HWBOT Community Forums

B-Die Binning

Hi,

I will answer with a question.

How do you push your memory with 1.15VccIO ?

For speeds up to 3733, maybe ( depending on several factors ) 1.20VccIO

is enough.

Above that and especially above 3800, minimum VccIO required to even boot, moreover stabilize mems is 1.25.

I know extreme clockers using LN2 on mems to go up to 1.35-1.40 when

pushing mems hard both in speed and timings.

Something is not ok from your side;)

I set vccio on 1,1v and vccsa at 1,2v. Besides that I only set cpu an memory voltage for 5GHz in this case. I know I can't seem to go higher and since it doesn't limit me with my mems I don't go any higher.

Even 4GHz memory speed is possible with these settings.

And now I think of it, 4,2GHz 2t cas14 as well.

And something isn't ok for sure.

Guest george.kokovinis
I set vccio on 1,1v and vccsa at 1,2v. Besides that I only set cpu an memory voltage for 5GHz in this case. I know I can't seem to go higher and since it doesn't limit me with my mems I don't go any higher.

Even 4GHz memory speed is possible with these settings.

And now I think of it, 4,2GHz 2t cas14 as well.

And something isn't ok for sure.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/s1d3wtulam1bku7/ocguide0722c.pdf

Expert's talk and writing.

Asus instructions for Z170 OC.

Not mine.

One hour testing with memtest or Alda64 for cache and memory reveils

many surprises.

Short benchmarks do not.

With friendly regards:)

I think I saw this 1 or 2 months ago. It is a good guide but the Asus names limit it.

Edit: I tried the latest bios version since I flashed it a few days ago.

And...works like a charm....

Setting voltage above 1.150v for VCCIO was not possible.

I do still have the bug that after a few changes in the BIOS I have to load defaults again before I can change anything and expect it to still boot.

Edit2 (14:07): I do have a question about RTL settings.

When I look at the settings I see (example):

RTL (CHA A) D0 = 67

RTL (CHA A) D1 = 58

How can I set D0 or D1 seperatly?

There is only 1 value I can set in Bios for the both of them.

Edited by Sparks.nl

B-die is pretty weak IC ,I see a lot of posts about IMC being weak ..that's BS they just weak IC and you need to bin crap-load for 4000c12 which means absolutely nothing if you can't get your secondary and thirds tight

Tested 3600c16,3600c17 and now I'm running 4000 Geil kit (OP shows 4133 kit -I don't think this are B-Die ,more like E)

if you can't run 32M stable in 32bit OS might as well send them back ,good luck finding the right kit

Edit;two DIMM board is a must to get you money's worth with B-bs

Edited by coolhand411

B-die is pretty weak IC ,(OP shows 4133 kit -I don't think this are B-Die ,more like E) if you can't run 32M stable in 32bit OS might as well send them back ,good luck finding the right kit

Like these sticks ?

sDqNQyg.png

Looks like B Die to me

Ta5rRxj.png

Yep, sure are....... and yes I NEED a two dimmer bad. B die is a headache to say the least

kR1oXJ2.png

• Like 1

I think I saw this 1 or 2 months ago. It is a good guide but the Asus names limit it.

Edit: I tried the latest bios version since I flashed it a few days ago.

And...works like a charm....

Setting voltage above 1.150v for VCCIO was not possible.

I do still have the bug that after a few changes in the BIOS I have to load defaults again before I can change anything and expect it to still boot.

Edit2 (14:07): I do have a question about RTL settings.

When I look at the settings I see (example):

RTL (CHA A) D0 = 67

RTL (CHA A) D1 = 58

How can I set D0 or D1 seperatly?

There is only 1 value I can set in Bios for the both of them.

