HWBOT Community Forums

Maximus IX Apex Overclocking Thread

OEMPreinstall or Floppy support missing. It's in the guide for Maximus VIII.

Cheers.

I thought I had a clean iso.

Seems I haven't

I am trying to work that out in nlite.

But not getting it at the moment.

How do I check the both above mentioned options in nlite ?

Edit: worked it out.

Floppy is there.

it is the oem preinstall.

Making a new iso now ^^

I am such a noob

Edit 2;

Got it working.

Cheers bro!

Edited by 5erveD
edit

Hi, i want too ask you for my issue with this famous but bugfed MB. Every second or third restart cause issue when power buton doesnr react, so i have to turn off psu and wait until leds blackout, after this, mb run. Also iam using safeboot instead of reset, because it has no efect and is way faster than holding power.. is it right move? :) - iam stucking on A6, 63, 64 really often, but i think its nor memory, true?

Edited by PKBO

If you are using turbovcore for adjustments, it can cause issues on reboot, especially if adjusting bclk. Sometimes takes a hard reset to recover bios to boot again. That's what I found anyway.

I only make small adjustments in software now and no problems.

And I still haven't been able to get XP installed :( So sad

Been following the guide but keep losing the mouse and keyboard in the gui section of install2. If I enable xhci in bios, mouse/kbd loss occurs part way through the setup 1 process.

I know that I've got to be missing something...seems like most others got it working. :/

And I still haven't been able to get XP installed :( So sad

Been following the guide but keep losing the mouse and keyboard in the gui section of install2. If I enable xhci in bios, mouse/kbd loss occurs part way through the setup 1 process.

I know that I've got to be missing something...seems like most others got it working. :/

what do you have the mouse and keyboard plugged into? I dont remember seeing usb emulation in the bios, so if it doesnt have that you would need to use ps/2 mouse and keyboard or I have been using a pcie usb 2.0 card which works great, I found for $6 on amazon. Or maybe you can load the asmedia 3.0 port during the F6 and have 1 working usb during install or get a usb hub, I saw the option to load asmedia driver during the first step, didnt try it though because have pcie card.

Or if there is usb emulation, it has to be enabled and using the correct usb ports. will check for emulation when I get home. But your issue is normal, just have to work around it.

I'm a dingdong :( After days of nothing but fails, decided to check the actual ssd. Turns out it was still set as part of a raid array :/

Re-initialized the drive and got Barbonet's image working first shot (thanks B!). Keyboard and mouse work on any usb ports (very helpful as I can't seem to locate my usb2 card nor ps2 y-cable), no go on a usb thumbdrive . Works for me, os life is good. :)

Thanks for making me think ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a dingdong :( After days of nothing but fails, decided to check the actual ssd. Turns out it was still set as part of a raid array :/

Re-initialized the drive and got Barbonet's image working first shot (thanks B!). Keyboard and mouse work on any usb ports (very helpful as I can't seem to locate my usb2 card nor ps2 y-cable), no go on a usb thumbdrive . Works for me, os life is good. :)

Thanks for making me think ;)

just so you know, you dont need the ps2 y cable for this board. Ps2 keyboard and mouse work perfectly in any os on there own ports, really nice feature.

Hazzan, me, HexaTekno crew make little tutorial for XTU WR Memory settings before other overtake it. This is the video hopefully usefull for memory timing settings on Apex (and Z270/Z170 ROG basically).

youtu.be/D4lLkdaidB8

nice video , i tried it but got cb after -145 . the best i could was 6.1ghz on -130.

without ht i managed to get 6.5ghz for pifast, aquamark and 3dmark 05/06

with dice i managed to go up to 5.9 for xtu , is it something i'm doing wrong or unsuccessful cpu ?

edit: my bios is 0801

Edited by shar00750

Anyone seen this error and have a fix?

Trying to install Turbo Vcore on Apex/W10 64Bit

screen004_zps1w3yghrz.jpg

That used to happen to me a couple times, I thought I read somewhere my ssd was bad, so I changed ssd and it didnt happen, but then I used the other ssd again and it stopped happening.

Did you install rog connect first? from now on I always install turbo vcore first and it has never happened again.

same drive, turbo vcore was installed first.

i know it's annoying but try a different drive, that what I did the first time it happened and the new drive worked, but the wierd thing is later the bad drive worked again, so not sure if it's the drive, just saying what I ended up doing, and it never happened again.

After turning it off and it was running fine, then on booting my CPU is set at the lowest multiplier 8X I have tried 3 different CPU's I have 4 SSD's with different OS's on them it does it on all of them, I have flashed the BIOS and installed a different MEI driver.

Nothing I have done will fix it, the only way to stop it doing this is to set the CPU to ignore temperature monitoring.

Using water cooling never been insulated no water leaks.

After turning it off and it was running fine, then on booting my CPU is set at the lowest multiplier 8X I have tried 3 different CPU's I have 4 SSD's with different OS's on them it does it on all of them, I have flashed the BIOS and installed a different MEI driver.

Nothing I have done will fix it, the only way to stop it doing this is to set the CPU to ignore temperature monitoring.

Using water cooling never been insulated no water leaks.

Is there a slow mode switch you may have moved by accident?