HWBOT Community Forums

POLICE department INTO hwbot?....

Maxi's quote does not reflect the current hwbot guidelines. 1Day is working hard in finalizing the hwbot guidelines, but in the mean time this is the rule to follow:

- only the owner of the processor may submit scores in processor related benches

- only the owner of the videocard may submit scores in videocard related benches

We know these rules are not 100% waterproof, and not even fair if it's the case of sponsored hardware. We are currently discussing changes to this rule in the crew. In the mean time, please follow the old rules.

Richard

this is unacceptable. If one of your moderators told us in public that a non-owner of hardware benching alone is able to submit results is now somehow not acceptable people have been mislead and you CANNOT penalise them now for it.

i don't know what the story with HOT entries is and it is not my business to discuss what's right or wrong but I find your statement there unfair and until you guys sort out full guidelines it should not be the case

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hipro,

Can you please check post #39 and clarify things?

Sorry for my late reply...

Hipro I have a question, is what Bill said here true?

If so then these results are only valid when posted to a 'Team Account', that is an account you setup for all H.O.T. community bench sessions. It's pretty simple, when you bench alone the results are yours. When you bench with someone else the results go into the Team account. These rules are designed to make things fun for everyone and allow for the frequent community bench sessions without causing unfair advantage to all HWBot teams. Remember it's up to the users and teams to keep the competiton fair and fun ;):D

If you have any questions please let me/any hwbot staff know.

Thanks,

maxi

What this has to do with me and pouring LN2 to some guy?.....WE (me and the guy) ARE NOT A "TEAM"......H.O.T. IS a "TEAM".....I don't get it!.....

WHERE is this "hiden rule" of pouring LN2 to a guy?.....I don't see it written ANYWHERE HERE: http://www.hwbot.org/hwbot.post.do?postId=689 ....Do you... ?... :)

Thank you Hipro to clear things up. I know that you were busy, but this info should have come earlier. This thread have gone too far.

I can and will apologise Tsan, if this all you told is true. I can see the Maximus extreme and 2x2900XT, that he have used in his benches. You can tell my apologies to him Hipro.

E: Frederik - That is just normal reaction from tsan. I don't mind. Why should I?

Sorry for that SF3D but he forsed me to write it down...... :(

A few comments from me ....

1)@hipro5

That was not a post-reply ... that was Desert Storm

2)@SF3D

I'm pleased to see a person that has the strength to admit when he's wrong & doesnt "afraid" to say sorry.

That's what defines a man from kids playin arround.

You have my credit for that.

3)@dinos22

I totally agree with you.

4)@richba5tard

I really expect more from you ... and not just a comment about tsan & SFD3 in this topic.

I know there must be some hard effort in the background of hwbot ... about making new rules and taking some hard decisions.

Dont loose focus & keep in mind ... that hwbot is a concept,an idea ... that is meaningless without the wide acceptance from us....the people of hwbot.

If you loose the pulse of people seeing things... you may end up loosing too many.

Ask the Team Leaders ... about their ideas and opinions ... before you end up with your new set of rules.

Maybe you and your crew are missing a different kind of aspect.

You still have my full support & trust ... and if there is anything i can do to help ... i'm here.

I DEMAND RIGHT NOW TO TAKE DOWN the following scores that were done with "MY" QX9650 ES CPU.....

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667143

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667142

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=666910

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667130

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667128

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667837

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=668073

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667843

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=668877

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=668875

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667846

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667853

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667927

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667862

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667858

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667913

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=667912

The ABOVE resaults/scores were done with "MY" CPU.....

Ok, the above results of processor related benches which where made by your CPU, and benched by other embers, have been blocked. The videocard related ones are not blocked, as using your cpu is not strictly against the hwbot guidelines.

If future hwbot guidelines approve the now blocked benches, they will be unblocked. Thank you.

@TASOS: I trust the moderation to the hwbot crew, and don't moderate myself unless really necessary. Otherwise I would not get any management or coding done. : )

First of all, I can't say I don't feel feel horribly disrespected in this case. George, why on earth did you make such a big deal out of this??? I remember sending you PM's on XS to find out what was going on the 23th December a day before I opened a thread about this on the crew forums. A clear explanation then and this would not have been a problem at all. After those PM's I contacted Bill as well to listen to your story, once again to settle this in all peace and he suggested a private forum in which we could exchange thoughts without having to cause big problems anywhere. Instead of that, you chose to open a thread here which has set up a lot of users more than it has set up us. Please, next time we ask for some kind of story, think about keeping the people who are not related to the problem out of this. To continue, I cannot leave your opinion about Thomas and Tsan's opinion about SF3D unanswered. These people do incredible jobs here, more than you can imagine. Both of them are in my eyes most respectable people, because they sacrifice big parts of their free time to this site, to make it better and to create a happy environment for people to play in. As said before, we are still human and still rely on our cognition to make discissions. 99% of the descissions we make are heavily discussed in our crew forums.

