HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2013 thread.

Massman

What the f*ck is this b*tching about here with the version 1.0? I didn't even know myself that there is a "blocked" version. Now that specialbunny is reporting all submissions for no reason to get legit scores removed of all countries?

Look at the clocks and the score. These scores are not out of line so there is absolutely no reason to remove them from the competition. This is by far the most pathetic move ever here.

We'll discuss this internally now!

Edited by der8auer

I'm looking at the same thing, some of the submission on the cloud gate stage is removed I guess?

*oh my, this is bad x_x*

Not urs. GunGod reported a ton of submissions including one of me and also dino. So it affected the ranking quite a lot. We have to discuss this first internally tho.

If hwbot prime scores got pulled because of the built in save box covered the cpuz mem tab, I feel these are all against the rules as well. Its only a big deal because it happened to several countries including most of the top scores.

I will say its a dick movr. Wait until after the stage closes to bring the issue to light. No sportsmanship right there, but its strategy. If you cant win by besting your opponent, try to win by disqualification. Still, its strategy, just like sandbagging.

Edited by Mikecdm

I guess rules are rules can't use wprime 2.0 either....this is a tough spot for mods...I already know my countries stance we don't want the points for this stage if scores are pulled please pull ours as well. Too many guys working hard with no sleep shouldn't be punished on a formality. Why is 1.00 banished though might be good to know.

If our score stays removed - better start removing all the rest.............good job to all countries regardless , we all know how much work, time, money and effort goes into benching for comps like this......sux to have it all made redundant for nothing.

Will wait for official ruling before saying much more......

I am shattered if this BS rule does indeed stick. We are being punished on a formality and this will significantly affect the competition results now. Whoever "wins" it now good luck to them but it won't mean a great deal....

We all know these scores are legit and that there are plenty of others using this version that you cannot check but let's pull Futuremark at this contest. This was a surprise rule to us anyway :confused:. We used a fresh image so we can bench properly and not worry about OS messing up and now we pay like this.

Edited by dinos22

haha

some people might say its karma, this is what we get for sandbagging eh?

gg. classy.

but rules is rules. will wait for admin ruling regardless.

as splave said, can we get a clarification as to why this version was banned?

win8 bug?

if a no go;

are all the other 1.0 subs gonna get reamed too? admins got a lot of work ahead of them over the Xmas/NYE break... wd

Edited by t8y

This was a little surprise to wake up to this morning. :(

Not sure if this rule comes in to play here.

As it not only affects us but a number of other teams.

screen005_zps8680c28b.jpg

This is exactly what I told GENiEBEN but he had already removed the scores... So we have to wait for Massman now to do the final decision and maybe add the results back to the comp if it's fine.

I don't see any reason to ban those results. If you just used a CPU-Z or GPU-Z window in front of the version everything would be fine and nobody would've complained lol.

This is exactly what I told GENiEBEN but he had already removed the scores... So we have to wait for Massman now to do the final decision and maybe add the results back to the comp if it's fine.

I don't see any reason to ban those results. If you just used a CPU-Z or GPU-Z window in front of the version everything would be fine and nobody would've complained lol.

that's cool mate... on to stage 1 :)

Sand bag is a b1tch move IMO but it is what it is. Not really good oc spirit.

Feels more like a weasel sneaking in at the end.

Why not tell us the hardware and then gives us the 1 hour a few months later when we should submit. Should be good for web traffic etc xD

And that being said, nothing you can do about it. Giving points etc for being first at certain points wont work I think.

Thanks for the insult!

A winning score is a winning score - when it was done or subbed is a mute point........If its a winning score it will win no matter when its subbed!

If your argument is that you didn't have time to work harder on beating it you obviously didn't do/try your best first time around!!!

Just get the best score you can and subb it when you want - if there is room to improve score it should be improved on regardless weather its the winning score or not!