OC Tool :

• Check GODLIKE section

Tuto OC :

• Check GODLIKE section
Edited by Wizerty
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

What about the Z490I Unify?

Maybe it's for Z490I Unify ? I need to double check, just saw it with "Unify" in name but you are probably right.

I will fix it, Thanks

Edited by Wizerty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@unityofsaints Found a core PLL offset under "overclocking performance menu" in the bios, it's a hidden menu by default, but theoretically should be unlockable,
that menu is basically in every modern intel based mobo.
Guess it's some kind of menu imposed by intel, i'm not sure if those plls would even work but might be worth a shot 

PLL.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cancerogeno said:

@unityofsaints Found a core PLL offset under "overclocking performance menu" in the bios, it's a hidden menu by default, but theoretically should be unlockable,
that menu is basically in every modern intel based mobo.
Guess it's some kind of menu imposed by intel, i'm not sure if those plls would even work but might be worth a shot 

PLL.png

These are already in the Bios.   No need to unlock them.  It's also HIGHLY questionable if the AMI versions are even linked to anything.

I remember setting CPU PLL Voltage Offset on my MSI GT73VR to something like +600mv through the unlocked AMI Menus and it didn't do a thing. And I have no idea if this was supposed to be "CPU PLL Overvoltage" or CPU PLL Voltage".  But the AMI help text looks almost identical to the Gigabyte version of "CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv".

Asrock bios seems to mention that all these "Overvoltage +mv" rails start at 0.9v".  I think Elmor said something about all of these "overvoltage" rails being clipped from the CPU PLL voltage.

On my Z390 Gigabyte, going higher than +105mv on CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv on air cooling would just cause a clock watchdog timeout.

MSI calls them "SFR Voltage".  Gigabyte calls them "xxx rail PLL Overvoltage +mv".  So they're already there.

I think what you may be looking for is "CPU Internal PLL Voltage", which while I don't understand any of this subzero stuff, I think this rail feeds the other rails.

On Z390, CPU Internal PLL Voltage (CPU PLL Voltage) and CPU PLL OC Voltage needed to be at least +150mv apart.  Seems like CPU PLL voltage is gone from all boards except Gigabyte Z490 (Where it's still there).  CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv is called something else on Asus, and everyone calls it something different.  

I don't think Asus or MSI have this setting anymore.  Shamino said it's not needed.  Maybe it's fed by another rail.

CPU PLL OC Voltage (Asus=PLL Bandwidth, Gigabyte VCC PLL OC Voltage) is needed.

Edited by Falkentyne
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 9:36 PM, sabishiihito said:

That's the main drawback when doing memory OC :(

On 7/8/2020 at 6:36 PM, unityofsaints said:

I forgot to mention / notice earlier that VTT also doesn't seem to exist in BIOS ?

Possible to mod bios to support VTT DDR/termination voltage?

On 9/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, technikswd said:

MSI Unify Board: Boot with 1T Command Rate is impossible above 3200 Ram Takt ?

Any Chance Using Ram Settings +4500 with 1T like Apex XII?

3200 with SR or DR?

Apex 12 4500 1T with Dual possible?

The latency issue at least for DR dimms lies in RTL IO-L I believe.

At 3600/3800 you should be able to run 6/6/6/6 or 7/7/7/7 but currently board is freaking out if set lower than 8 and having a mind of it's own and loosening them up to 9/10 if you attempt to do so. This is my findings on B die 2x16gb. your results may differ on diff IC and density.

1T is not happy on DR but usually not a realistic goal DR.

Included a screen to show the state of latency currently. 32gb not 16gb........

EDIT FOR A BUG REPORT ( Opening dragonball z or whatever app even if you close it completely and then open AIDA and run cache/memory = a result of 0/0/0/0 across the board )

latency 2.jpg

Edited by chew*

So is there only 1 XOC bios for the ATX version of unify?
I only managed to achieve 4200c16 with 4 sticks of t-force 4500 mem with very high voltages, though 2 sticks can run 4700c19 and higher, even for the daisy chain the difference is too high.
Also 1t doesn't work even on 3700mhz with any timings. Being pretty upset with this mobo. Could've buy z490 elite.

I think I should swap 4 single to 2 dual dimms.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, hansglans said:

Getting much better latencies on 4000MHz.UW2JRRS.png

And yes, CR1 is not possible below 16-20-20-42, freq almost doesnt matter.

Yah 2x8 can pull in a lot easier. IO-L with 2x16gb 8 is the lowest that will post. For reference sake my asrock z390 9900k with 4x8gb bdie and only 3600 c15 can pull 37ns. It should not be that hard or need that much power to get latency down. 3800 is even worse in the 45ns range. 2000 gets me into mid 41ns

Edited by chew*

On 9/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, technikswd said:

1T ist NOT POSSIBLE actually at MSI Z490 Boards with Ram Speed above +3600 !, the Bios need a Fix for using 1T.

I'm sure they may have a problem and with single rank diims one could expect 1T CR to scale above 3600 but my expectations are realistic and I would not expect to be able to pull 3600 1T CR or even higher with a 2x16b DR configuration so just speaking on behalf of 2X16gb the only abnormality I'm experiencing is lower than expected latency performance.

Clocks/timings are about what I expected for 2x16gb bdie. I'm not expecting $500 apex results out of a board that retails between $240-270 USD Just better than average memory oc's which when compared to say the Asus z490 itx it's doing better than average vs the ASUS with 2x16gb.

Just the latency is annoying as is the lack of vtt volts/sensors for an allegedly tuned to OC memory board. Well that and the useless VRM fan that stole potential USB port space and poor passively cooled performance requiring you to at least get some airflow over m2 SSD/Southbridge at the very least and lastly the power reset location.

Literally other than that the board works great. It's recovery from failed overclocks is nothing short of amazing ( I've yet to need clr cmos for anything )

I think the only other thing I found somewhat annoying was the inability to "unlink" fan control. Like say one fans quiet even at max as its a low rpm. I want to run that full speed I can't unless all run full speed. It applies to all or none unless you set custom profile for each.

Edited by chew*

Thought I might add that I was wrong. The board does not have a wall at 2000 with 2x16gb bdie. It has a bug artificially limiting it if you set vccio vccsa or vddr manually.

2 examples and be warned around 4500 the auto vccio/vccsa gets excessive. Excuse the crappy timings but since you can't set vddr vccio or vccsa manually or it won't post I only set the 3 primaries to just test what speeds it could possibly boot. Limited to 1.35 vddr I did not have much choice ;) 

You will only want to set desired memory speed. 3 primaries. turn lucky mode on if you would like to test this yourself. Do not touch anything else.

4600 was max I could get into windows. 4633 tried to bork my OS but I got past bios. YRMV.

Unify I 4400 memory.jpg

Unify I 4600 memory.jpg

Edited by chew*

On 9/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, technikswd said:

str8_an94baller

using 1T Command Rate is no possible at this moment with MSI Z490 ☹️

I sent a message to the "Toppc Lin" (MSI) about this and replied that he would look at this.

How did you contact Toppc Lin? I really hope they are working on this and I'd like to bring as much attention to it as possible.

• Thanks 1