HWBOT Community Forums

R5: Pro OC V2 - Pro OC Cup introduction

Massman

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed there were posted a 2 x Xeon in the competition (Cinebench).

So... since I have no Titan (mainly 4 x Titan thats about USD 2000 each in Brazil)... and I also don't have dual CPUs systems, looks for one more time there are something wrong.

I recommended (with more guys), to only be allowed some new PC part, at least about 2 months after to be launched... and it was not agreed by Hwbot (ok... Titan will be available before the end... but the rule, I believe must be changed, is wrong)...

Since I will have no USD 8000 to play 4 cards (I never had 4 x HD 7970... 2 always was borrowed from friends)... I believe Pro League is confirmed ONLY to who have full sponsorship.

And plus... I and 99% of the guys, never can binned (and hardmod) a Titan... maybe to have lucky to get one good or gold sample.

My point of view is that I can not help my team members... and will ask one more time to change me Pro League to League.

Also... I will not buy AMD to compete Memory Clock because I think is spend money with something there is not a benchmark... and did not need any performance.

P.S. > Hwbot informed that one of the reasons that removed the League... is because always the same (same pro overclockers in the top)...

And now?

Since Andre and OC Lab not joined... I can finally declare the winner... KPC will be the winner easy.

They had full monster Xeons to Cinebench... full sets of monster Titans... and so far, can be declared as winner.

Nick and Hicookie, very good overclockers, were not active last time... Team AU did not join the Pro Cup...

Different level of sponsorship and conditions WILL BE EVER... so... maybe is a reason because the guys go from the top ranking (or no?)

Maybe is the reason, that the only Pro OC I noticed that agreed was Splave... they will be the winners.... and Splave, very good overclocker, with Kingpin by his side and Christian (declared memory overclocker) is so far the favorites.

This is not a problem... because they are really good (KPC Team)... and earn to be winners......

But the reason that Hwbot gave... to remove the League... that is "because i always the same in the top", will remain.... it will not change.

Then... Hwbot open a thread:

"HWBOT Rev5 Development: Voice Your Opinion On How Tied Results Receive Points..." (This is democratic...thumbs up)

Why Hwbot did not voice your opinion, before to remove the Pro League?.... why, if Hwbot decided by themselves to remove and make the Pro Cup... did not voice the Pro Guys with less conditions?

Why, if this $#%@& will happen, did not limit to 1 x CPU or 1 x VGA.... if 90% of the Pro League guys have no full sponsorship?

Disappointed

Tks

Edited by rbuass

I noticed there were posted a 2 x Xeon in the competition (Cinebench).

So... since I have no Titan (mainly 4 x Titan thats about USD 2000 each in Brazil)... and I also don't have dual CPUs systems, looks for one more time there are something wrong.

I recommended (with more guys), to only be allowed some new PC part, at least about 2 months after to be launched... and it was not agreed by Hwbot (ok... Titan will be available before the end... but the rule, I believe must be changed, is wrong)...

Since I will have no USD 8000 to play 4 cards (I never had 4 x HD 7970... 2 always was borrowed from friends)... I believe Pro League is confirmed ONLY to who have full sponsorship.

And plus... I and 99% of the guys, never can binned (and hardmod) a Titan... maybe to have lucky to get one good or gold sample.

If you had 4x Titan and 2x Xeon, would everything be ok?

@rbuass : What did you expected to happen Ronaldo when you aggreed to join Pro cup(entering a team)?That you would have a chance?

If you had 4x Titan and 2x Xeon, would everything be ok?

No,he would need 4x hp(handpicked)Titan+4epower+knowledge on modding them+1~2more for buckup,a hp 2011s cpu,2x Xeon,one SR2 motherboard,a hp AMD cpu +board,a hp 3770k cpu,free LN2 and 1~2 months away from his job/wife :celebration:

@ Rbauss - Your entire rant boils down to that Pro Cup should only include benchmarks and hardware that you like and currently own. Expand your horizons a little, excelling in areas that you are not familiar with, that is the real meaning of being a Pro. And don't worry, Intel SR2 isn't the platform to use to win the Cinebench stage. ;)

Edited by Rasparthe

@rbuass : What did you expected to happen Ronaldo when you aggreed to join Pro cup(entering a team)?That you would have a chance?

No,he would need 4x hp(handpicked)Titan+4epower+knowledge on modding them+1~2more for buckup,a hp 2011s cpu,2x Xeon,one SR2 motherboard,a hp AMD cpu +board,a hp 3770k cpu,free LN2 and 1~2 months away from his job/wife :celebration:

Thanks bro...

I missed lots of things

;)

IMHO, budget-wise, a Supermicro H8Q-series and 4x Opteron 6300-series is the setup that's quite nice for the Cinebench stage , the problem is usually those 4P server board config doesn't usually come with much OC headroom..

