HWBOT Community Forums

Why i not benching for hwbot?

slamms

Hello everyone,

My name is Vlad and i am extreme overclocker. I am benching on LN2 four last year. Overclocking it`s hobby for me and place in worldwide ranking is not important for me. If you know me, you must know than we are benching with Smoke two last year. And, probably, like all of life, in the history of my overclocking had ugly moments. Yes, I started with wrong way, but after 4 years, I understand that overclocking is a hobby, not ranking. At the moment, ranking of vendors! Yes, it happened, now I am also an employee one of a company, but today I want to turn to professional overclockers and say, let's be honest with each other.

Dear Mad222 and Dear John Lam,

You are showing perfect results for last months. And I understand how difficult it is, bench all day, to sort and find the best processors. And I am sure that you are the best of the best, and you've already well proven. But the situation with your results like my own a few years earlier. We bench with Smoke, and I understand that, to achieve world records need to use similar hardware. 3770K for Super Pi and HD7970 for 3D, but why posted similar results, I do not understand.

image_id_830205.pjpeg

image_id_830676.jpeg

I'm not talking about sharing and do not blame anyone. I just want to call overclockers to be a little more honest.

Friends, I'm sorry if I offended you with my words.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like same hardware but one is a shakedown run with no waza or maxmem, and the other is tuned for efficiency. Only a few screenshots taken between runs, same OS, everyone knows swapping CPUs in a timely fashion without condensation problems to boot is hard as ****.

I love these guys (Mad222 is my idol!) but exact same vcore, exact same CPU clock, same mem model and same mem clocks kinda look funny.

All that needs to be different is CPU right?

They probably have just run the OS/SSD on two different setups, I've done that before.

Edited by BeepBeep2

Why not give the (manufacturer) sponsorships to the guys with smaller pockets...

Really, the difference in skill is little IMO.

How guys become the "best overclockers" is a lot of binning, through time and money, or...connections. While I realize that sitting and binning a bunch of chips is "hard work" and by hard, I mean "boring and time consuming", those at the top either have lots of $$,$$$ or lots of people around them.

I'm sure a bunch of Romanians on Lab501 will swoop down on me for my comment now, for having insulted their ability as overclockers and 'cuz I haz no skillz...

Edited by BeepBeep2

Why not give the (manufacturer) sponsorships to the guys with smaller pockets...[.....]

Wrong thread for this. Im pretty sure what you're looking for is a warehouse job rather than a sponsorship.

I'm sure a bunch of Romanians on Lab501 will swoop down on me for my comment now, for having insulted their ability as overclockers and 'cuz I haz no skillz...

/insert usian joke/

Edited by GENiEBEN

Wrong thread for this. Im pretty sure what you're looking for is a warehouse job rather than a sposorhip.

/insert usian joke/

"k"

So is HKEPC at fault here or not?

As far as I understand it, they benched multiple days, John Lams was done the first day, and Mad222's the second, not sure if same CPU or not.

• Crew
Why not give the (manufacturer) sponsorships to the guys with smaller pockets...

Really, the difference in skill is little IMO.

How guys become the "best overclockers" is a lot of binning, through time and money, or...connections. While I realize that sitting and binning a bunch of chips is "hard work" and by hard, I mean "boring and time consuming", those at the top either have lots of $$,$$$ or lots of people around them.

yea man i should race for Mercedes not schumacher.

good point. I cant say much but i do think then when a group makes a WR a group submit should be done. I think what hwbot needs a group submit section so that way group member A,B and C can submit under team A if done in a group or with their respective profile if using a person gear. eg: person A's gear is used with B and C helping then person A should submit and vice vera.

pretty much what slamms said.

good point. I cant say much but i do think then when a group makes a WR a group submit should be done. I think what hwbot needs a group submit section so that way group member A,B and C can submit under team A if done in a group or with their respective profile if using a person gear. eg: person A's gear is used with B and C helping then person A should submit and vice vera.

pretty much what slamms said.

I like this idea... the result is shared but only receives 1x points... those points can then be divided between the three and they all receive credit.

I've honestly been waiting for something like this to pop up about Mad and John_Lam, this isn't the first time they have submitted really similar results, and even if they aren't sharing or doing anything wrong it would be bad for the community to not raise the right questions, when it would have come up in an instant if we were talking about 2 "regular" oc league benchers.

I like this idea... the result is shared but only receives 1x points... those points can then be divided between the three and they all receive credit.

it not will work. Hwbot it`s system with rankings and points. If system will be divided points it will be not interesting for users.