HWBOT Community Forums

MSI GTX 680 Lightning...its here

Hazzan

Have fun comparing then, mine's gone. You don't need to believe the biosses differ in efficiency, but I believe they do due to having no limits on the LN2 bios. 133MHz more or less ram, nor drivers will make up the difference in this example. IF there was no difference, my max clock in LN2 mode would be higher than the standard bios and not vice versa.

Edited by rsnubje

Have fun comparing then, mine's gone. You don't need to believe the biosses differ in efficiency, but I believe they do due to having no limits on the LN2 bios. 133MHz more or less ram, nor drivers will make up the difference in this example. IF there was no difference, my max clock in LN2 mode would be higher than the standard bios and not vice versa.

You are on air bios at 1321mhz in real, and on ln2 arround 1360mhz, so it´s normal have better score :)

When you use stock bios you have default 3d 1176mhz and you set +145, on total you have 1321mhz on 3d mode, on ln2 bios you have 1202mhz 3d mode (1000 on 2d mode), and you set +146 in total 1348mhz.

If you have the afterburner open during the benchmark, you can see, on the end, the clock you have run the benchmark :)

Sorry my bad inlgish! :P

the woman that sends it out is off for 2 days ;)

who authorized that leave! :D :D

Quick question. Has anyone else notice that if you set Core voltage to say +50 and gpu clock to say +50 and click save it applies fine. Then go change gpu clocks and then when you click save the core voltage drops! I'm not talking about the normal +50 drop to +43. It drops again from +43 on the next save and then again on the next save. Anyone have the same issue? or even better a fix!

@elmor nice run there dude but your comment does have me a little concerned, "proper voltage control" is there a light at the end of the tunnel for us or have I just blown a butt load of cash on hardware that will never be pushed to its full potential!

I see Elmor is using 2.2.2. I'm wondering if 2.2.3 would make a difference because 2.2.3 was, as far as I know, build a little more for the 680 lightning. But for now, the lightning still seems to be one of the best 680's around if you want decent voltage control. The Evga Classified with evbot seems ok too.

I see Elmor is using 2.2.2. I'm wondering if 2.2.3 would make a difference because 2.2.3 was, as far as I know, build a little more for the 680 lightning. But for now, the lightning still seems to be one of the best 680's around if you want decent voltage control. The Evga Classified with evbot seems ok too.

Voltage wasn't set with the Afterburner software only, but also using internal (read: nda secret) software tools. That's probably why he's refering to 'proper' voltage control.

Voltage wasn't set with the Afterburner software only, but also using internal (read: nda secret) software tools. That's probably why he's refering to 'proper' voltage control.

Ok, could be :) Tho 2.2.3 works pretty nice, but I didn't test it on ln2 ;) Whole different story ofcourse.

Waiting on 1500mhz ln2 bios with raised voltage you must boot cold -20c or so ;)

Insane score Elmor, can u share that BIOS please.

Thanks!

Check directly with MSI, I don't have permission to share it atm.

More like hardware tools actually. The voltage was controlled by accessing the vrm controller directly via i2c over usb and then using internal software from chil to send commands to it. But yeah, in the end it's not a viable option for end users.