HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are going to be the death of me... I now have to go hunting for the 10K Text Edit tweak and figure out how to get 60K out of transparent windows... :)

One question though: I keep seeing this FMPad being mentioned, but all searches I do for the term lead me to virus/security warnings on fmpad.exe. What am I missing here?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ K404 and others having issues getting IE9 to install on Win7... This is how I got around those problems (I had them too).

1. Start from a Clean ISO of Win7.

2. Download these files

---- windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (That's SP1 update for 64 Bit) / windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (That's SP1 update for 32 Bit)

----- Linky: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5842

---- IE9-win7.msu

----- Linkies: X86: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=210145 - X64: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=210143

3. Download and install RTSevenLite.

NOTES:

- You need to get the Beta 2.6.0 version of the program. It is the only one that supports SP1 slipstreaming.

- You will need to download and install WAIK before installing the RT7 software.

4. Once all the required programs are installed

- Run RT7Lite

- Load the clean W7 ISO into it.

- Select the SP1 update file (KB976932).

- Don't do any stripping of the OS.

- Let RT7 slipstream SP1 into the ISO and create a new ISO. Save that new ISO to HDD. Close RT7

- Open RT7 and load the new ISO (with SP1) into it.

- Go to the "Load Updates" section and add the IE9.win7.msu file to the update path.

- Let RT7 load the update and create a new ISO.

The reason I do two separate steps (one for SP1 and one for IE9) is that after a number of failed attempts at doing both on the same process I just gave up and decided to do them one by one. The IE9 slipstream tends to fail if you do it with any other files being slipstreamed on the same batch.

You now have a clean ISO with SP1 and IE9 that you can then strip to your heart's content and not worry about not being able to install IE9 to it.

Yes; it takes a bit of work in the beginning, but once you have that clean ISO with the updates added to it; you don't have to repeat the process ever again... You just load that ISO into whatever stripping SW you use (RT7, Vlite, etc) and remove as much as you want from it.

Edited by xXSebaSXx

You guys are going to be the death of me... I now have to go hunting for the 10K Text Edit tweak and figure out how to get 60K out of transparent windows... :)

@ K404 and others having issues getting IE9 to install on Win7... This is how I got around those problems (I had them too).

1. Start from a Clean ISO of Win7.

2. Download these files

---- windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (That's SP1 update for 64 Bit) / windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (That's SP1 update for 32 Bit)

----- Linky: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5842

---- IE9-win7.msu

----- Linkies: X86: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=210145 - X64: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=210143

3. Download and install RTSevenLite.

NOTES:

- You need to get the Beta 2.6.0 version of the program. It is the only one that supports SP1 slipstreaming.

- You will need to download and install WAIK before installing the RT7 software.

4. Once all the required programs are installed

- Run RT7Lite

- Load the clean W7 ISO into it.

- Select the SP1 update file (KB976932).

- Don't do any stripping of the OS.

- Let RT7 slipstream SP1 into the ISO and create a new ISO. Save that new ISO to HDD. Close RT7

- Open RT7 and load the new ISO (with SP1) into it.

- Go to the "Load Updates" section and add the IE9.win7.msu file to the update path.

- Let RT7 load the update and create a new ISO.

The reason I do two separate steps (one for SP1 and one for IE9) is that after a number of failed attempts at doing both on the same process I just gave up and decided to do them one by one. The IE9 slipstream tends to fail if you do it with any other files being slipstreamed on the same batch.

You now have a clean ISO with SP1 and IE9 that you can then strip to your heart's content and not worry about not being able to install IE9 to it.

Yes; it takes a bit of work in the beginning, but once you have that clean ISO with the updates added to it; you don't have to repeat the process ever again... You just load that ISO into whatever stripping SW you use (RT7, Vlite, etc) and remove as much as you want from it.

uhmm, just for ask. Do you have a job? :lol:

uhmm, just for ask. Do you have a job? :lol:

I wish I had a full time job at the moment... :D For now; I just teach math to kids/teenagers so their parents can send them off to good colleges.

Thanks for the effort bro! I will try this sometime :D

No problem. It's well worth the time investment (It took me about two hours to get the whole thing done) but now I have a clean Win7 ISO with everything one needs to bench PCM05 in it and all I have to do is mess with different strips to see what works and what doesn't. :D

Yes, its finding tweaks for our team. He works from our basement, we give him food and water daily, and let him outside once a week.

Speaking of which... It's time for my weekly sponge bath bossman... :D And this time I expect you to get those "hard to reach spots"... :P