This doesnt complete even with stock settings. However version 3.2 has no problems. I also dont see whats wrong, since it states that "calculation finished successfully".

As there are zero Vega 64 cards with 3.3 32B ranking but 15 competitors in the 1B ranking, something looks wrong here. My Vega 56 got flashed to a Vega 64, so the problem might be name handling. But otherwise no clue, I tried different opencl dlls but that made no difference. Next is trying with the stock bios to confirm my theory.

The resulting hash is invalid. Not by much, the last hexadecimal digit should be 8, but it is 9. This looks like a rounding error.

It's probably an OpenCL driver bug triggered by a kernel/compilation option in GPUPI 3.3. You can try different/older drivers, but I can't promise you anything.

That's exactly what happens if you don't get the graphics card to test and fix a benchmark. They will stop working at some point when the vendor changes pile up. 6900 XT doesn't work as well.

• 2 months later...
  • Crew
On 3/8/2020 at 1:45 AM, yosarianilives said:

Anyone experience with this error? I get it on launch on both 3.2 and 3.3, only the legacy versions launch but obviously they suck for effi

20200307_155108.jpg

I had the exactly the same error and in case its still interesting to some one: the cause seems to be the opencl.dll in GPUPI folder. Simply delete it.

• Like 1

Where is the OpenCL.dll from? I do not distribute the OpenCL.dll with GPUPI. This DLL should be available on your system; best case is that the graphics driver deploys it according to what feature level is available.

The error is from the OpenCL DLL that seems to be out of date. Remove it as Strunkenbold said. If it's not working, please install a graphics driver or one of the OpenCL Redistributables from a CPU vendor. Intel OpenCL preferred.

I also advise to not run any executable from the Music folder. It may have special rights. Same with the Documents folder.

Hola amigo @_mat_ , is mix matching gpus still possible on gpupi ? I would like to know if i can run 2x rtx 3090s + 1x rtx 3070 together ?   3 gpus total.

Another quick question , is there any possibility for the amd rx 6900xt to work in gpupi ?

Thank you in advanced my friend.

Edited by chispy

Yes, you can match as you like. The fastest card will decide the combination represented on the bot. Your example will be listed as 3x3090.

As for the 6900 XT, I'm not getting support by any graphics vendor, so no, there currently is none for GPUPI as well. Yes, it goes both ways.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Yes, you can match as you like. The fastest card will decide the combination represented on the bot. Your example will be listed as 3x3090.

As for the 6900 XT, I'm not getting support by any graphics vendor, so no, there currently is none for GPUPI as well. Yes, it goes both ways.

Muchas gracias amigo Matt  ? , appreciate it bro. I will try 3 rtx cards to test , no worries about 6900 xt bro is ok and i do understand.

Kind regards: Angelo

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, Strunkenbold said:

Im facing a little strange problem with GPU PI 3.3.3:

image.thumb.png.b9d88b8e2e99789cd595dee072d962bb.png

This doesnt complete even with stock settings. However version 3.2 has no problems. I also dont see whats wrong, since it states that "calculation finished successfully".

As there are zero Vega 64 cards with 3.3 32B ranking but 15 competitors in the 1B ranking, something looks wrong here. My Vega 56 got flashed to a Vega 64, so the problem might be name handling. But otherwise no clue, I tried different opencl dlls but that made no difference. Next is trying with the stock bios to confirm my theory.

@StrunkenboldI am seeing the same message, did you ever find a solution? I see it only with 3.3.3 and 3.3.3 - legacy and only with 32B

Clipboard01.png

• Crew

Ah sorry yes, youre correct on that Fury X. 

The problematic part is that you don't see the actually used opencl version. AMD OpenCL 1.2 can be dozens of versions same as AMD OpenCL 2.0. So its still possible there is a combination which works. This is still a bug but it looks also like mat doesnt have time anymore to work on GPUPI.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...