HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

dino quit screwing around and get in here with me. Lets roll man!! are you just gonna hold back until the last second of the contest and unleash the beast? cmon dudes this isnt an ebay sniping/ get in here. lets see the real deal. btw the guy that got the clocks in stage 1 you guys are killing me. the hw dudes shoulda made this contest a little better. split the lynnfield and clarks the for the 4ghz stage one. Or is stage one for lynn and clarks for 2? ohh okay..I see. nevermind.

Edited by trans am

dino quit screwing around and get in here with me. Lets roll man!! are you just gonna hold back until the last second of the contest and unleash the beast? cmon dudes this isnt an ebay sniping/ get in here. lets see the real deal. btw the guy that got the clocks in stage 1 you guys are killing me. the hw dudes shoulda made this contest a little better. split the lynnfield and clarks the for the 4ghz stage one. Or is stage one for lynn and clarks for 2? ohh okay..I see. nevermind.

I jumped in for you ;) Despite my workload.......now it's time for me to ship stuff and pack up for quakecon, see you guys after the 15th sometime.......

Ok this is preety funny

pocketrocket3.jpg

I propose that giga gives away 1 prize.......but not for the best scores.....a prize for the most ridiculous hardware config imagineable LOL

Edited by chew*

hahaha chew I saw your submission as you say "a guy walks into a bar" I added the next line of the joke. I wish you and dino were here right now. I'm about to take it all down. I tried to guess where the cbb mod was on this board. Its cold bug around -70c and thats pathetic. Im gonna wipe it off and do it on the cpu instead. this is where I did it on the board.

croppedmod.jpg

hahaha chew I saw your submission as you say "a guy walks into a bar" I added the next line of the joke. I wish you and dino were here right now. I'm about to take it all down. I tried to guess where the cbb mod was on this board. Its cold bug around -70c and thats pathetic. Im gonna wipe it off and do it on the cpu instead. this is where I did it on the board.

croppedmod.jpg

btw chew that stage 1 submission kicks ass. I think that will keep everyone busy for a while. okay get back to work. :)

btw chew that stage 1 submission kicks ass. I think that will keep everyone busy for a while. okay get back to work. :)

It's actually preety slow :(

No need to guess. you will find continuity at a resistor on both sides and each of these 2 points on all 1156 boards.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/Max%20III%20Extreme/Hard%20mods/IMG_2671.JPG

Ok here' you go.......

clarkdale CBB mod point circled green according to pin outs.

pocketrocket5.jpg

Edited by chew*

argggh So that was it. I just kept looking at the h55m usb3 and the ud2h points and I thought I was on the right track. Thanks again buddy. I revert back and try those points out. Do need to both points cpu and mobo or one or the other? I always thought it was one or the other.

If testing those pins you will test one pin in socket and all resistors in general area both sides.

When you find continuity you test other pin in socket and other side of resistor.

Just solder across that resistor and you should be good to go.

It's actually preety slow :(

No need to guess. you will find continuity at a resistor on both sides and each of these 2 points on all 1156 boards.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/Max%20III%20Extreme/Hard%20mods/IMG_2671.JPG

Ok here' you go.......

clarkdale CBB mod point circled green according to pin outs.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/Pocket%20Rocket/pocketrocket5.jpg

maybe just let the others know what is involved in doing the mod

Dino Ive always thought it was one or the other. Like do cookiemonsters mod on the cpu:

IMG_2023.jpg

or you do it on the board at the points chew marked. (each board is different) I usually just do the cpu and it worked fine in the past. but after a few board swaps using an conductive ink pen it wears off so I then started just doing the each of my boards separately so it doesnt matter what cpu is on. the board is already done. Am i wrong? this is the thread i made using help from cookiemonster and my own experience.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250025

the points chew directed us to is the 1st resistor (it threw me off cuz the h55m-usb3 and h55n-ud2h are right here i55boardmod.jpg I know it worked because Ive had no mod and cold bug at -90c on both boards and after the mod on just the board (no cpu) I was getting past -125c

Edited by trans am

I dont know about everyone else but Dino it was you that got me excited about this board in the 1st place in the xs thread you made. what was your limit on the board with the last cpu u had on it? have u messed around with the other bios's? for example I just started clocking on the shipping bios right out of the newegg box and was fine. then today I saw chews submission and he got that on the beta bios on the ga site. (the 1st one) I flashed to that one and rebooted and set optimised defaults F10 then tried my old settings and it wouldnt take anything. maybe Im missing a setting but I'm almost considering going back in time. or trying something in between. I just finished reinsulating the board. Im gonna crank the container on now. gimme a few.

maybe just let the others know what is involved in doing the mod

Sure theres a number of things you can do....remove resistor and connect the 2 points with solder. bridge the top of the resistor with solder. Last you can solder a wire in on each side of resistor and use a jumper pin on a fan header from a old mobo.

Basically you want 0K reading at that res. IIRC its like .75X k ohms nominally.

okay sorry this is taking so long. I bought these skinny rods and they strip easily so I just cut down some thicker ones with a dremel. I have 2 containers. the one Im using on this board is the skinnier one for obvious reasons. This thing looks totally ridiculous with a container mounted. thanks to gigabyte for making this contest. Its rad to see something this small that can actually clock with its bigger brothers. Its really amazing and if Ive gained anything so far the 1st stage has made me really focus on tightening everything down. Ever since I got the containers ive focused on the thrill of having cold and getting cpu as high as I can. this 1st stage has really made me concentrate on my ram and qpi and Im on clarlsdale so Im just pushing even harder to keep up with everyone else on lynnfield. thanks guys. thanks dino for being one of the 1st to show us the potential of this thing. Lemme get these rods in so i can start clocking.