HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2012 Thread

Booj

Agree... Competition made for professional OCers (or very rich guys). Totally unfair.

MSI wants world records broken at their event. they do not want 15 minute spi32M or AIWHDs running.

Plus limiting the entries to the hardware that will be benched (highend) at the actual event for another reason. Experience. They want clockers that are familiar with p67/x79/maybe even z77 and they want people familiar with high end GPUs.

I wouldnt want to dole out 10 ferraris to a bunch of people that only have experience with go-karts. They wont know what they are doing will break stuff and then badmouth my ferraris.

so while I also feel slighted at not being able to compete, and my participation of late has been lacking for a lot of the same reasons (financial issues), I can completely understand why they have those HW requirments.

I still dont understand the skewed point system though lol

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The info in the first post is correct.

I think the PR might have been a little ambiguous. It says there's no limitation on the model of the mainboard/vga, but there is one on the brand of mainboard/vga.

hahahahahaha.....OMG......got it, and I thought wow...MSI is breaking its trend, :D....But I guess this is to be expected.....

By the way, I was told (not by MSI) that the live final will feature 15 overclocking teams. Since 3+5+4 will come from HWBOT, that means there will be three tickets available through 'another way'.

I assume you guys are bright enough to figure out how ...

FYI, just a rumour ... this is not at all confirmed by MSI.

We will have hard competition and hard work to go to finals...

There are lots of great OCCkers in North America + few good Overclockers in South America.

Thanks to MSI to give us this amazing competition...

We can not forget we have no GOOC and no more information about another great overclocking competitions around the world...

At least we still have the best one.

I hope to be at the MOA finals either as a competitor or as a "reporter/spectator". Of course my preference would be to compete since that would be a lot more fun.

If all else fails I'll be taking "option 3" or checking the couch for airfare money. :D

This should be a good challenge and highly focused on getting good GPU scores.

We will have hard competition and hard work to go to finals...

There are lots of great OCCkers in North America + few good Overclockers in South America.

Thanks to MSI to give us this amazing competition...

We can not forget we have no GOOC and no more information about another great overclocking competitions around the world...

At least we still have the best one.

You have good options there as well as nacho and e-killer, since IB isn't allowed on the competition this make it more interesting since all components would be very similar.

hmm..was just thinking of this contest.

So the prizes will be ticket to TW only.

While probably some month later, LOC will have the usual cash prizes + ticket to TW too?

funny. Who dares to skip regional contest, and fully focus on LOC :)