HWBOT Community Forums

Is it really OLD SCHOOL?

max1024

But in stage 2 it says:

"Use 1 videocard core(s) in total.

a Quadro series, Quadro NVS series videocard

a videocard with the G96', G94', G92', G86-Q, G84-Q, G80-Q, G70' core

Only use processors using socket LGA771.

A verification screenshot is required.

Must use official competition background"

One of the two is wrong, now it's up to the mods to decide which one...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in stage 2 it says:

Only use processors using socket LGA771.

A verification screenshot is required.

Must use official competition background"

One of the two is wrong, now it's up to the mods to decide which one...

Does this:

Not fit inside this parameter?

In terms of graphics contestants are limited to using Nvidia G96-based Quadro cards (single GPU only) or older.

I't really doesnt, because NVS cards dont have any other chips than G98 (which isn't even on the list) and G86, this only leaves one card within the parameters, that beeing the Quadro NVS 290...

Hence, use some logic here. That means the only NVS card you can use is a NVS290, if it has the G86 core. You can still use any regular Quadro that fits inside the parameters of "G96 core or older".

It can't be stated any simpler other than making a list for you.

Edited by Mr.Scott

According to hwbot database these (desktop) cards are allowed:

Quadro FX 1800 , Quadro FX 370 , Quadro FX 3700 , Quadro FX 4500 , Quadro FX 4600 , Quadro FX 5600 , Quadro FX 570 , Quadro FX 580 , Quadro VX 200

But NVS 290 should also be fine, since it has the G86 GPU, but atm the GPU is listed as NV290 :)

Edited by TAGG

I think somebody is suffering of lack of imagination ?

For example, let's take this "new" Old school competition: Again we see, as much time from previous OS socket 478, 939, Socket A ? It seems to me, or that the other sockets or tasks can not be used or HWbot management forgot about it? Why we need overclock again and again that was overclocked previously?

I can refresh your mind, lets take socket7, there are a lot of cpu Why do not take one of them o pair: Cyrix, IBM, IDT Winchip, ST even AMD K6-0 etc???

Olso a lot of cpu on Socket3, why do not used socket4? Socket8 is also more interesting then Quadro NVS. And socket 370 No?

There are a lot of chipsets for this platforms, thousand combinations with different characteristics, it is possible to make roundap for OS 2020 and the tasks will not be repeated. Think it will REAL Old School.

I do not understand the approach by which invented such tasks as this tournament. It is not interesting, at all.

• Administrators

I will repeat it, you had more than 4 months of time to make proposals, this is not!! hwbot made stages and I am tired of people complaining but not moving their a.. when it comes to give input - so all was too much work when Mr.Paco proposed the stages publicly (we made open thread with search for proposals here) for you to give input but now you can bunny around eternally? Sorry, being negative only or complaining when comp is already starting in a few days is not what I understand as constructive input. No one here stopped you from giving feedback 16 weeks ago or even later to discuss this

P.S. We still have the rounds coming up, if you or others have realistic and decent proposals for round 2-5, you can still make proposals here

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=160802&page=5

But honestly, Mr.Paco already invested lots of time and energy into the concept, why did you or others not give input before that you want certain stage for example with hardware included? It was an open thread, and I am sure there could have been made adjustments at one otr two rounds

Edited by websmile

websmile

I'm not complaining I write my thoughts. I first time see that was a discussion about future stages, but it is my mistake. I'm not often read forum due to my not good knowledge of english. (So sorry for possible mistakes). What I would to write I had written. May be it helps in new competitions.

And that's one of the biggest reason why so many feel that 775/771 is not old school. It covered such a wide time span that the later stuff should not yet be considered old school. But early 775/771 stuff is. As for quadro cards, that's probably not old school to anyone.

Remember that quadro card everyone had years back? I sure don't.

Still a neet and thoughtful contest even if it's not old school.

Quadro has been around since 1999 you dolt. How is that not old school? Because it's a workstation card? You have no intention of playing anyway so why not just STFU.

Everyone complaining about what hardware is to be used just like last year it was 478/479 was the focus of complaints this year 771 Quadro.

The stages were proposed and accepted a few months ago in a thread on here no one was complaining then.

If you are going to compete then compete.

I am sure there will be plenty of competitors and if you dont like it put your hand up after its finished and propose the stages you want for next year.

No matter who proposes what for these competitions its not gong to please everybody so either compete in it or find something else to compete in.

Old =/= old school

You leave that man alone, and come back and see us when you know what the **** you're talking about.

You're doing nothing in this thread but inciting other haters. Your last post here should have been post #28.

You're clearly not interested and self admittedly not playing or buying anything to play, so just STFU and check out man. No more trolling, because that's all it is, plain and simple.

Edit:

Ironically I had a few people contact me thanking me for posting what I have.

Take them with you.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Old =/= old school

Ether way in not really complaining, just stating my honest opinion. I just don't find this contest old school or even all that old. Cool contest ether way. Wish I had the hardware to join.

Edit:

Ironically I had a few people contact me thanking me for posting what I have.

bahaha, even if you had the hardware, you'd have 2 chances of doing any productive with it, mine and buckleys, all you insight on here and where ever you go from day dot is trolling and being a niusance to all concerned, when are you gunna grow up, act your age and not your shoe size , be a productive member here and elsewhere and contribute properly instead of being a bunnying pain in the arse to everyone you come in contact with, (and youve done it to many, me included) and at a good guess thats how you roll in real life too

Edited by ozzie