HWBOT Community Forums

R5: Pro OC V2 - Pro OC Cup introduction

Massman

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, it is off-topic but YOU made the first personal comment.... talking about YOUR position and YOUR level of sponsorship. YOU brought it into the public, so you CAN NOT complain. Do you want to talk about yourself or not?

Please don't take part of what is not your problem...

@Massman

" And we're not talking about guys enlisted in companies - we're talking people like Splave, Rbuass or Xtreme Addict who try to climb their way up to the top with own funding. These are community members."

@der8auer

"We discussed that internally few weeks ago and hopefully it's no problem if I answer this

Only real pro overclockers like vince, nick and andre who have 100% vendor support have to stay in the pro oc. Everybody else who is a "normal" overclocker can change back to OC-League."

So please.... keep out of the discussion...because I am not talking to you... but to Hwbot staff.

I never intude in what does not important "to me"...then... what are you talking where is not important "to you"?... and is not your problem...

Please don't take part of what is not your problem...

@Massman

" And we're not talking about guys enlisted in companies - we're talking people like Splave, Rbuass or Xtreme Addict who try to climb their way up to the top with own funding. These are community members."

@der8auer

"We discussed that internally few weeks ago and hopefully it's no problem if I answer this

Only real pro overclockers like vince, nick and andre who have 100% vendor support have to stay in the pro oc. Everybody else who is a "normal" overclocker can change back to OC-League."

So please.... keep out of the discussion...because I am not talking to you... but to Hwbot staff.

I never intude in what does not important "to me"...then... what are you talking where is not important "to you"?... and is not your problem...

It's your choice whether you want to compete in the Pro OC Cup or want to go back to XOC. Just post here and I'm sure Massman will move you back.

It's your choice whether you want to compete in the Pro OC Cup or want to go back to XOC. Just post here and I'm sure Massman will move you back.

Thank you very much, der8auer.

Yes, I would like, because I will have no way to keep in Pro league this way.

Since I see no the Pro Overclockers working... and almost no scores... I hope is better to go to XOC League.

In the real, I would prefer the way before... and keep the Pro league and add the F1 Pro Competition, but since is not possible, I prefer to work for free... because I can not help my partners for now.

Maybe, if the F1 OC works well later... I will ask if is possible to migrate to F1... but for now... I am sure I would prefer XOC League.

very thanks

So where the fuck are we to be placed PJ ?

You want to force us to pro oc cup ? We do not want to participate.

So we have nowhere to go, you won't let us join xoc because dino works for gigabyte.

This is by far not a community website, you make your decisions and do not care at all what input you get, the community says DO NOT GET RID OF PRO LEAGUE, your reply DON'T CARE WILL DO ANYWAY.

This becoming a complete joke.

Freestyle?

It's weird that I actually get messages from community folks that say the Pro OC Cup is a great idea, but they don't want to reply in public as the hate directed towards them is something they don't want to deal with. You don't need to participate in the Cup at all, I don't want to force anyone anywhere.

Working in vendor means you are professionally engaged in the industry and cannot join XOC. That's very clear.

So Pieter...

That's

@Massman

@der8auer

Then every overclocker knows that PSU, RAM and SSD is not needed to be Corsair...and everyone can get the scores regarless what good RAM (Gskill, Avexir, Corsair, etc).

Also... I NEVER sent one "CPUZ Memory Clock"... even that I did not consider as benchmark.

You know 100% of my scores actualy are 3D.

I ask to consider my information and follow what you said.

Also... I never agreed to remove Pro League.

Pro Overclockers, like me, worked and followed Rev.4... and now... we are in the limbo (yes... if we not join a Team... we are in a limbo).

I joined SF3D and Xtreme Adict... and we also... just joined to not be in the limbo... and not because we agreed.

Now... SF3D thinking well... and knows that 5 benchmars... 3 months... is not a good idea.... and also... Michal... are worried with no teams and no competitions.

I believe that nothing that is forced... is good.

This way... we are no forced... but is better you think about to create a Limbo League.

:(

P.S. I have no doubt that you Pieter... really worked to Overclocking... and you are honest... and have all quality necessary to be administrator... and drive Hwbot... but consider you are human and can be wrong... and can be mistake yourself.

Tks

Edited by rbuass

Freestyle?

It's weird that I actually get messages from community folks that say the Pro OC Cup is a great idea, but they don't want to reply in public as the hate directed towards them is something they don't want to deal with. You don't need to participate in the Cup at all, I don't want to force anyone anywhere.

Pro oc cup is a great idea, but removing the pro league is an issue.

