HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

well that took care of the cold bug. Chew nailed the spot. that 1st resistor at the top is definitely it. I can cold boot at much lower than -70c now. I dont know why im screwing around on stage one with a clarksdale. Is that extra 4mb in cache on lynnfield my problem or is it that I need to tweak my reg? (wazza/large system cache/max mem hacks) I just installed winxp 32 on a vertex2 with no updates. I killed as much as I could in services. other than that I just installed the chipset and gfx drivers.

well that took care of the cold bug. Chew nailed the spot. that 1st resistor at the top is definitely it. I can cold boot at much lower than -70c now. I dont know why im screwing around on stage one with a clarksdale. Is that extra 4mb in cache on lynnfield my problem or is it that I need to tweak my reg? (wazza/large system cache/max mem hacks) I just installed winxp 32 on a vertex2 with no updates. I killed as much as I could in services. other than that I just installed the chipset and gfx drivers.
even if you run crazy mem/qpi/tweaks with the clarkdale, it still won't run much faster than 9:20, so don't waste your time unless you got a lynnfield

Why wont it let me subimit my score? I did the stage one but my stage 2 wont submit. I get the follwing msg: error An unexpected error occured when saving your result. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. Message: 'org.apache.torque.TorqueException: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'system' at row 1'

wtf???

well this is what Im trying to submit:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1335411

-142c.jpg

cpuz5670.jpg

717tajpg.jpg

I guess I have 1st place but stupid error wont take my submission. im going to bed. Thanks chew for the right point to mod. i had it past -145 from -70. U made it happen buddy. for the record i did no os tweaks as I dont really have any idea except disabling services and running in real time before the bench. other than that this is totally raw overclocking.

from what i see, the first thing you want to do is using a lower multiplier, and increasing the bclock. That way you'll be running higher uncore and thus gaining performance. Also try increasing the QPI frequency, you should be able to run 4500+ quite easily :)

as for software tweaks, you could look into the following page to get started with CW.

it might just get you a few seconds off ;)

http://www.ocxtreme.org/forumenus/showthread.php?t=3469

Why wont it let me subimit my score? I did the stage one but my stage 2 wont submit. I get the follwing msg: error An unexpected error occured when saving your result. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. Message: 'org.apache.torque.TorqueException: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'system' at row 1'

It sounds like you're writing too much in the description field. Either that or the name of the screenshots/pictures you're adding is too long.

THanks admin for fixing it. I was able to submit. I'll see what else I can do in the meantime. THanks for the tips guys. I'm surprised none of you commented that I was able to get in and actually get that score at -140c. That is fackin' mind blowing for me as Ive never had anything work that cold before. ALso I mustve done a decent job insulating because I didnt put grease in the ram or the socket and I benched for 8hrs straight friday night and i didnt have a single problem. maybe not a big deal if I was on a full-sized board because everythings more spaced out but it blows me away that I didnt run into problems when the ram is basically on top of the cpu socket and the critical components are so close. so much couldve gone wrong and didnt. pretty amazing imo. what gets me is it took me 8hrs. to get only 7m17s. hahahaha oh well.

**********edit. holy crap I just noticed I just got 2nd place 32m 655k spot (after "the thunder from down under" aka dino) and I unlocked something other than found the submit button.. kick ass man! wow! this little board kicks serious ass!

-Alvin (TA)

Edited by trans am

Damn ... I thought it would be easy to get a top-5 or top-3 in this competition, but seems like everyone is putting up good scores.

:D

@massman. this contest mustve been forged by the mighty OVERCLOCKING GODS in the sky.. I'm so happy for this contest! I dont care who wins. I dont think its the point. Its a bunch of friends getting together and helping each other on this little motherboard that is truly ground breaking. mitx boards have been around for a while now but this is the 1st time a mitx has gone this far in the clocking dept. Its about fackin time! I've gone through so many boards this year for clarksdales and this board is doing better in clocks and cold bug / qpi and than all of them and its a mitx board. is it just me or are you guys totally freaked out by this little thing?

Edited by trans am

@massman. this contest mustve been forged by the mighty OVERCLOCKING GODS in the sky.. I'm so happy for this contest! I dont care who wins. I dont think its the point. Its a bunch of friends getting together and helping each other on this little motherboard that is truly ground breaking. mitx boards have been around for a while now but this is the 1st time a mitx has gone this far in the clocking dept. Its about fackin time! I've gone through so many boards this year for clarksdales and this board is doing better in clocks and cold bug / qpi and than all of them and its a mitx board. is it just me or are you guys totally freaked out by this little thing?

It kinda proves that not all manufacturers are out there to screw over the overclocking community. This is a good evolution :D.

Only problem is that I'm now constantly hitting myself in the head because I lack the time to get starting with this board ... I wish it was next week already!

:nana::nana::nana:

1339473.png

even though I got 6.6, this board has some serious problems

- after I got the 6.6 screenie, I tried 32M stability first (with low mems and qpi) - 233x27 was a crash at loop 15, 230x27 was a crash at loop 19, even 223x27 (6.0ghz) was a crash at loop 20

- 32M efficency with Clarkdale is worse than similar model, H55M-UD2H (32M at 4GHz is about 7 seconds slower)

- there is no SetFSB support for this board, so you have to clock it like a Phenom - boot with desired BCLK/MEM and then change CPU multi via CPU Tweaker

- takes VERY long to POST (22-24 seconds to bootscreen after you save settings in BIOS), makes it very hard to debug

- (same as other H55 board) only 3 subtimings can be adjusted via BIOS on Clarkdale, rest you put "1" or "255" - no difference at all

- Vcore settings closer to the top end do not work properly

- Cannot recover in 1 step (loading profile , F10, Enter) after a BIOS crash

- does not work properly with my OS (install / reboot problems)

Edited by TaPaKaH

even if it's miniITX - your cat will still find a way to sleep in the box :D

dsc04174jbfz.jpg

If anyone ever wants to see Sam OCX's cat ever again you ALL will comply with the following:

You will lower your BLCK to 100

You will lower your multiplier to 10

You will lower your voltage to 1.1V

You will lower your RAM frequency to 533

You will move your Super Pi folder to a pre-USB 2.0 external 3200 RPM drive

You will then delete your existing Super Pi submisions and re-submit with the above settings

ad245285.jpg

Edited by MassiveOverkill
  • Haha 1