The D0 = 67 is the initial rtl timing when using two dimms, really no need to mess with these though I believe you can on Asrock OCF. Im sure Bullant will chime in with a clearer, more definitive answer eventually. He is the RTL/IOL master :)

For RTL on ocf just adjust the IOL tune (can't remember exact name but it's below IOL's). Stock is 21 21 when on auto. Set 21 21 manual, reboot, check rtl/iol trained correctly. Bump both in tandem one at a time till no boot then drop one. On 6320 @3840c11 1t i could run them 27 26 making 1-2 iol. (1.8vdimm). (XTU, didn't check 32m)

As far as IMC goes, yes it does make a difference. On the 6320 i used for xtu i could run 3953 1t, on the 6700k that went in next i couldn't even do 3866 div on same boards. Be checking with another 6700 this weekend.

Totally agree on 2 dimm board, one div higher no problem.

• Administrators

14 kits so far, all gskill, one doa, two failed specs, one died after a couple of weeks, two failed 3600 12-12, one failed 3866 12-12, other seven still alive, 3866 12-12 worked and 4K 12-12 32m xp on four or five of these. In fact biggest money burn ever at average european price of 200 euros plus shipping, I have four kits on the road and then I will either wait for other vendors with better quality control or skip ddr4 binning, I have a good overview now and I am really tired of binning overprized crap

Guest george.kokovinis
14 kits so far, all gskill, one doa, two failed specs, one died after a couple of weeks, two failed 3600 12-12, one failed 3866 12-12, other seven still alive, 3866 12-12 worked and 4K 12-12 32m xp on four or five of these. In fact biggest money burn ever at average european price of 200 euros plus shipping, I have four kits on the road and then I will either wait for other vendors with better quality control or skip ddr4 binning, I have a good overview now and I am really tired of binning overprized crap

+1000:celebration:

:ws::ws::ws:

Guest Bullant

Tested 2 kits of retail 3600 cl17 so far on hot air 30c one kit does 32m with waza 4000 12.12.12 200 trfc and all other subs tight,this kit also seem quite strong with trcd-trp.The other kit only tested quickly does all the same but 3866 12-12-12,need to test these little more

For Pi 32m going cold on these memory's helps very little but does help, Ive achieved couple things on cold like 4133 cl12 run and 4000 12-11-11 run but cold on these memory's are not easy at what ever temps your trying.

Great memory's tho,I really like them,can only get better i think

Edited by Bullant

Guest george.kokovinis
Tested 2 kits of retail 3600 cl17 so far on hot air 30c one kit does 32m with waza 4000 12.12.12 200 trfc and all other subs tight @ 1.95v bios set,scales to 2v bios set,this kit also seem quite strong with trcd-trp.The other kit only tested quickly does all the same but 3866 12-12-12 @ 1.85v bios set,need to test these little more

For Pi 32m going cold on these memory's helps very little but does help, Ive achieved couple things on cold like 4133 cl12 run and 4000 12-11-11 run but cold on these memory's are not easy at what ever temps your trying.

Great memory's tho,I really like them,can only get better i think

Extremely far from being a memory expert.

Just wish to verify your findings.

I had two sets of 3600/cas16 and they were absolutely garbage.

Websmile ( Michael ), sold me a set of cas17.

On OCF, they easily did 4000/12-12-12-28-220 with very tight subs and 1.9V set in bios. On air.

Very stable, whatever I threw at them.

Just my 0.02 cents.:)

Guest Bullant
Extremely far from being a memory expert.

Just wish to verify your findings.

I had two sets of 3600/cas16 and they were absolutely garbage.

Websmile ( Michael ), sold me a set of cas17.

On OCF, they easily did 4000/12-12-12-28-220 with very tight subs and 1.9V set in bios. On air.

Very stable, whatever I threw at them.

Just my 0.02 cents.:)

Yeah mate,maybe the 3600 cl17 kits are better choice over the cl16 kits

Mine can also do 4000 12-11-11-28-220 2T with 1.83V tight profile from bios, but fail with wazza. XTU no problem even tighter..but on i3, haven't tried on my i7.

Also easy 3866 1T tight with 1.73V from bios and tighter than bios profile.

Still working on 1980 12-12-12-28 1T for 32M, but it is hard on OCF.

I only tried 32M with 5/5 CPU 1.6V, direct die cooling, so that might be the problem... the CPU is too bad and hard to stabilize at 5/5 on AIO :(

PS: 3600C17.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed