HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Round 4 thread.

IvTK

Intel e6500k or Pentium Dual core e2180' can run in this competition ?

Someone correct me if Im wrong but Im 99% that no is the answeer to your question.

The following achitecturs are Core based and therefor shouldnt be alowed even if Intel decided to be logical and name some CPUs from some of them pentium.

Conroe

Allendale

Wolfdale

Kentsfield

Yorkfield

Someone correct me if Im wrong but Im 99% that no is the answeer to your question.

The following achitecturs are Core based and therefor shouldnt be alowed even if Intel decided to be logical and name some CPUs from some of them pentium.

Conroe

Allendale

Wolfdale

Kentsfield

Yorkfield

Correct - no hardware from the Core architecture (which includes some Celeron and Pentium branded CPUs)

I cant submit in 3D05 its open for submissions but when I try to submit. The submission uploads then I get a blank page.

Fixed

Phenoms for the win))

There are no AM2 Phenoms, only AM2+, so it depends on how they count, but I wouldn't bet on Phenoms being allowed since they preform similar to Intels Core architecture which would lead to the Intel choice being completely meaningless.

It reads to me just as a spelling correction from 660GT to 6600GT, the sli bit would still be as per original.

Author: SDougal

Round 4: July 1st - August 31st

Link: http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/osibs_round4

Stage 1: 3DMark05, Limitations: AMD AM2 processors and LGA775 processors (excl ?Core?) / GeForce 6600GT

Stage 2: MaxxMem Read Bandwidth, Limitations: VIA KT133A Chipset only

This is from the link above.

We make a separation between AM2 and AM2+ in our CPU database. Phenom based scores will not be able to be linked to the competition.

I'm running s2011v3 with fury x and hwbot invited me to participate.Needless to say I am sitting number one on 3dmark05 score, while getting 5 times the marks than second place. Can this be fixed?

Fixed some underlying code - now it will not invite to join anymore.

How's that Fury X going, by the way :D

"the hardware is limited to AMD AM2 processors and LGA775 processors"

But what about AMD motherboards? I can use only socket AM2 motherboards, or sAM3 motherboard with AM2 processor is allowed as well?

Thanks for answer :)

You can run AM3(+) CPUs in a AM2 motherboard but you cant run AM2 CPUs in a AM3(+) motherboard so the limit is in the hardware.

You can run AM3(+) CPUs in a AM2 motherboard but you cant run AM2 CPUs in a AM3(+) motherboard so the limit is in the hardware.

No, you can't.

You can run AM3 CPU in AM2/AM2+ motherboards, because AM3 CPUs have DDR2 controllers. AM3+ CPUs can be used only in AM3+ boards and older AM3 with proper bios support.

For example Asus Crosshair IV Formula is AM3, but supports AM3+ CPUs with certain beta bioses.

AM3 CPUs are up to Phenom II/Thuban.

Pure AM2 boards support AM2 CPUs only, which means Athlon 64/Athlon 64 FX and these are similar to s.939 CPUs.

Socket AM2+ boards support both AM2 and AM2+ and with bios update - the newer AM3 CPUs, but limited to X4.

Thuban is not supported on AM2+ boards or I haven't seen such a board with bios support for X6.

This is incorrect, some AM2+ with updated bios support all AM3 CPUs, including Thuban.

AM2 is the successor of s.939 and this round should be limited to X2 6400+ Windsor F3 being the fastest of the stack. Or basically K8 micro-architecture.

Looking at hwbot database though, X2 7750 and X2 7850 (and others from this family) are incorrectly listed as AM2, while they are AM2+ (K10, Kuma core). Also the infamous "newer" X2 5000+ and X2 5200+ which were in fact locked Denebs and some of them even unlocked to X4. They are listed under the AM2 category in hwbot database, which is again not correct.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Looking at hwbot database though, X2 7750 and X2 7850 (and others from this family) are incorrectly listed as AM2, while they are AM2+ (K10, Kuma core). Also the infamous "newer" X2 5000+ and X2 5200+ which were in fact locked Denebs and some of them even unlocked to X4. They are listed under the AM2 category in hwbot database, which is again not correct.

Fixed :)