HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

With voltage settings on page 1 or any other voltage I can't boot to Windows with -100C where I could with -50C.

I am still looking, but does anyone have an idea?

Blue screens all over the place.

Edit: -50 was with stock voltages

What voltages are you speaking of?

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

Cracked tim ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

Nope possibly defective sata port on the Intel controller or just some weirdness once you go cold idk. I noticed this issue on one of my particular boards and thought I had a bad SATA cable and or SSD or that my OS was possibly thrashed.

But simply moving the SATA cable from the top first Intel SATA port located closest to the 24 pin to any other port seems to fix it and everything boots fine. The weird thing is that it's not reproducible easily for me and reboot usually fixes it allowing the OS to boot on that top left Intel port. Maybe something with the PCH idk I'm not an electrical engineer lol. Good thing I notice this weird shit and I am not the only one it affects.

I have had enough bad luck with hardware lately.

Let's not challenge it.

Edit: Now I think of it, I did have one win.

I placed my defective sensor (strange temp issue beyond -140C) as a backup sensor.

Both sensors were fine untill -185C.

Edited by Sparks.nl

• 4 weeks later...
I did try uninstalling and reinstalling on Win7, Win10 and XP64 but had no luck. I first encountered the problem when I enable ln2 mode and it persists even with ln2 mode disabled. I should mention this is with the full size OC Formula.

Yo do any of the voltages look different then what you set in bios? on z97 AFD limits on some versions were lower than what you could set in bios so pressing apply even without changing anything would make it freeze.

Yo do any of the voltages look different then what you set in bios? on z97 AFD limits on some versions were lower than what you could set in bios so pressing apply even without changing anything would make it freeze.

That was it! The VCC PLL Voltage setting was the problem.

Big Thanks!!!

Edited by MetalRacer

• 3 weeks later...