HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2012 Thread

Booj

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people have gotten the error 55 on the z77a-gd65?

I have 2 boards which has this now, and it seems to be because of the BIOS 10.5B3. Maybe someone knows more about this?

55 can happen too if you have a hard reset with temps too cold if you freeze in OS or bsod..

Alright, posting this here because it's relevant to both EMEA and APAC qualifier.

!! AfterBurner Extreme for 7970 Lightning !!

Okay, as you all know, it's not that easy for MSI to just hand out fully unlocked versions of Afterburner to any user. Why? Warranty issues, obviously. You don't want a noob shooting 2V through their card and then RMA it 'because it stopped working'. For the MOA participants, who we assume are familiar with the badassness that is LN2, things are a little different. Usually, they know the risks of extreme overclocking and how to keep everything as safe as possible.

So, for the people who want to use their 7970 Lightning in the MOA qualifiers MSI will be providing Afterburner Extreme software. There are a couple of rules, though. Please make sure you've read through all of them before applying!!

THE RULES

A. Application period:

- EMEA Qualifier : From today to June 5 (Only open for EMEA region OCer)

- APAC Qualifer: June 15-June 22 (Only open for APAC region OCer)

B. Application procedure:

- Overclocker must send the request to HWBOT (pieter@hwbot.org) and get the NDA contract form.

- Overclocker must prepare the content including:

--- signed NDA contract

--- picture of the sticker of your R7970 Lightning (ie: proving you have a 7970 lightning)

--- the link for their overclocking photo with LN2 (ie: proving you've done LN2 before)

- The process for tool building takes at least 2 work days

C. Application notes:

- The Afterburner tool will expire when the competition is over (EMEA : 6/15, APAC: 7/20)

- All the Afterburner extreme will shows the user’s name on the Afterburner interface.

- The Afterburner Extreme user is prohibited to share or leak to other user.

- User must understand there is risk for using the Afterburner Extreme and MSI will NOT provide warranty for overclocking damage

- If there is found a user leak or share the Afterburner extreme, the user will be forever disqualified from MSI’s OC event in the future. And also be disqualified for enter the MOA2012 Grand Final

- If the user been disqualified to MOA2012 Grand Final. The next winner will take the ticket to MOA 2012 Grand Final.

- For the complete rule please refer to the NDA contract. Thanks!

D. Application package:

- Afterburner Extreme

- Special BIOS for R7970 Lightning

MASSMAN'S NOTES

So, just to make everything clear: during application period, MOA participants can request a version of the Afterburner Extreme + the OC bios for the 7970 Lightning. Outside the application period, I can't help you anymore and you'll have to go through your local office to request a version. The rules for the application are very clear: share and you're dead. If you don't agree, no problem ... don't request a software version then. If you kill your card, for the love of OC don't sent it back to RMA.

Thumbs up!

Just a reminder that today is the last day EMEA MOA participants can request the Afterburner Extreme version. After today, I will no longer be able to help out!

How many people have gotten the error 55 on the z77a-gd65?

I have 2 boards which has this now, and it seems to be because of the BIOS 10.5B3. Maybe someone knows more about this?

I had same problem with my board. Used same 10.5b bios..

I didnt have any water/ice on mem slots since i had hairdryer blowin them whole session, checked that asap when 55 code came.

Didnt even have hard reset, just booted with safe settings to go into bios put some more juice and then board never booted past 55 code. (So was never able to put even more clock/volts)

Tryed already two ivys and both is alive and gave same 55 code. Then changed 2500k on it and it gave me first 55 code, then 20code and then it started just bootloop without any codes.

Now i RMA'd board fev days ago since i didnt find any solution to fix that.

Can u check do ur mobos give only 0.4volts to memslots? For me it did so thats the reason why not booting, just need to figure WHY it only give 0,4volts.

Thanks, yes the volt output on our boards is like yours, we didnt have any condense or water any where, the forste board did it allready after 5 minutes :( i Know lots off other people having same problem, its just that many people never say when there hw dies on them :) i know that another 5 boards have done the same. with the same error. We continiud playing with an asus board, and finished using our ln2 on that. It was stabil for over 5 hours, no error nothing.

I had same problem with my board. Used same 10.5b bios..

I didnt have any water/ice on mem slots since i had hairdryer blowin them whole session, checked that asap when 55 code came.

Didnt even have hard reset, just booted with safe settings to go into bios put some more juice and then board never booted past 55 code. (So was never able to put even more clock/volts)

Tryed already two ivys and both is alive and gave same 55 code. Then changed 2500k on it and it gave me first 55 code, then 20code and then it started just bootloop without any codes.

Now i RMA'd board fev days ago since i didnt find any solution to fix that.

Can u check do ur mobos give only 0.4volts to memslots? For me it did so thats the reason why not booting, just need to figure WHY it only give 0,4volts.

Edited by vanovich

My intention with this thread is to try and find out why or what couses it to come with that error. For me it was a short experiance trying to participate in this contest. and an expensive one. lol I didnt even get to bench 3d marks. But the problem could be something with that biose!

Thats what im trying too and i think msi is working on it too :)

Did u have any backup flash while getting overclockin failed (Mine did flash back original bios when i set too tight ram timing fev times)

If that could somehow get bios stuck etc.

I bought all parts too and it was kinda expensive, atleast i was able to test lightning too. But board died before i started run full tests -.-

And now im kinda pissed since i RMA'd board and company where i bought it is whining about dirt on motherboard wich have nothing to do with this problem :D