HWBOT Community Forums

The Official GIGABYTE April Extreme Clocking 2017 thread

Lucky_n00b

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooo - the score will be revealed as soon as the wallpaper goes online :)

Ah I see. Any ETA when that will be man? :D

(I thought it would be today at 12:00 UTC)

update: I see the target is already revealed, so just waiting for wallpaper then ;)

Edited by Lucky_n00b

No restrictions on which Gigabyte or Aorus board is used, only es, unreleased hardware and LN2 prototypes are forbidden

Got similar question,

I saw "Open to all GIGABYTE motherboards, except for Intel HEDT (High-End Desktop Platform) CPUs" on the OC-eSports annoucement page: OC eSports

But on the stage limitation, there was no rule stating X99/HEDT is allowed or not. So what's the official ruling for this? Will X99/X79 be allowed or not?

Cheers,

(IMHO, I don't mind using any xtu-capable platform, since it's target score after all)

• Administrators

Hmm, when Gigabyte wants no HEDT we have to respect this, I am not sure why it was not added to the rules like on March madness, I thought it was not ruled out. Then I have to ovrrule my lasz post, hedt is not allowed

so the first thing is to submit earlier then others. then I get the chance to bench tomorrow and even if I do similar scores as top 3 I will still get lower points ? whats the logic in this ? or I not understand the rules ?

If I understand it right, the scores is based on the delta(difference) between the 'XTU target' and your score, the smaller the difference the higher position you get.

Of course, there will be same scores from all other overclocker, so you have to submit first or you lose ranking (since if there's same score, the one getting most points is the one who submit it earlier).

So in principle, you wanted to score really close with target and submit it really fast when the stage is opened.

If I understand it right, the scores is based on the delta(difference) between the 'XTU target' and your score, the smaller the difference the higher position you get.

Of course, there will be same scores from all other overclocker, so you have to submit first or you lose ranking (since if there's same score, the one getting most points is the one who submit it earlier).

So in principle, you wanted to score really close with target and submit it really fast when the stage is opened.

well yes i understand the same way but it is not so good...

That's a bit poop. Board isn't supposed to arrive until tomorrow :(

Guest Bullant

I tried for one hour then give up lol,seen plenty 1519 and 1521 but no 1520,I notice running 4 core and no ht it was very consistent for me,it ran 1521 x5 in a row

I would just like to know if 1520 is actually possible?

Because if it is not, then is it fair that it is being used as a target score, if nobody can then achieve it?

As that would mean that no one has a chance to get the top points for the stage, other than the person who already has the next closest score, due to the target score being unattainable.

Edited by tknight