HWBOT Community Forums

MSI GODLIKEOC S2 AMBIENT2D

raules009

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the wrong image for Screenshoot. ( No Icewater bench, but Icewater pic ;) I Bencht with ice, because I did not know that's icewasser not allowed. Sorry for miss take.

Icewater/Chiller not allowed.

Greez

I see, I guess that's why they tell us in the rules to plan and make our submissions carefully as we are not allowed to remove them. Gets serious when big $ prizes are awarded.

Wow, some huge scores and monster CPU's in here again. Good benching so far everyone. I am having problems with memory training, no idea how you are running over 3866C12.

Nik and Ziken, you guys are killing it. Wish for chips like yours.

Edited by KaRtA

• Administrators

I checked the top results at extreme and ambient, and found a contradiction at rules btw, because of this a clarification. Some people do not have the spd tab that is mentioned at rules, but I will not remove results because of this

Reason is that we do not need it because we do not rule out any memory sticks and the difference at extreme and ambient rules which made this confusing for some benchers it seems - you need cpu, mainboard and memory tab at CPUZ, that´s enough for me

P.S. I handle this same way for extreme competition, so this is valid for both divisions of msi 2d battle

Edited by websmile

Agree, the lowest temp i can handle with AC is 14 and its really funny sit here for about 10H benching :D Offcourse, it is possible only after midnight, cause on normal day, you got 19+.

Mutch easier on winter, take hat, big socks and do the job..

• Administrators

The stages are moderated, it is not my job to comment, but we need reliable monitoring like xtu for example has in the future. I removed lots of results, some of them because temp monitorig was not run during benchmark, most because of insufficient verification though. The final overall standings need to be recalculated, MSI did an awesome competition here, it might have been last chilled water though as future comps will have minimum temps of 30° celsius.

Grats to the winners and I hope all enjoyed the battle :)

I'm sorry, but what about running 1.85v in hwbot prime. That just isn't right on ambient! 1.76v was far fetched enough!

As a teamleader of team in which is this submit belongs, I know in fact that it was by the books, he just didnt care if he kills it and he was trying to get few more points no matter what happens...

• Administrators

This I checked as well (also sent link to head of moderation), it is VN most likely, real vcore is around 1,53v according to hwmonitor (VN8=Vcore) - 1,85v would normally throttle immediately

Edited by websmile

I'm sorry, but what about running 1.85v in hwbot prime. That just isn't right on ambient! 1.76v was far fetched enough!

You can try it. Just delid chip, build water-cool system yourself with high flow pump, use kryonaut, set level 4 Vdrop, cool down air temperature to 14 degree with aircondition or open the window if you live in right place. Amd you can handle IT, but!!! I was prepared toho kill it, cause it was terrible chip. Also you need rerun it 50 times, because it will start degrade here and need more and more. For 5138 was OK for 1,75, more not. Getting 1,65 on 6700k si more unreal than i3 ;)

Edited by PKBO

Websmile, If a competitor is moved to the Apprentice league due to visible icewater/chiller use, do the rules not allow him/her to return to the Enthusiast league ALL within the time frame of the MSI Ambient comp? Can you clarify this?

hwbotprime submit #3289400 to comp had ice bucket in screenshot and was allowed to be removed from comp, competitor was moved to Apprentice, and then returned to ambient comp. Also against stated rules from what I read. Can you clarify this as well?

Also Websmile, Christian Ney stated for I3 sub, HWinfo should be in screen along with HWMonitor. ? Can you clarify this as this is missing from some subs

• Administrators

I can clarify nothing because I was not involved in any way in an incident with someone moved up to apprentice and then back to el, you have to ask massman or Christian Ney on this, but iirc, I already made this clear before. If the submissuion was a mistake it might be OK, I cannot comment on things I was not involved in as this was week when I was offline obviously

On the Hwinfo issue, temp3 on hwmonitor is enough, at tests I made and feedback I had it showed that hwinfo tends to crash at full load when hwmonitor runs as well

Makes sense what you're saying about hwinfo. Thanks for clarification.

I thought you would be involved and/or aware with the removal of a sub from the comp you're moderating is why I asked you. I could ask Massman or Christian Ney, I just thought you all compared notes.