HWBOT Community Forums

R5: Pro OC V2 - Pro OC Cup introduction

Massman

When I saw hwbot moving on with this Pro Cup thing regardless the opinions of many Pro Overclockers I beleaved that there must have been some agreement with companies and sponsored members who would be ready to form teams.

Now that the cup has began and there are only two teams formed witch seems they were not planned,this Cup looks a very big mistake.

Two. Three submissions in total so far.

Sandbagging. Won't know if anyone is actually competing until the first deadline arrives. Only need a couple good teams to jump in at the deadline to make it a little interesting.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a team dumps a couple members and brings in a couple new members, does that change the team's ranking?

Along those same lines, what happens to the rankings of those users?

Are we entering a New Era of Overclocking where there's a draft season and free agents and (more)signing bonuses? :D

Similar to how Schumacher quitting Ferrari didn't remove any of titles he got for Ferrari, members dropping out from a Pro OC Team will not change anything to the team's ranking. Same goes for the users: if you were part of the winning Pro OC Cup team, you will -always- be part of that winning team, even if you change to a different one the next Cup.

Awesome, that's a plus. Does that include whoever started the team in the first place? I'd hate to see a team disappear like a popped soap bubble because Dude The First retired or something!

Also I'd like to confirm: This first comp old, previously submitted, results can be used correct?

Once a team is made, it will always exist. No one can delete it (except for overlords, of course) and participating users will always be linked to it.

In this first cup, old submissions are allowed. This is to make the transition, ehrm, "smoother". I wanted it differently, but it makes sense to allow big scores that were set maybe 2 months ago in the spirit of not losing all that effort. Debateable, I guess.

Looks for people are not happy with the actual situation.

In the name of overclocking... I hope hwbot solve this asap.

I see no scores, no teams, and no overclockers encouraged.

At first touch, I feel I was out of Hwbot... but even this way, I go try with 2 more overclockers and joined a team.

But looks for there are no more actions... no scores, no team and no nothing.

Maybe Sandybag... what I did not believe...

If this keep this way, I will ask kindly to move me to XOC.

I work for Corsair and I have no Ln2, Videocards, CPUs and Motherboards available to me...

I work for marketing... with all Corsair products... and they sells many more vengeance than Dominator...many more PSU CX than AX... and so on...

So... the only PC Parts I got from Corsair is 2 kits of Dominator, 4 SSDs and 2 AX1200i... and nothing more (ops... sorry... keyboard, pendrive and mouse)...

I believe I can not be consider pro as well.

Thanks

Looks for people are not happy with the actual situation.

In the name of overclocking... I hope hwbot solve this asap.

I see no scores, no teams, and no overclockers encouraged.

At first touch, I feel I was out of Hwbot... but even this way, I go try with 2 more overclockers and joined a team.

But looks for there are no more actions... no scores, no team and no nothing.

Maybe Sandybag... what I did not believe...

If this keep this way, I will ask kindly to move me to XOC.

I work for Corsair and I have no Ln2, Videocards, CPUs and Motherboards available to me...

I work for marketing... with all Corsair products... and they sells many more vengeance than Dominator...many more PSU CX than AX... and so on...

So... the only PC Parts I got from Corsair is 2 kits of Dominator, 4 SSDs and 2 AX1200i... and nothing more (ops... sorry... keyboard, pendrive and mouse)...

I believe I can not be consider pro as well.

Thanks

Wow. It must really suck to only be given $700 of power supplies and $250 of SSDs.

Wow. It must really suck to only be given $700 of power supplies and $250 of SSDs.

It depends what you mean to be considered as Pro.

Maybe you can compare with the guys that receives tons of LN2... full tray of CPUs... Vgas and MBs to burn and replace.

But IMHO.... It can pay about 2 or maybe 3 LN2 sessions in my country (6 USD / liter).

So... to be a overclocker free lancer..... every single part is just nice...

But to be includded as Pro league... I am sure that is not enough.

You gotta make your decisions bro ;) Which is more important? Working for Corsair or finding a different job so you can move back to XOC until you have better support? I know, it is a very personal question, the answer is for you alone. :)

You gotta make your decisions bro ;) Which is more important? Working for Corsair or finding a different job so you can move back to XOC until you have better support? I know, it is a very personal question, the answer is for you alone. :)

Also you must don't talk your opinion in questions that you not belong.... bro ;)

Thats completely "non sense" point of view...

Why do you intrude on a subject that is not yours?...

Edited by rbuass

You are right, it is off-topic but YOU made the first personal comment.... talking about YOUR position and YOUR level of sponsorship. YOU brought it into the public, so you CAN NOT complain. Do you want to talk about yourself or not?