Would be awesome if there's someone on the cup who's using Xeon E7-8870 multi-cpu setup :P :p

@ Rbauss - Your entire rant boils down to that Pro Cup should only include benchmarks and hardware that you like and currently own. Expand your horizons a little, excelling in areas that you are not familiar with, that is the real meaning of being a Pro. And don't worry, Intel SR2 isn't the platform to use to win the Cinebench stage. ;)

Don't want to spent my time.. since your opinion is that.

You are free to keep your point of view... so please... don't try to put your lines in my way of view.

Main, you are not involved and nothing will change to you... so... I do not know why you want to argue with me and impose your opinion

Further I believe I just expanded my horizons... enough ... to disagree and keep my point of view that I believe is correct and followed by the most of the guys of the Pro league and real overclockers here.

Tks

Edited by rbuass

I got in trying to find the BIG NAMES in the front page to joy my heart a bit and WHAT do I see? - NOTHING -

Where are they?

WTF have you done to hwbot guys?

Are you crazy or something?

There are people out there (a lot) who enters in here to see what Andre has done, how klngpln is doing, did Nick stoped, are everyone ok, WHAT? WHERE?

Are you trying to destroty the joy in here guys?

New things Ahhhh?..........OK.......LEAVE Pro OC league and ADD the new things that you want - beneath it - :D

Now after all that said - put back the Pro OC league please because I can find NOTHING in here lately!.....

I got in trying to find the BIG NAMES in the front page to joy my heart a bit and WHAT do I see? - NOTHING -

Where are they?

WTF have you done to hwbot guys?

Are you crazy or something?

There are people out there (a lot) who enters in here to see what Andre has done, how klngpln is doing, did Nick stoped, are everyone ok, WHAT? WHERE?

Are you trying to destroty the joy in here guys?

New things Ahhhh?..........OK.......LEAVE Pro OC league and ADD the new things that you want - beneath it - :D

Now after all that said - put back the Pro OC league please because I can find NOTHING in here lately!.....

'Sup George! Good to see you still haven't given up on bold :D

You can still check out how well Andre, Nick or K|npg|n is doing here: http://hwbot.org/benchmarks. All the records are up there!

Hi there guys... :D

Mass, leave the crap and give to ppl the Pro OC Legue back in front. :P

The link you're showing is invalid - I have to go and search DEEPLY inside if I want to find something -

My eyes NEED to see the TOP pro guys in front.

Put the Pro OC league in front as it was and below it, put the other thing that I forgot how you say it right now... :D

I want to see the Asses - errrmmmm wrong spelling - I mean the Ausses right? with Dinos and all other guys.

I want too see the new upcoming pros, who -YES- they have free stuff from companies BUT the benchmarks DON'T just happen alone, they HAVE to WORK HARD to get a high ranked score - No?

They leave (writting on their balls :D) their families/work/etc to bench.

I want to see the Andre, Vince, newborn Ronaldo, the Russians and ALL the guys up to front page and EXACTLY on TOP RIGHT of the page. :D

THIS is going to joy my heart and ALL others'.

All new other stuff are good BUT BELOW that League. :P

Edited by hipro5

Hi there guys... :D

Mass, leave the crap and give to ppl the Pro OC Legue back in front. :P

The link you're showing is invalid - I have to go and search DEEPLY inside if I want to find something -

My eyes NEED to see the TOP pro guys in front.

Put the Pro OC league in front as it was and below it, put the other thing that I forgot how you say it right now... :D

I want to see the Asses - errrmmmm wrong spelling - I mean the Ausses right? with Dinos and all other guys.

I want too see the new upcoming pros, who -YES- they have free stuff from companies BUT the benchmarks DON'T just happen alone, they HAVE to WORK HARD to get a high ranked score - No?

They leave (writting on their balls :D) their families/work/etc to bench.

I want to see the Andre, Vince, newborn Ronaldo, the Russians and ALL the guys up to front page and EXACTLY on TOP RIGHT of the page. :D

THIS is going to joy my heart and ALL others'.

All new other stuff are good BUT BELOW that League. :P

Thanks for your opinion, George! When we do the first evaluation of the Cup and rankings, we will definitely take this post into consideration! I hope with you that we will see new upcoming pro's. Hopefuly much more than before :woot:.

Thanks guys. :)

I'll be back some day - promise -

Mass, now that I've seen that you have lost some fat and you seem goodlooking and beautifull guy, please upload the Pro OC legue up there NOW and not after some months, cuz next time that I'll see you in a dancing club dancing, I'll dance on your face you f(l)ucken freak!...... :P:D

As I mentioned before in this thread, the Cup is the route we are taking and League will not be put back online. The evaluation of the Cup follows after minimum3 Cups and even if the Cup is not living upto the expectations it does not mean the League will be back.

For more information on the why's, there is a lot of information in the opening post as well as spread across this now 400 post-counting forum thread.