HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2012 Thread

Booj

• Crew

not sure if this is posted elsewhere, excuse if it is, just saw this on Australian website

-----------------

Update for the Grand Final:

Total 16 teams: 3 from America's, 5 from EMEA and 4 from APAC, presumably another 1 from each region through the Lords of Overclocking contest.. That leaves one place TBD.

Confirmed Date for Grand Final: September 28.

Focused product: X79 for MB, VGA:TBD

Interesting choice going with X79.. That would point to a 3Dmark11 stage for VGA. Presumably the CPU benchmark/s will have a multi limitation so massive CPU clocks are a moot point.

Cold bugging will be interesting. Last year no torches were allowed (venue requirement) so a big powerful hairdryer would be needed in that case.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed Lab501 didn't enter the EMEA qualifier?

I already went crying to Monstru about this, he then lifted me up and padded me on the back stating 'stay calm, we will go, its ok, dont cry'

Thats pretty much how it went down :P:

I'd vote for Sam. That'd be AMAZING!

Team X: Disqualified. Reason? Running 3DMark11.

But this is a 3DMark11 competition!

Team X: Banned for one year. Reason? Arguing with judge.

Edited by K404

• 3 weeks later...
For those who are waiting for the last three MOA tickets to be spread through the Futuremark LOC competitions, here's some rumours:

- July 27 until August 23

- mixed regions

- 3 tickets

All news will be official on July 20 :)

cool thanks MM,

Mixed regions, same as last year? or is there a switch up to add some excitement?

For those who are waiting for the last three MOA tickets to be spread through the Futuremark LOC competitions, here's some rumours:

- July 27 until August 23

- mixed regions

- 3 tickets

All news will be official on July 20 :)

Mixed Regions, ouch! This is going to be bloody :D :D

Anyway, what's the challenge this year I wonder? Could it be something like 3DMark11 Multi-GPU all-out? It's really interesting to see multi-GPU setups like LOC 2010 ;)

cool thanks MM,

Mixed regions, same as last year? or is there a switch up to add some excitement?

Uhm, maybe I should say "unmixed" regions in that case. Let's just say there are three more tickets for EMEA this year :D

(j/k)

Mixed Regions, ouch! This is going to be bloody :D :D

Anyway, what's the challenge this year I wonder? Could it be something like 3DMark11 Multi-GPU all-out? It's really interesting to see multi-GPU setups like LOC 2010 ;)

I asked if it was single GPU and they did not want to comment on that ... given the XPower II was their first official 4-Way board, who knows :P