HWBOT Community Forums

Is it really OLD SCHOOL?

max1024

To many 775/771 is not old school because of the later gen stuff. Ddr3 pcie2 and quads are not that old school. In fact many over at vogons still use latter 775 systems as there daily system.

This isn't the Vogons forum or a competition being hosted by them.

Now older first gen 775 stuf is in my opinion old school, but it pushing it.

As if your singular, personal opinion would make any difference with planning the layout of the comp..... Because it doesn't.

Anyway I'm setting this on out. I don't have any 775/771 parts and I don't plain on buying any. I'm having more fun breaking sk604 scores right now. If I had the parts I might join in, but 775/771 baords are just to costly to buy for one round of old school.

With this last you made and proved the case for your comments to mean nothing but pointless trolling, since the comp won't concern you in anyway what you have to say is useless dribble and nothing more.

In short - Butt the **** out already.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol too costly are they , not too bad on the fsb with it either is it you idiot, 536 i got from a costly board ??...lol too funny, best you just bow out , get back in your stable and eat some hay or somethin, doubt your owner would you provide you some oats to get the brain workin

https://vod.ebay.com.au/vod/FetchOrderDetails?sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AVPS&itemid=122232294613&transid=1715387932002

Edited by ozzie

i dunno to much about too much at all , from what i see this matrox card inclusion in this platfrorm is gunna be very interesting, from $20 to $2000 +, well i spose it depends on what you can and what you cant , of course unless anyone has got 1 ready to go, i quite like it, seems to bring people cards back to the toors of it , in other words , get what you get from it .i feel.,

Finally ! It seems quite interesting round ! ;) I'm in trouble only with vga. Don't know even a bit about quadros. :) I've just bought a Giga P45 for quad cpus, can't stand waiting to test finally ! Am I right that FX4600 is the strongest "pre G96" quadro ? It's so rare and pretty expensive. :S Is it able to mod a 8800 gtx to quadro ? :)

You mentioned that 775 is not so oldschool. Maybe yes, but 775 has pretty high differnces between the early and the late platforms. The early stuffs is nearly not stronger than a top s478 but till the end it became close to even a 1366 performance. Most of the quadro tpyes are pretty weak. :S Even Vantage or 3d06 is not a big celebration on a low end vga. :D I can remeber clearly that how many times I tried 06 last season with 939 + nv7000. so, so much times. Cpu test made the gt fpses so much acceptable. :D

ther ar stonger cards than the quadro fx 4600 thad we can use.but old power come whit a hafty price tag of 160€ on ebay.

I did go for a fx 4600 ( g80 gl ) and a fx 3700 ( g92 gl ) for a pirce tag lower than the stonger fx 5600 ( g80 gl )

softmot a normal 8800 to a quadro whil work.but it whil not be alowed.

have askt this some time a go.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=469772&postcount=18

Edited by skulstation

@ topic:

in my eyes is old school

cpu 32 bit and older

gpu DX9 and older

64 bit cpu und gpu with DX1X is in my eyes the border to modern technology.

i know s775 and 8800GTX are old, but they are not old school to me.

Edited by Luebke

theyre 12yrs old now, thats plenty old enough to be catergorised as old school.. put them up against what is available today and see if theyre not old school and how close they are to "new technology", they arent even in the race to be close

Edited by ozzie

• Administrators

We have a change obviously at the way database is handled, so device id no longer is valid to determine which class a card belongs to but the amount of shaders, Rops and so on. This might lead to flashing being allowed as it doesn´t matter anymore what model you buy but what gpu characeteristics are shown, a quadro then is determined by BIOS used it seems. Will update this when I have logical explanation for this why this refers to some cards and why I should not allow this here

I think that people playing that oldschool overclock thing are respect the competition and community to play clear. Anyway, this is the only way that makes it exciting, isn't it ? ;) Trying to reach you and your stuffs border.

Anyway, can't believe that I've just found an fx-4600 for the price of a 8800 gtx at a local site ! :nana:

@ozzie:

theyre 12yrs old now, thats plenty old enough to be catergorised as old school..

no, its old enough to categorise it as old, but old isn´t the same as old school. haswell is old, but 64-bit cpu is modern, because kaby lake und zen will be 64 bit cpu. ;)

u can categorise as u want. that´s only the way i would categorise "old school", because it has effect to the benchmarks. for exsample u can´t make a 64 bit benchmark on a 32 bit cpu... but u can make every benchmark running at kaby lake running at 775, too.

Edited by Luebke