HWBOT Community Forums

• Crew

Some days ago I saw that some of my subs went one place up. As this is a rather unusual process, as the usually go one place down I looked a little deeper into this and didnt trust my eyes as it seems that Tapakah has no longer any points. All of his subs disappeared.

So what's up here? I guess Im missing something here for sure...

Irrecoverable loss for OC world. He is sure get one of the greatest enthusiasts and overclocker the world has ever had, if not the greatest. Unspeakably sorry I wiped all his work that surely no one would ever happen again. unbelievable to me that none of the vendors did not want to hire this man, a man who has the most experience with hardware in the world. People with less knowledge they get a lot more support from him which is really incredible and devastating for me, I can only imagine how it.

That's what I meant, yes. He is well known and recognized in the community.

Sam, personally I don't care about your other points with more recent hardware, but you should have left your s.A, s.939 and s.AM2 scores.

Now these rankings lost another big % of value, after Karl's s.A scores were gone :(

• Crew
... but you should have left your s.A, s.939 and s.AM2 scores.

Now these rankings lost another big % of value, after Karl's s.A scores were gone :(

This is _exactly_ what Im thinking.

I would really wish that we even can get Karls results back. Its about seeing whats possible, seeing what can be done. And a motivation to push even further. Now all these great scores are lost forever.

Isnt there a solution where those results could still stay in the db? And that time really without points. Not the resolution like we have now, where you disable points for you but actually still take points from your follower.

Anyway its still very sad when someone leaves OC community

The scores are still in the database, both Karl's and Sam's. They've not been deleted.

As for Karl's, he made the request to make the scores invisible before his passing. Sam also asked to make them invisible (I believe). We can disable the points for the submission, and I don't think they would take points for other users. I need to check that, though ... can't remember exactly.

This is _exactly_ what Im thinking.

I would really wish that we even can get Karls results back. Its about seeing whats possible, seeing what can be done. And a motivation to push even further. Now all these great scores are lost forever.

Exactly. It was always motivating trying to beat those results.

I wanted to go through my s.A collection and bench every single model I have, but after some of the best scores are now gone, it's not so rewarding if I get the 1st place.

There are still some old scores left, like tiborrr's and from older generation overclockers, but these rankings lost a big part of their value.

Same applies to old intel sockets, but I'm concentrated at AMD only.

I would be glad if there's a way those scores can be made visible again (both Sam's and Karl's) without points. Unfortunately we can't ask Karl for permission :/

Exactly.... and that's why I think Karl's scores should stay hidden. It's what he wanted and it unintentionally became a dying wish. One of his reasons was deeply personal and I 100% feel that it would be disrespectful to go against it.

Edited by K404

plz dont get this to be a last wish to not show your results.

this is internet and look how hard it is to delete something personal from google or other open places.

i would wish we all can see the results-dead or not-why would karl not be proud to show his??

ma father died 20 years ago-not possible to erase his history.

maybe we can ask mat what his family thinks?

• Crew

We might make some sort of "ghost scores". Well, pretty much like in the old race games when you chase your own shadow going it's best lap.

Unfortunately losses to the community will grow through time (i.e leaving the stage). Maybe it's a good time to think ahead.

Sam told me the reasons during computex. Well don't get me wrong but you should not expect that a high ranking will guarantee a job in this industry. It might be a bonus but it's for sure not a reference to get a job (unless it's just inhouse benching).

About Karl we won't bring his scores back. I talked to him personally before he decided to disable his scores and he was 100% serious. It's disrespectful to bring them back.

Failure to obtain a job in the hardware industry, even one that is not related to overclocking, is only one of the subreasons why I decided to part with the competitive side of it (e.g. hwbot). The main reason is money. I haven't been doing too well financially for the last couple of years and I no longer see any overclocking direction where I could entertain myself on the cheap: my 2D hardware points are at a dead end, 3D hardware points are too expensive since most point-heavy cards are still CPU-dependent and rejects are impossible to resell, the latter also counts 8.5GHz+/200%+/DDR1/DDR2 projects out, DDR3/DDR4 binning has been killed off by manufacturers seeding special kits and putting rejects on retail, etc.

Since my interest is now elsewhere, I thought it doesn't make sense to waste time on "account maintenance" and asked the staff to get it wiped ... also letting people like Alby to have a chance now :D

Sam told me the reasons during computex. Well don't get me wrong but you should not expect that a high ranking will guarantee a job in this industry. It might be a bonus but it's for sure not a reference to get a job (unless it's just inhouse benching).

About Karl we won't bring his scores back. I talked to him personally before he decided to disable his scores and he was 100% serious. It's disrespectful to bring them back.

But it would be great, I mean achieve something in IT industry now only as overclocker. Anyway as far as I understood from my own experience nobody cares about your hwpoints or current position in any league except you. So here everybody knows who is Sam even without points. But outside of community nobody )

P.S. Sorry it might be stupid from me, but who is Karl?

Karl = Turrican. :)

Sorry I thought guys mentioned another Carl, my mistake, misreading, I've read this:

About Karl we won't bring his scores back
as that
About Karl he won't bring his scores back

So that's why I've thought there is one more Karl.

Failure to obtain a job in the hardware industry, even one that is not related to overclocking, is only one of the subreasons why I decided to part with the competitive side of it (e.g. hwbot). The main reason is money. I haven't been doing too well financially for the last couple of years and I no longer see any overclocking direction where I could entertain myself on the cheap: my 2D hardware points are at a dead end, 3D hardware points are too expensive since most point-heavy cards are still CPU-dependent and rejects are impossible to resell, the latter also counts 8.5GHz+/200%+/DDR1/DDR2 projects out, DDR3/DDR4 binning has been killed off by manufacturers seeding special kits and putting rejects on retail, etc.

Since my interest is now elsewhere, I thought it doesn't make sense to waste time on "account maintenance" and asked the staff to get it wiped ... also letting people like Alby to have a chance now :D

It is a great pity that some people will not be able to see your records. For example, + 200% OC Mobile Celeron etc

You think maybe you're not aware of how much you contributed to the scene and what a pity that your results are no longer visible if at all possible I would be very grateful to you to let returning results at least for us whom you idolized him and that we want to repeat what you've done and we knew that we will never be able to repeat your results

Sam, the main motivation for me to dig out a S939 platform this winter was hunting down your A63 3000+ Venice scores. Took me a week or two just to get the top spot in Pi32M and remembering all the old tricks. I've lost a lot of interest in modern platform OC from the same reasons you mentioned, but old school HW was what I started with some 9 years ago. Your tops scores are what kept me motivated.

It's a shame that the scores get removed, especially if they are top spot. Your #1 place result is a benchmark for all for the future submissions. Unfortunately you have decided to devaluate the hwbot gold cup currency value like no other :(

I believe the category records should remain visible to the public somehow, regardless of the wish of the submitter. It's a public information.

Edited by tiborrr