HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the wrapper makes it so that the bench is ran 100% legit and new scores don't come close to the scores that we are seeing, what does that say?

If these recent scores are legit, then they should be able to be duplicated or at the very least, come very close.

Perhaps not the least controversial idea here, but ...

... everyone who loves the PCMark05 benchmark because of all the tweaking should consider making the tweaks public. When everyone knows the tweaks, people get interested again and will start benching again. Now, with undisclosed tweaks, a first attempt is like 75% lower than the top score. And because all this tweaking requires quite a bit of software knowhow it's very discouraging.

I know it . I just made a run to show that audio is not an issue for validation .

I haven't done ANYTHING about transparent , general usage and memory .

Cpu is at only 4500Mhz . I'm also still with Iexplorer . No chrome or anything else .

One of these days i'll prepare a new OS and play at 6+Ghz ...

Perhaps not the least controversial idea here, but ...

... everyone who loves the PCMark05 benchmark because of all the tweaking should consider making the tweaks public. When everyone knows the tweaks, people get interested again and will start benching again. Now, with undisclosed tweaks, a first attempt is like 75% lower than the top score. And because all this tweaking requires quite a bit of software knowhow it's very discouraging.

+1 to this.

I used to think that I knew how to tweak PCM05... And then the "real tweakers" came out and put me back in the corner. I have spent hundreds of hours (not an exaggeration) trying to figure out just one of the tweaks (TE) and have not even managed to get it to budge. This whole tweaking is fun and I really like PCM05 a lot (bugged and meaningless as it is as of now), but there comes a time when one gets tired of banging one's head against the wall and not making it through to the other side.

With chrome its easy to get about 300+...but changing browser not allowed;)

But with audio comp still not shure...allowed when its validated, i dont know...

Not sure why changing browsers will boost WPR since we both know what the |super|tweak does.

Heck, browser change not allowed? ieframe hack time =))