HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

400-450MHz on QPI gains about 3s with high CPU speeds, don't think that Clarkdale is a competitor for 4GHz category

Agree with u m8, I think Lynnfield 8xx will be the main contender on the 4Ghz Category..

With CPU & RAM on Cold, I guess with the CPU at 235x17, and DDR3-2350 with Tight timings and subs will give a nice score ;)

Anyway, with the CPU positioned sooo close to the DIMMs, I think putting LN2 on the CPU also means giving your ram a decent temp for benching :D :D(10-20C perhaps?)

Woohoo !! A Mini-ITX Torture and SuperPi 32M Fun!!! (^_^)b

I'm in for sure, will buy that H55N-USB3 tomorrow :D

* btw, does anyone know what mITX case MassiveOverkill is using? It's pretty cool case *

It is the new Lan Gear box that he is one of the beta tester :)

http://www.lan-gear.com/

That would be a Silverstone SG07....

Nopp, much smaller case :)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1535164

first impression, the board won't do past 235 bclock while using the integrated GPU.

It will boot, but when pressing Del to enter the bios, the screen will just turn black.

So in the end, a real VGA is needed :)

otherwise, the board does just fine.

just did 250x16 with memory at 2000 7-7-7-21

crashed though, because of high qpi. Need to do more tuning

haven't tested that, but i don't think thats gonna work.

I tried increasing GPU voltage, and also cooled down to -55 .. but it still was no go.

well... don't care much about it either,

with the current mounting, a normal VGA fits perfectly :)

Edited by ME4ME

Haha. So this board is actually luring people into extreme overclocking.

The H55N is doing what the UD9 was build for :D

Well I was actually going to end up getting a pot from Vince, however I was waiting until he released a new pot which is supposedly coming very soon but I just bit the bullet and figured now is a good as time any especially since the contest was going on.

I figured out to have a chance at winning I am going to need some dice and probably LN2 and for the first stage I am going to have to go buy an i7 860/870/875k. I need some recommendations for a digital thermometer (fluke, UEI) and other hardware that might be needed for dice, I realize for LN2 I will have to find a dewar and I am going to look locally first.

As for the UD9. . . I could buy six H55N's and still have some change for the same price:D

In stage one, the speed limitations is 4ghz. Gigabyte Easy Tunes, SetFSB and other software can do the overclocking in Windows, bench superpi approximately 4.3GHz in speed, then back again in 4GHz speed and make screenshot. How to know if superpi was run at not more than 4GHz? This could be a tweak or cheat result but harder to prove. Considering almost all the overclockers used "oc on the fly" software to bench superpi.

Sory for my bad english :)

Edited by placid

Most of the benchers on this forum have a pretty good idea what is the ultimate 32Mil bench @ 4000MHz, with the perfect rams so basically if there is a result that is just too good to be true, then it most probably is not true.

ordered a few new parts. . .
good luck fitting a rampot onto this board :D
As for the UD9. . . I could buy six H55N's and still have some change for the same price
here UD7 retails for ~$450 (wholesale price <$400 with VAT), H55N around $135 ... no 6:1 here