HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy Bridge 3570K/3770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

I have a question for you guys... What settings are you changing in BIOS to bin chips?

On my L204B321, the only settings I changed were dram voltage and vcore for 6.3. Everything else was left on auto... I tried changing other settings, but it seemed to make no difference on my chip for max cpuz.

Are you guys changing anything other than vcore when testing for max cpuz?

Great volts!

I use

1.25vCCSA

1.25vCCIO

1.7vPLL

• Crew
Vivi I have a 6.9ghz chip you can have just pm

Made you flinch

oooooh you got me LOL.

taste of my own medicine!

Has anyone tested a cpu that does below 1.3v for 5ghz and NOT reach 6.5 - 6.6+

Has anyone tested a cpu that does below 1.3v for 5ghz and NOT reach 6.5 - 6.6+

Yes, L221A997 50x100 @ 1.3v and 6450 @ 1.89 4c4t to much heat when trying to going higher. with some fine tuning _maybe_ 50 to 100 mhz more but not worth the effort

• Crew
Yes, L221A997 50x100 @ 1.3v and 6450 @ 1.89 4c4t to much heat when trying to going higher. with some fine tuning _maybe_ 50 to 100 mhz more but not worth the effort

damn i wanted to get excited when i got 1.3v 5ghz air chip :<

I use

1.25vCCSA

1.25vCCIO

1.7vPLL

Thank you. I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing, but will try that as well to see if it makes any difference.

I found LN2 mode on MVG or not, I have the same clocks on my L204B321 (6.3GHz). LN2 mode increases the "auto" voltages on various things, so I've run non-LN2 mode to take it easy on the chip. I haven't messed with memory settings much to see if the other voltages would help memory speeds, but for core frequency alone, the only thing that made any difference for me was vcore.

I had one - shit

L221a971

#1 : Pass 32m 4core with HT @ 1.4 - no Different 4-4 or 2-2

#2 : fail :D

#3 : fail again

#4 : Pass 32m 4core with HT @ 1.39 - no diffrent 4-4 or 2-2 core

Last One : Pass 32m 4Core with HT @ 1.38 - and on 2-2 Core can done 32m on @ 1.34

Mb > UD3H

Edited by G81

This was 3218B958:

CBB at -105C, coldbug at -117C.

First tried the exact profile which worked fine for my 6.3GHz L204B321, then did the following trying to eliminate cold bug.

Tried 1.25V VCCSA and VCCIO, 1.6V to 1.7V core, 107.5-112.2MHz bclk, 2c/2t-4c/8t, high ram freq (2700) to low freq (2100). Tried keeping it loaded with sp32m, tried ucbench, wprime, nothing has any difference on when the CB hits.

Best I saw on the chip was 6.1GHz+, at 1.7V -105C... So it isn't a bad chip, probably even a pretty solid DICE chip, but the cold limit puts a major damper on things.

Only ran it for about an hour. Gonna try 3218B957 tomorrow, hoping for better luck.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Do you guys see any difference in Pastes with these CPU's?

i mean ofcourse GTX 580 requires awesome paste, but how about these CPUs? what is your take

I like Gelid for everything, people say its expensive but you dont really use that much on the processor...

I.M.O.G. Didnt you have a strange low CB chip before too? sure its not your board?

I.M.O.G. Didnt you have a strange low CB chip before too? sure its not your board?

I had 3 with low cold bugs, couldn't believe it so I then bought a 2nd MVG, and found it was the 1st MVG that was causing the problem, and that my 3rd chip was a decent one (6.3GHz) and there was no coldbugging. My first 2 chips might have been fine too, but I sold each one to buy the next one and never got to test them on a good board.

So I have a known good MVG now, and a known good L204B321.

The 3218B958 yesterday coldbugged - either its the chip, or something went bad with my board/insulation. I'm going to test my next CPU (3218B957) today, and if it coldbugs as well... Then I'll put the L204B321 in and see if that still works without any problem.

3218c102 needs 1.35v to boot 5ghz 4c8t

First 3219B383 looks promising, 1.24v boot 5ghz LLC set to high

Hope it scales with cold, picking up juice right now then will test the other on air and get to work :)

Splavestar, can you please give heads up on IMC?

Just got myself a new chip today, will test it in 3 hrs... 3218C021, Costa Rica.

Back on the L204B321, cold bug a bit below -110C.

Another crippled Asus MVG... Ran great for about a month.

I don't think I even want to subject myself to Asus RMA process. I'll probably eat the $400 in crap boards and just get something that hopefully doesn't fail after a few weeks.

On the upside, hopefully one of these other chips I have here don't suck on whatever board I run next. Wasted 3 months now on Asus junk, and overall my Ivy Bridge experience has been nothing short of insanely frustrating as a result.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Back on the L204B321, cold bug a bit below -110C.

Another crippled Asus MVG... Ran great for about a month.

I don't think I even want to subject myself to Asus RMA process. I'll probably eat the $400 in crap boards and just get something that hopefully doesn't fail after a few weeks.

On the upside, hopefully one of these other chips I have here don't suck on whatever board I run next. Wasted 3 months now on Asus junk, and overall my Ivy Bridge experience has been nothing short of insanely frustrating as a result.

MVG has great effeciency, unfortunately they are quite fragile, and tend to eat processors for breakfast.

Finallllyyyyyyyy !!!! 5th chip, finally above average!!!

Batch;

3218C021

5ghz 1.304v 4/4 5ghz 32M (Not tried with HT enabled, yet.... Next step is 5.1ghz test...)

Not tested IMC yet, hope it isnt crap, one step at the time, one step at the time!

EDIT-1;

5100mhz 32M passed 1.41v

EDIT-2;

5200mhz 32M passed 1.5v (1.485v crashed in 23th loop, grr)

Jeeeeez forum is SLOW... MASSMAN you are IMPROVING your RUNNING times, PLEASE improve forum speed!

Edited by M.Beier

3218C01XX is MONSTER-BATCH!

Just found 3218C017 #1061 (bought tray)

5 GHZ @1.288V

5.1 GHZ @1.384V

5.2 GHZ @1.45V but getting too hot (app crash loop12@76°C...don't wanna fry this baby...)

I think 5 GHZ low voltage chips are running really good under LN2 almost always as long as you don't hit any MHZ-wall.

I have heard of this now a couple of times...

1.375V are still pretty good(!!!) 6.6GHZ @1.75V LN2 for such a chip...but very "wally" after that voltage on this certain example.

I have some same week chip with 1.45V here - as long as it scales I don't mind :D

Sweet :)

SoF, you ran all with 2C?