HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2015 - SC1: CPU Challenge thread.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In subcomp 2 cpu challenge stage 2 AMD CPU-Z Lowest Clock, the engine is taking all of the submissions and putting them in as REFERENCE CLOCK. messing up the general rankings

In my case this submission was put in as 132mhz cpu clock but it put it in the comp as 66mhz

http://hwbot.org/submission/2925263

I can not edit it. It should be 132mhz low clock for comp and 66mhz reference clock general rankings.

Dont mind having the winning score but its wrong.

In subcomp 2 cpu challenge stage 2 AMD CPU-Z Lowest Clock, the engine is taking all of the submissions and putting them in as REFERENCE CLOCK. messing up the general rankings

In my case this submission was put in as 132mhz cpu clock but it put it in the comp as 66mhz

http://hwbot.org/submission/2925263

I can not edit it. It should be 132mhz low clock for comp and 66mhz reference clock general rankings.

Dont mind having the winning score but its wrong.

All fixed :)

i know thad the Cinebench R15 LGA775 stage is for 775 socket.

but ar we alowed to run 771 to 775 convertors , and ar users whit a qx9775 alowed to run singel cpu configuration on 771 socket bords?

Only LGA775 processors are allowed.

But if you want to run a LGA775-to-LGA771 convertor to use your LGA775 on a LGA771 motherboard, that's fine :)

Only LGA775 processors are allowed.

But if you want to run a LGA775-to-LGA771 convertor to use your LGA775 on a LGA771 motherboard, that's fine :)

qx9775 is a socket 771 cpu

qx9770 is a socket 775 cpu

bothe of the cpu's ar almost the same.the diference is fb-dimm vs ddr2 and dual vs singel socket

i dont think ther ar 775-to-771 convertors only 771-to-775

• Crew
Because it would allow dual socket systems that will make using 775 chips pointless. Many of those systems don't even allow overclocking, and THAT isn't the overclocking way... by definition.

You see it in the wrong perspective. Nobody talks about dual CPU configs. Its still about running s775 systems but using s771 CPUs with an adapter.

Many s775 got a second life with those cheap xeon quads.

You see it in the wrong perspective. Nobody talks about dual CPU configs. Its still about running s775 systems but using s771 CPUs with an adapter.

Many s775 got a second life with those cheap xeon quads.

I understand what you are getting at and I always applaud having a wider range of CPUs to choose from, believe me, that is my entire crusade. I can just understand why it will not be allowed since you would have to have another whole layer of restrictions. If you allow 771 chips you would have to then make a rule to limit that its only 771 chips on 775 motherboards (if the engine would even allow that) which means enforcing a rule that you must put your motherboard in the system specs on submission. Or you would have to allow 771 motherboards but try and moderate manually if its a dual socket 771 or not. It just seems messy just to allow 771 chips which are essentially 775 chips but cheaper.

I would be all for allowing 771 chips to participate but I can see the logistical chaos that doing so would create. If the mods don't mind the extra work, I have a few 771 chips that I can certainly take for a little spin. I just wouldn't want to see the stage taken by a dual socket 771 setup with little to no effort.

Edited by Rasparthe

I think it would be easy enough to allow 771 in every application except dual socket configuration. There were very few 771 boards worth overclocking on so for the most part, it would be people just trying to get a Xeon or 771 EE working on 775. Blocking out dual socket configurations would be pretty easy. Basically, if you rule out multiple chip configurations, 771 offers no direct benefit, just another "equal" option if you're willing to work for it.

• Crew

Should be really easy to implement, basically you need to restrict this to:

-Socket 771 and 775 CPUs

-maximum of 4 cores

If there are people who run multi CPU dualcore xeons these can be manually get removed from competition by a mod. Same goes for people running single CPU on a socket 771 board. Not that they would have a chance anyway to win anything.