HWBOT Community Forums

It's a crime!

Schmuckley

It's a crime that even though we all voted to keep Pcm05 globals.

..and thought it was all settled..

that someone decided "hey f-u-c-k you guys,I'm taking away globals for Pcm05 "

They are gone.

You spend hours learning a benchmark,buy the best RAID card you can,4 ssds that you never use..all for a bit of fun.

Looping Pcmark for hours just to get everything to kick in right like you know it can.

..and it was fun

Then some one person decides he doesn't want that..nevermind what other people want.

PcMark05 was one of the most fun benches there was.

a)You had to know the tweaks

b) You could run it on any CPU

c) You did need some specific hardware to excel at it.

You can ban me or whatever.

I'm about to quit.

What's the point?

People have thousands of dollars tied up in hardware for the bench and this one guy (even though we voted last month ago to keep ) does away with globals for Pcm05.

There's no point in continuing on here.

This is how I feel about this.

I'm just going to sell all I had for benching,buy a nice system and forget HWbot.

Why do I have a RAID card? Pcm05

Why do I have 4 SSDs I never use? Pcm05

Why do I have this chip or that chip? Pcm05

Cutting down benches people like is NOT the way to attract people to this hobby.

Edited by Schmuckley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont blame der8auer, blame me instead, I am the one that removed global points for this benchmark.

We did not remove the benchmark, only removed global points, you can still bench and submit pcmark05 results. Hardware points haven't been removed either.

Edited by Christian Ney

Please dont blame der8auer, blame me instead, I am the one that removed global points for this benchmark.

We did not remove the benchmark, only removed global points, you can still bench and submit pcmark05 results. Hardware points haven't been removed either.

Why would you do that after we voted?

I have a RAID + OS Crosshair V setup for pcm05 + Sempron 145.

There's no point in even getting LN2 and running it now.

Disincentivisation is not good for keeping people motivated to use this site.

So,even though a vote was taken,who cares what was voted?

What's the point in giving global points to a benchmark that the moderators can't tell if the score was tweaked or hacked?

If any benchmark gets to that point, and the results can't be properly moderated, points need to be disabled for it.

You still receive hardware points for it, just not global points.

What's the point in giving global points to a benchmark that the moderators can't tell if the score was tweaked or hacked?

If any benchmark gets to that point, and the results can't be properly moderated, points need to be disabled for it.

You still receive hardware points for it, just not global points.

Exactly this^^^^

This is nothing personal guys. I would apply the same decision to any other benchmark if it reaches this point. What is the point of having a benchmark that can be tweaked by at least 300% and we moderators can't even judge if scores are legit or not? What happens if two guys upload scores and accuse each other to be cheaters? How do we even judge whose score is legit or not? In the end we (HWBot) will get the blame.

Global points are a very important part of HWBot and the main tool to get into Top 20 overall ranking. The result is that the value of global points is very high and we have to be sure that the rewarded points reflect the real "performance" of an overclocker. If we can't be sure that the benchmark results are 100% legit there is no point in rewarding global points.

Not even talking about that there are not even 5 guys per month using this benchmark which is the lowest submission rate on the whole bot.

XTU is actually really consistent and scales on CPU and MEM power. The big advantage is that Massman has a direct connection to Intel and they constantly update the benchmark. So it might take time but Intel is at least willing to update the benchmark. For PCMark there is no hope for any fixes. No matter what happens.

So you admit that you do it just for the global points?

I see a controversy in your post. You say "all for a bit of fun" at first, but then "What's the point?".

What stops you now?

As I see it - the lack of global points :P.

That is correct.After buying 5 CPUs to bin for 1 benchmark.

Yeah;The lack of Global single core points is what stops me.

No motivation.What..I spent hours of setting up,binning 145s, and buy LN2 for 6-7 Hardware points? I don't think so.

Yes,I buy certain 1-2-3-4-5-6 core chips just for Pcmark.

well,not anymore I guess.

Because there's no point in it.

Run GTX 980s on the latest enthusiast platform or you might as well just hang it up around here.

Tell ya what.

I'm not happy I spent hours and hours learning how to do a benchmark to have this happen.

It's not worth all that.Furthermore it's uncalled for.

Cater to your 980 gtx running fly-by-night crowd.

Genieben knows the ins and outs of Pcm05 and could spot cheating in a second.

I was going to buy a 4790K for 4-core..pointless now.It's just that much taken out of the game.

Enjoy XTU :rolleyes:

cuz you know..Like using your 32m settings on it is all you have to do :/

Where's the AMD version of boint-heavy XTU-type benches?

Nowhere to be found.

It's called shooting yourself in the foot.

A word to anyone who reads this: Don't spend time learning the ins and outs of any benchmark on HWbot;because the points for it can get disabled at any given time on a whim,so the whole thing is pointless.

Next up on the chopping block is legacy 3d.

Heads up.

The overclocking community is small enough as it is,and you guys are just shrinking it.

Edited by Schmuckley

Whats a crime is that we have points for globals for 2 versions of the same benchmark multiple times.

Catzilla 720 and 1440?

Fire Strike and FSE? only a matter of time before they add in FS ultra.

Cinebench 11 and 15?

Wprime...

Superpi....

Well then...let's hear some viable alternatives to the current 3D lineup.

Personally, I'm glad they started adding 3D benches with higher resolution requirements.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to remove globals from a couple of the dated legacy CPU3D benches.

You need the same settings to run Catzila 720 and 1440. You need same settings to run FS and FSE, same settings fro cinebench, etc.

However, you do NOT use same settings and tweaks for Wp 32 and 1024, or for Pi 1M and Pi 32M.

The best example is Pi - Ivy Bridge has the overall 1M WR due to higher clocks while Haswell has the overall WR due to optimized architecture.

I think the main thing this thread has proved so far is that no matter what HWBot do, it can never please everybody and somebody will be upset by something they do.

I thought the main point was community voting results vs actual HWBot action...

Well then...let's hear some viable alternatives to the current 3D lineup.

Personally, I'm glad they started adding 3D benches with higher resolution requirements.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to remove globals from a couple of the dated legacy CPU3D benches.

I'm fine with leaving the high res 3Dmark benchmarks as the ones with points, but we dont need FS, FSE and FSU all with points.

I'm happy with Catzilla 1440 being the only catzilla with points.

I also support addition of Unigene Valley in addition to Heaven.

XTU is actually really consistent and scales on CPU and MEM power. The big advantage is that Massman has a direct connection to Intel and they constantly update the benchmark. So it might take time but Intel is at least willing to update the benchmark. For PCMark there is no hope for any fixes. No matter what happens.

XTU is not that good. :)

Read my post here http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=343684#post343684

Not even talking about that there are not even 5 guys per month using this benchmark which is the lowest submission rate on the whole bot.

Take a look at the G3258 as an example, it was only released in June and looks like a popular benchmark

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/pcmark_2005/rankings?hardwareTypeId=processor_3641&cores=2#start=0#displayMode=complete#interval=50

Add the Devils Canyon processors and you have over forty submissions