If you believe through messages that removing pro of league is a good idea then act like a community site, start a poll let the community decide to keep pro of league, then honour their decisions. If community want to keep pro co league then keep it.

freestyle without a league is limbo mate

yeah everyone has been harassing Splave so much that he is going out to get a restraining order and may need to see a shrink also!

Haha, guys how about we give this one quarter a shot. Team au,bros you might be the most talented 5 guys on hwbot. What's the problem? Dino spread those 6.8 GHz haswells around man.I'm tired of the same old new stuff comes out, top guns have had it for 4 months, my best is 400 mhz behind...in this setup some weight can be added to benchmarks that require some skill and not just binning volume.so if you can position yourself withvendor support that's great but if you don't have any maybe scratching your way to top 3 can maybe get you there for up and comers. If I'm a vendor and I can send one team 2 vgas instead if 5 guys that is better for them as well.

Edited by Splave

Team.AU is to the Pro OC Cup what Sacha35 was to F1OC :D

P.S. I have no doubt that you Pieter... really worked to Overclocking... and you are honest... and have all quality necessary to be administrator... and drive Hwbot... but consider you are human and can be wrong... and can be mistake yourself.

Thanks for saying I'm human, probably the nicest thing someone has said to me in weeks! :).

Yes, I can make mistakes. And yes, I will apoligise for mistakes. But the evaluation of the Pro OC Cup will not happen after only a month of the first round. The earliest evaluation point is after three rounds, so the concept is tested thoroughly and adjusted where necessary. Adjustments as suggested already: multiple eliminations, different amount of benchmarks and so on.

Looking forward to see how Splave and his personal hardware pile/addication/you-need-therapy kind of benching will do in the first Cup.

some weight can be added to benchmarks that require some skill and not just binning volume.

Whoa. Now that is some innovative thinking I can get behind.

Binning not being the end all answer? WHAT A CONCEPT!

No wonder the top pros don't like the idea :P

Excluding from XOL a member like Ronaldo because he just works for a vendor is unfair.I know many overclockers from XOL that are getting way much heavier sponsorships because of good contacts and nobody told them not to be in XOL.Actually I beleave that at least the half members of the top 20 XOL are getting sponsorships one way or another.

Hello everybody.

Do you know what is overclocking?

For me, overclocking is a great community, friends from many different countries, great bench-sessions with my friends, great results, nice hardware and, of course, world records.

For me, overclocking is not HWBot, is not ranking.

Idea with Pro OC Cup looks good, but not for me, because i dont want "play in game", i wanna bench. I wanna bench 3DM03 when i have good ARES II, i wanna bench 32M, when i have good Ivy, but i dont wanna bench something, which somebody wanna. I wanna bench when I have time, i dont wanna bench when somebody want.

Ranking is doesnt matter for me. How about other way?

We will have list of Pro overclockers. They not will have ranking, but we return back records ranking (it was in rev.3 if i right remember with flags, nicknames and results). We will bench for records and it will do evolution for extreme overclocking.

Sorry for my bad English...

• Crew
Team.AU is to the Pro OC Cup what Sacha35 was to F1OC :D

thats some absolute bull right there, if i didn't get done on a pure technicality, using a launcher to start 3d06, which after all nearly every guy does when they launch pifast (think the greek written pi launcher), then we would of won f1oc, sacha never had a chance

team.au is just a bunch of guys wanting to have fun and taking pride in the benchmark results we release, guys that have supported HWBOT where possible and always thought up until now HWBOT listened to our and the communities opinion

We always listen and take community feedback into consideration. Always. Every single suggestion was discussed and evaluated. We don't always follow the opinion, though. That's true.

The analogy I made with Sacha35 was true as well. In fact, I remember some of you being angry he was pissing on the F1OC contest so much instead of just giving it a shot, see how it goes and then improve in the second season. It's ironic that you now take the position of Sacha35. Or logic. Or human.

What's really interesting is you have not taken any of the professional overclockers opinions, you have done only what you wanted to do. I think the poll is speaking for itself, this is no longer a community website it's mass mans website.

Why would it bother you to keep pro league it doesn't hurt the OC cup ? There is no justification for not allowing it to stay.

Easy, guys !!

Massman is willing to listen, good !!

Pretty damn sure the “Poll” that Fester has just made is self-explanatory…people want the Pro League back for whatever reasons.

Voices are still being ignored. You were saying something like "yeah, good reference & reconsider after 3 cups." No hard feeling, PJ, but it seems to me that you’re saying "Dun come in to my house & tell me what to do."

It really doesn’t matter which league I’m in. Slamms spoke out the reasons for many overclcokers of what they see as true OC

Any problem or difficulty to keep the Pro League & go on with Pro OC Cup at the same time?? Why insist to terminate the league & go for Cup??

I dun get it & really appreciate if you let us know, thx!