Second, most important to me, before you guys get back to benching, settle down and talk to your fellow greek clockers! It seems to me that this thread mainly has derailed because of this thing which is going on between both HOT and OOFS, while OOFS had nothing to do with this. You're all grown-up and mature enough to understand each other perfectly and I really couldn't hope more than both teams burrying the weapons and just respect each other. You cannot be friends with everyone on this planet, but you can always be friendly to everyone, even if you really dislike that person. Hell, the benching community is pretty small (comparing to the gaming community), why would we divide them up in segments anyway?

Third, (time to get back to business) would you please give your opinion about hardware sharing in general? I have seen -hidden somewhere between the other posts- different good solutions in this thread, but all had a flaw somewhere. We really need your input on the team benching as you are the people who are actually benching as a team, coming together as a team. I can honestly say that I really wanted to be living in Greece right now, because the scene seems to be fantastic, but I'm afraid that the proportion of active benchers in my country is so low that I might not see team benching entirely correct. I'm pretty sure that I'm underestimating the impact of teams on HWBot and I really want to change that. For instance, would it be a good idea to give the team moderators a view of new rules and ideas before they are actually enforced in the future?

Note: I didn't use any smilies as I should have posted a :) after every sentence.

@Tasos: Agreed, we need acceptance to keep HWBot running, we rely on our members. So, we also rely on our members to understand that what we do is purely for the sake of our members (all 8895). If we find some problems, we would like to have a clear answer straight away and have the problem solved in one, two even three PM's :).

Massman.....I REALY opened this thread ONLY to provoke same things happening here and there and clear things up as for what means "team benching" and not and if you wish, for reference usage of this thread later on....

IF you want to hear my TRULLY and HONESTLY oppinion.....Here it is:

From the time hwbot "open it's gates" for "TEAMS", we (many of us) has lost friends from this......

TEAMS are "BAD"....ONLY INDIVIDUAL BENCHERS will keep things straight, clean, and FRIENDLY MOST OF ALL.....

This is my oppinion though with simple and straight words....

EDIT: By saying that teams are "bad", I don't mean that they are bad BUT that teams seperates people (if you can understand what I mean).....

Maybe all of you that get involved on this, should make a coffee, relax and read that topic couple of times. Then think why we bench for....

Hipro5, you fight here for hwbot points but in every post of yours you loosing reputation points, a reputation that you build for many years.

This mess could be sorted pretty easily simply by showing the mods pictures of the HW so they know that the HOT members in this case owns the hardware. Sure, it's not EVIDENCE, but how can anyone PROVE anything in a case like this? The "suspiciouness" of the scores would be reduced if people can see what was used during the session. Of course no-one can know if one user's cards were used for all scores, and some of the pictured items were not used at all. As long as there is no such thing as a gpu/cpu-S/N-reading feature I don't think anyone can ask for more evidence then pics of the parts. One can't video tape the whole event, that's crazy:)

It's pretty obvious that during a bench session where many people post great scores, some might ask some questions about HW sharing. Taking a few photos during the session would solve everything. I think alot of people who bench together take pictures anyway, so it shouldn't be a big problem. I hope that's the case in the future. At least I will prove that I have access to 2 DFI Venus'es (of 1000 made) and a truckload of 939 CPUs when I go to the next bench party, as some people might want to try some of my things for different purposes.

@ hipro ....

From where i suppose to start now ?

So lets go....

What is your problem now ? i was know about "hot brain storming" and i have say nothing ? You teammates hunting the "informators" and you asking me why i dont have say nothing ? are you serious ?

I dont deserve this status ? ok ! your opinion but it's HOT opinion ...

Until i have Richbastard (owner) and the rest of wbot crew behind me people whos support me i DESERVE this status...

And you suppose to be glad for us ... We hold this database CLEAN and you are the lider of this datababase M8.....

Why i dont deserve that ???

a) im not in your team ?

b) mayby i know to much ?

c) you dont like me ?

This question is to hipro so please only hipro response ;)

Now you was call me "informator" or "ρουφιανος" at thelab.gr right ? (it's very bad thing to greek people)

You have say to me you gonna ASK all moderators WHAT i have say right ?

Now... you have ask ? you have found something ? or coourse you not becouse it's nothing there...

Im asking you to say sorry about that title who you just stick on my back!

Why it's simple καλυτερα να σου βγει το ματι παρα το ονομα ( sorry guys i can't wright this one in english ...

NOw you call me "informator" and you are the one ?

Take as an example our friends outofspecs.gr......

