HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Lol splave knows whats up..

What do you mean binning is gonna be expensive xD

Im so damn tired. And e-die is crappy you gotta go through alot of kits to get really good sticks and the pricey ones arent any better than their cheapest ones.

Hopefully there will be an equivalemt to the c16 3200 ripv for b-die though. (Cheap binnin)

Update 11hours late 1.561v dmm

rFumm1v.png

done with binning a quad kit. now just one more stick I guess since I found one that passes under 1.535vdmm

Edited by Random

Guest barbonenet
here's a glimpse of some air cooled b-die and cpu cooled by AIO, think it's ready for the 6.2 chip now?

mnqlvPV.png

Oh my goodness!!!!! That Xtu bro O_O

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

hey random just a heads up the big ocf hits a wall with 1t around 3600 use 2t for now until it gets sorted. :)

Binned the retails at 3866mhz in far slot 12-12-12-28-2t-220. 1.71 and 1.72 on the best of 8.

I think 2 were doa wtf?

I think my ocf is killing cpus. Gonna have to wait to try that out, thanks though. Started looping 04 after i gave mem voltage brought it down to under 1.6v and then i thought i hit a cb, went off for amoke break pot was at -90c from -110 or -120 cb then i splashed a lil too much ln2 heard pop(but nothing new on that pot) and then i started looping 04. So i dunno. Let it get lower temps and still... gonna pop cpu in xpower and give it a try later if its alive i will play with ocf more if not i am probably throwing it in the trash can or stripping let and hoping for rma

hey random just a heads up the big ocf hits a wall with 1t around 3600 use 2t for now until it gets sorted. :)

Binned the retails at 3866mhz in far slot 12-12-12-28-2t-220. 1.71 and 1.72 on the best of 8.

I think 2 were doa wtf?

Are we talking about the 3600c17 sticks you got yourself for X Mas, if so is this good for all 2 x 8gb B Die? I got myself a kit of 3600c16 for being a good boy this year, Ripjaws are still on the way though

Are we talking about the 3600c17 sticks you got yourself for X Mas, if so is this good for all 2 x 8gb B Die? I got myself a kit of 3600c16 for being a good boy this year, Ripjaws are still on the way though

All B-Die atm will need 2t on the OCF after 3600ish, not sure why but 32GB working great at 3700 c12 tight 2t on the big board with 6320, try with 6700k to compare with two module super tight and sky high but 4X8GB B-Die could be super fast if it clocks to 3866, or even 4000 on cold.

@Random I have slain quite a few OCF's, might be #1 killer this generation ask Nick :D

So all of these gains that you're seeing over the previous air AFR subs (closer to 5:58 and 7:20 on 5.0 and 4.0, respectively)... is that all in B-Die or did you guys come across some amazing tweak? If you can keep similar efficiency to that... your ~6.7 6700K should put you in the top 10 32M of all time. It seems Skylake is finally becoming a viable Pi platform. Any chance you'll try to make a full freq. run once you have all the ins and outs of B-Die down?

Guest Bullant

Awesome result splave

So all of these gains that you're seeing over the previous air AFR subs (closer to 5:58 and 7:20 on 5.0 and 4.0, respectively)... is that all in B-Die or did you guys come across some amazing tweak? If you can keep similar efficiency to that... your ~6.7 6700K should put you in the top 10 32M of all time. It seems Skylake is finally becoming a viable Pi platform. Any chance you'll try to make a full freq. run once you have all the ins and outs of B-Die down?

Hey bass the gains your seeing are the ocfm,its a beast of board and with the higher memory clocks from this board,one strap higher is gaining close to the 1 second.Then add in memory that run high freq while running tight trcd-tras and I'm guess couple others subs like trfc is the huge boost your seeing,trcd-tras has always been the key for effiencey on 32m.Last but not least these b-die results we see from loud and splave are from guys that know what there doing too

Yeah man it looks like it's as good as top 32m ddr3 results on air so it should be fine to do full freq 32m now on ddr4 ,well I'll try soon myself

Edit the 8gb sticks could also see a boost over 4gb sticks but someone that tested 4gb sammy to 8gb sammy all at same timings would be able to comfirm if there is boost,easy to test if you have the memory

Edited by Bullant

Little board air testing, swapped sticks ran the same clocks at slightly lower volts will try this order on cold next. Air limit lol?

5Ghz

ENVPnjA.png

4Ghz

gPQqUZW.png

and let's not forget what this thread is all about . . .

The big board!

Even with 2T and looser RTL you still only lose less than half a second, but you can also use much less voltage (1.75v) to complete 32M.

4AQTClF.png