HWBOT Community Forums

Buying binned HW

Splave

But Allen u did the same with Roman, didnt u? i remember the post on FB when u said thanks to him for the special CPU from Caseking........so, what's wrong if the other do the same????

i understand what u mean, if u buy Binned stuff from someone, and if this someone is a bencher, u will never get the best but only something looser then what they've kept for their self.....but on the market there are alot of bad chips.......if u are in america u can send them back to neweggs or anyelse, but in australia for example u can't, and u need to sell them on ebay or forum by loosing money!

Ayep, that's what happens.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Allen u did the same with Roman, didnt u? i remember the post on FB when u said thanks to him for the special CPU from Caseking........so, what's wrong if the other do the same????

i understand what u mean, if u buy Binned stuff from someone, and if this someone is a bencher, u will never get the best but only something looser then what they've kept for their self.....but on the market there are alot of bad chips.......if u are in america u can send them back to neweggs or anyelse, but in australia for example u can't, and u need to sell them on ebay or forum by loosing money!

This again.

I dunno why everyone in Australia thinks you can return CPUs to Newegg, but that's simply not true.

Please read, this has already been addressed before

Newegg doesn't take CPUs back. No matter who you are.

They don't take them back, I've tried. :D

Best you can do is return maybe a 3-4 CPUs to Amazon or local shop before you get kicked out.

I hope i don't need to point out to anyone what 3-4 CPUs gets you on Skl.

Edit:- Jason snipe. :D

My memory ain't great but I remember having a conversation with at least one USA overclocker saying that he was returning chips to newegg.

Because I remember being ridiculously jealous.

I dont know if this is only on older gen though.

I still have no idea what allen is trying to get at with regard to his OP

There's 5 page of off topic here. Long story short Mad Tse from Galax test memory and share result showing u 4133c12 mem, then Galax start selling pre-binned mem. Now you will buy the mem thinking about Mad Tse result for 350 USD...

If i'm not wrong Allen just saying you can't belive, also when u pay 350 USD, you will have best stick from a company because they keep for himself the best sticks out from binning.

And the game for sell uber priced stuff is let you see best of the best results from best of the best sticks.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited by RULE

Well since the 100 galax kits were called for the first day a lot of people decided not to buy once the price was released, myself included. The demand obviously isn't great since they still had kits available earlier today and for that kind of money guys who know ram expect a minimum of 4080c12 with 49/6/50/6 rtl's but are hoping for 4080-4133c12-11 waza stable under 1.95v real

I must say I am pretty lucky in USA. I have 5 microcenters within driving distance, one is 15 min away and the other 4 are 30-45min away. You can only buy 1 cpu every 2 weeks but you go to different stores on different days and use different names. Also Amazon takes them back. I definitely try not to abuse it though, so I dont ruin it. That's why I bought from Case King, but 6100 was found at Microcenter. Sorry for OT but I had to say we are still pretty lucky in USA compared to other countries, depending on where you live of course.

I usually buy some stuff here and dont care too much for binned rejects for myself since those are way better than the average I can find here (specially memory kits). As for CPUs, stores in Chile are very expensive and most of the people (even plebs) dont care about if CPU was delidded or not (but must be sealed of course haha), only if it works and if is cheap (always inform them if was delidded, etc).

As they say, the garbage for ones is the treasure for others.

Buying binned HW is not for everyone since some can do it on their own ,have resources ,time and patience but there are others...less fortunate bunch ,i only bought one binned CPU (my last one from Silicon L) and two binned memory kits back in the days from Sam and another (ass-hole) member here .I don't regret the choice I made since I'm happy with both my purchases which were trustworthy and return was acceptable not to mention one kit which was not what it supposed to be (money lost) ,so I don't see problem with buying or selling binned HW for premium as long as you getting what you payed for .

When it comes to NewEgg CPU's ,no you can't get refund but you will get replacement (rotation),mater of a fact is that most major retailers will do that in US,so when you decide to bin from particular place you need to understand that you will end up actually buying the product -returns are limited and the whole procedure is very time consuming since you have to send it back and wait for replacement -not worth it,with memory I never had a problem getting my money back (Egg Prime comes handy ),I see few ppl mentioning Galax memory being overpriced ..made me smile especially with all that B-die nonsense ..you not only getting top shelf manually binned B-,you getting thicker PCB and pretty much collectors item for like 50$ more what I payed for my Geil which is very similar and they don't sell them here in US anymore.. once again it's not for everyone ,just my 2c

Edited by coolhand411