They sare the SAME CPUs, the SAME iRAMS, VGAs and mobos too....

You have send that one to hwbot moderator right ???

And take one SS to be sure ;)

2003606300550834013_rs.jpg

And after that YOU CALLING ME INFORMATOR ???? WTF M8 ?

To get some things clean I WASENT INVOLVED AND IM DONT GONNA SAY IT AGAIN

FROM NOW ONE HOT DOSEN'T EXIST TO ME im don't gonna take any action with your team ....

Something more .... WHOS HAVE MAKE SO BIG TOPIC ? YOU HAVE !

I have say much more but that not gonna change nothing anyway.....

Maybe all of you that get involved on this, should make a coffee, relax and read that topic couple of times. Then think why we bench for....

Hipro5, you fight here for hwbot points but in every post of yours you loosing reputation points, a reputation that you build for many years.

Astri, look at the post below to yours.....

PLUS......I have PROVEN HERE in hwbot, that I "personally" don't CARE about hwpoints by REMOVING ALL of my scores/points....

AFTER some discussion I had with some guys and after they "persuaded" me in a way to upload them again to help MY TEAM, I re-upload them once again.....I re-upload them NOT for me BUT for my TEAM AND ONLY....

"Reputation".......Hmmmm.......A "big word"......WHAT has this "reputation" of mine given me till now except from some hardware this LAST YEAR?.....

Does it feeds me?.....Does it feeds my family?.....NO......So I don't care.....

I have spent thousands of $ ALL these years for my hobby.....I have spent THAT much that you cannot even imagine.....I have divorced my x-wife and quit my family for my hobby....I didn't have to eat or to buy cigarettes just to buy hardware for my hobby......I have shut down my other business in another city for my hobby.....

ONLY from the "ABIT IC7 series motherboard", I have ~10 of them burned down in my place here......

WHAT ELSE does this God damn hobby needs from me?.... :(

I speak......Yes, I speak when I see something wrong.....Some people like it and some not.....I don't care....

I prefer to speak than hiding myself behind the curtains to "play the nice guy".....I'm a nice guy but I'm also "straight to my feelings" and I have never hidden from anyone or anything......

Yes I have made wrongs some times and I have admitted that....We are humans and sometimes we make wrongs.....

"Reputation"......WHICH of you new guys remember the REAL "old school" benchers that they have ALSO dedicate their own life on this damn hobby of ours.....

Do you know the name: "JCviggen".....the name: "OPAINTER".....the name: "Digital Jesus".....the name:....the name:....the name:.....?

I bet you don't.......and do you know what.....Overclocking community IS A WAY OF LIVING and you MUST LEARN its "history" before you start or quit.....It's a "Nation of its own"......Countries have their own history.....people have their own history......Overclocking community has its own history as well..... :)

"Reputation"......An "empty word" with no meaning to me........It may means something to some guys BUT for me is worthless.......MAN counts, NO it's "reputation" as you mean it......

When you don't say anything, you are good to everyones eyes.....When you say something, you don't expect from everyone to follow your thoughts.....Some may like you and some not.....

When you say the things as they are, some will like you and some not.....

Well, I prefer to say the things as they are and as I believe they are and loose some, than don't say anything and keep it inside me to "play it nice guy"......You know, when you keep things inside your mind, things that you want to say but you don't, some day you may start hate everyone and everything and that's not healthy..... ;)

Anyways.......that was a long post for me - though I wanted to write down more - but I'm not used to long posts..... :)

@ Obi : You're an arss (as for me :D) .....BUT I respect/like the way of yours that you say what you have to say and don't hide like many others do.... ;):D

@ Polonos: From the time that you got involved with hwbot crew, you have messed up FOUR GREEK FORUMS......IF I'm wrong on this please correct me......FOUR GREEK FORUMS were f(l)ucked up by you, by fighting each other, etc.....USERS can speak for themselves....

YES you may spend your free time for hwbot....YES they may need you as a Moderator......YES you have done a GOOD job till now as for hwbot......

NOOOOO you have messed up ALL GREEK O/C community.....

You SHOULDN'T be involved with Greek forums if you wanted to be a Moderator of hwbot......

You shouldn't have the title of "police dep. of hwbot" (it meant that).....

You SHOULD NOT SPEAK about hwbot into the Greek forums and how much you have "helped" us.....

When someone from a Greek forum says something to you and then you go to another Greek forum and say that thing to another person and visa-versa, you JUST frustrate things by doing so and nothing more.....

PLEASE keep up the good work you're doing with hwbot and leave us Greek forums alone......Thanks.... :)

P.S. Polonos.........THAT'S why I made it PUBLIC.......P.Ms sometimes frustrate things.......PUBLIC is MUCH BETTER as for me, so ALL people will know what's going on in a story and anyone could say his own oppinion..... ;)

A 12th page? Didn't see that :)

Guys, please re-read my comment (second half of alinea 1 + alinea 2 + alinea 3) and think about it. Respect and reputation have nothing to do with HWBot guidelines and both words can upset so many people that those should not be used in public :).

