HWBOT Community Forums

Mark Certain Submissions Featured

It would be cool if we could mark 1-3 of our own submissions featured, then they would be highlighted on our user pages - like maybe in a box vertically placed between where our points are and the tabs below. While some submissions are worth a lot and they get noticed, other submissions may be worth very little, but were still very hard and we may still want to show them off.

If I were to think of my 3 favorite scores, I'd probably take the 8GHz result, the 7.74GHz sp32m (worthless, but highest frequency sp32m on record anywhere), and my global 4x UCBench record (also worthless).

Would only add one query to the user page, and seems easy to setup. Just thought it would be cool, so mentioning it - I'm sure others also have scores they feel are cool and would want to show off, even though they aren't worth much.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Interesting...

I see what you mean.

Like, I have the highest score for 3DMark03 and 2x HD 5770, not worth as many points as single card, but I got it because of my efficiency, not brute force and I am proud of it.

Other things though, I may have a cup for or something but I don't feel like it matters, because there are like...4 other results.

I wish HWBOT ranked results by efficiency too, not just "first one there"...like for CPU benches, if lowest CPU clock with tied score gets highest rank for ties?

Assigning points to an overclock is our attempt at deciding how hard it was to achieve it, but obviously it's not always perfect. In an ideal world I think it would be better to tweak the system so the overclocks you are most proud are your highest scoring submissions, but there are so many factors I think it's near impossible to make.

Where would those "featured" submissions be shown? Only in your profile? In your signature? On the team profile page too?

Where would those "featured" submissions be shown? Only in your profile? In your signature? On the team profile page too?

All those places would be good. I was thinking on the profile mainly, and signature did cross my mind as it already can do "best submission".

Team page would be good. There are already views in different places that show the newest or the best recent team submissions, but nothing for featured/favorite. If its a busy day for the team, lower scoring submissions are buried in both the newest/best recent views (cold OC'ers dominate a teams submissions list, harder to find other submissions that may be commendable but less point worthy).

I agree about what would be ideal like you mentioned in the first part of your comment, and also about the limitations. I think letting users do a favorites/featured might be one way to reward difficult to reward submissions. Maybe not the best, or even worth doing, but just something that crossed my mind.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

• 2 weeks later...

Those would be hit the hardest I suppose. Other well known benchers would be knicked as well. Stevero has a couple big pcm05 points in low competition categories. Can also look at all benchers of the top 10 in x5 multicore (that includes me) - there are only 32 total ranked submissions for wp32 in x5, but still big globals for top 5 spots.