HWBOT Community Forums

It's possible that a golden air chip is not golden on LN2. Atm you have to bin decent air chips and bin on LN2

In theory I heard that with Skylake we should test all chips on ln2 (air clock/voltage doesn't matter that much), but deliding all cpus is not possible for us :( I would go with Air binning and later LN2 testing with best air cpus after deliding. On the other hand, it's always like that great AC cpus are not always good on ln2 (Haswell, even some Ivy-Bridges had walls, Haswell-E have walls especially from J batches). It's hard to be extreme ocer :D

• Administrators
Hope yours isn't like mine! 1.46V for 4.8GHz. Boots 5GHz at 1.40V but no semblance of stability in sight.

I think a delid will help a LOT with the chip though. On water where my 6600K was loading at 66°C, the 6700K was loading above 90°C.

1,46v for 4,8ghz and 1,40v for 5ghz? How do you test? :confused:

• Crew

6700k L519C192 - 1.239 vid / 5ghz 1.39v boot win7 / not stable to do anything even at 1.45v.

ln2, -165 6.270ghz cinebench 1.85v. 6.3 should be fine once i managed to stop cracking paste and go to -185. No cb or CBB.

I think this is a good batch. will try bin more with Weez