@Hipro: There's nothing wrong with saying what you feel, hell people should do it more, but always try to choose your words and make sure you're not creating an emotional tsunami of something which is purely based on facts ("what has happened?"). Shouting doesn't always work, being friendly does :).

Offtopic: Seems like I will have to watch my steps on CeBit :eek::D

You was messed befor i comming and please don't say NO .... ;)

Where is "sorry" for sticking me "informator" title ? i mean that one!

It's not my fould for not-merged teams .... When we talking about money and glory then loves and friendhsip don't have place M8....

OK we are not in the same team but in every country have more then ONE team and things move on.....

You don't like us becouse we are oofs ? FINE but please say to your teammates to stop all this FLAMES !

I have realize some thing now George.... In the my begin my point was "points" now it's not.... I like better my friends to benching togheter and we dont post scores at hwbot ... why ? we want to stay friends.... And i dont give ## about points etc why ? to be good ocer you dont need this points ;)

To be honnest ..... if you want please ban me from thelab.gr to not messed up thing again... i don't need nothing from all this to be happy person...... ;)

But nope i don't gonna leave from nowhere ....

EDIT worst of all this ?? you don't know many things (if i was involved and where i was but you still have (bad) opinion

As i say in previous post from now one HOT don't exist to me ;) and we will see if something gonna change ok ? ;)

I have spent thousands of $ ALL these years for my hobby.....I have spent THAT much that you cannot even imagine.....I have divorced my x-wife and quit my family for my hobby....I didn't have to eat or to buy cigarettes just to buy hardware for my hobby......I have shut down my other business in another city for my hobby.....

ONLY from the "ABIT IC7 series motherboard", I have ~10 of them burned down in my place here......

WHAT ELSE does this God damn hobby needs from me?.... :(

hi hipro

hard to believe that ur hobby still remain a hobby , it became a job for u

(soz for the disturbed, continue :D )

Offtopic: Seems like I will have to watch my steps on CeBit :eek::D

:DNo.......You know that I ADMIRE you the MOST of the hwbot....Not calling names but YOU (as for me at least) ARE the hwbot....

Richbastard IS the "head" of it and you're the boddy.....

If anyone says that's not like this, then he's wrong.....

On CEBIT for SURE we are going to have fun this year cuz I will have NOTHING to do there except some "walking" and fooling around.....So I will have PLENTY of FREE time despite of last year which I was VERY buzy from 9 am to 9pm..... :D

hi hipro

hard to believe that ur hobby still remain a hobby , it became a job for u

(soz for the disturbed, continue :D )

Hobby IS a hobby and job IS a job.....Don't compare those two things together.....One has nothing to do with the other.... ;):)

Well maybe there is a tiny connection between two of them.....I'm trying to make the BEST for my job by taking examples (knowledge) from my hobby..... ;)

.....and PLEASE don't talk about the "computer parts" hipro-tech is making cuz UP TO NOW, we have given MORE money into this than we have TAKEN.....So, you could call it a hobby this too IF it doesn't give you any money....Despite it takes you MORE...... ;)

Hipro maybe i could explain you in Greek cause english is not my best :)

You are the overclocking god for most of ppl out there, including me. A god dosent spend his time on such threads. Anyway, i will not post anymore about those sh1t.

take care

Hipro maybe i could explain you in Greek cause english is not my best :)

You are the overclocking god for most of ppl out there, including me. A god dosent spend his time on such threads. Anyway, i will not post anymore about those sh1t.

take care

God is only ONE......ALL others are just "humans".....Don't "stick" to a title that people give to other people.....It means nothing.....

Nothing to me at least.....

Yes there are "THE benchers" out there......BUT they are not "Gods".... :)

I spend my time for my team.....IF this team wasn't existing, I assure you that I wouldn't even involved in such things as I always did....

On a side note: Keep benching and have fun.... IF you lose the "fun of benching", then stop doing it......It ain't worth it.....;)

i respect ur age and that means that i respect and ur words ;) (no matter if i aggree or not :) )

Borg don't "tease" me about my age...... :D:P

OPB thinks that I am 60 years old and he expects the day I die as he wrote in his forums.....He thinks that I'll die before him...... :D:p

Borg don't "tease" me about my age...... :D:P

OPB thinks that I am 60 years old and he expects the day I die as he wrote in his forums.....He thinks that I'll die before him...... :D:p

imao :D

quit smoking asap ...u will die soon enough before u will see the rise of AMD again ... lol