HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Is there any version of Rapid oc tool which works with win xp 32b and win 7 x64 ?

Also formula drive for win xp 32b ?

Any update on the first post would be awesome,not to go through the whole 39 pages to find what i'm looking for.

Many thanks !

• Members

Had a slightly weird issue where the board would 00 a couple of times the other day whilst doing some basic air testing with the cpu at stock (or close enough), and turning the PSU off then on again would normally allow it to post as normal, any ideas? :/

Hoping to take the board cold this week so don't want to waste time/ln2 dealing with stuff like that if I can help it.

Which one ? Can you .rar your version and put a download link in here ?

Also do you use something similar in win xp with what it is in the picture for monitoring voltages/temps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All AFD are XP compatible, but since you are on Kaby, use this

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=472230&postcount=323

You can monitor temps from within AFD, it has a monitoring tab. You can also use RealTempGT (I think, been a while since I tried in XP).

I think that small tooltip like thingy is something you can find in AFD, but not 100% sure.

Had a slightly weird issue where the board would 00 a couple of times the other day whilst doing some basic air testing with the cpu at stock (or close enough), and turning the PSU off then on again would normally allow it to post as normal, any ideas? :/

Hoping to take the board cold this week so don't want to waste time/ln2 dealing with stuff like that if I can help it.

Were you pushing RAM?

Seen plenty of 00 during mem training. Nothing to worry about.

Edited by rtsurfer

• Members
Were you pushing RAM?

Seen plenty of 00 during mem training. Nothing to worry about.

I was trying the preset for 4k air tight of whatever it's called, which once in windows seemed to be fine (only quickly tested XTU to try and get an idea of how it works for Div1 and Maxmem because I've never run it before :P)

I think in general I just don't get this memory training thing, is it a new way of doing things compared to past generations? (s775 is the last generation I spent any time with at all so I'm a bit out of date :P)

But thanks, I didn't think the board was bad, was just unsure if I was doing something stupid with all the new (to me) options in the BIOS etc :P

Now just need to find an XP that I can install on it before Thursday....

• Members

Thanks, nabbed those a couple of weeks ago before realising I need acronis :P

May just try to get that/ghost since they seem to be preferred in general due to being quicker/easier in theory.

Was also meaning for 3D, got a couple of XP images, but I think they don't have the oemthingy flag so moan when I try to use the firadisk thing when installing.

Edited by GeorgeStorm

All AFD are XP compatible, but since you are on Kaby, use this

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=472230&postcount=323

You can monitor temps from within AFD, it has a monitoring tab. You can also use RealTempGT (I think, been a while since I tried in XP).

I think that small tooltip like thingy is something you can find in AFD, but not 100% sure.

I will try that one because all the versions from official site give me error on winxp and rapic oc doesn't work on xp or win7.

That tooltip is what i made with Hardware monitor in win7,it has gadget where you can show what you are interested ,like voltages for ram,cpu etc,in screenshot it is interesting to see these details as well.

And Afd ocupies too much space on desktop,to show something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, nabbed those a couple of weeks ago before realising I need acronis [emoji14]

May just try to get that/ghost since they seem to be preferred in general due to being quicker/easier in theory.

Was also meaning for 3D, got a couple of XP images, but I think they don't have the oemthingy flag so moan when I try to use the firadisk thing when installing.

My xp32 is fine for 3d as well...

Sent from my SUPER using Tapatalk

• Members

Well had my first go with this board cold (and first time with the board properly at all actually) didn't have too much luck, and think I ended up with a crack possibly as towards the end the bios starting freezing and I noticed I showed positive temps for the CPU.

I had another quick go this morning (as I wanted to get some scores for the Challenger Div1 comp) and as soon as I tried restarting with 5.5 at 1.7vish at around -100 the bios froze and I saw positive temps in the BIOS again so I just shut down and accepted I won't be entering the comp haha, so I was just wondering on the reliability of that reading, and whether there's anything I can do if it happens or I just have to call it and try again another time?

I also had this weird bug where all of the text in AFD disappeared, so I could see what each of the sliders were changing, their values etc and reinstalling it didn't help, anyone had that before?

The text was there after I first installed but wasn't after a crash or two.

Edited by GeorgeStorm

not z170 moc formula bios

bios 740d oc formula not m

straight from Sensei Shih,

" MOCF newbios , improve B die tight timing training . "

picx.xfastest.com/nickshih/asrock/Z17MOCF740D.rar

If you need for Z170 OC Formula official Asrock site has 7.40, never seen 740D for OCF. for m I just modify link above with bios I need

ASRock > Z170 OC Formula

Edited by GtiJason

• 4 weeks later...
Guest luigimedda22
Can I request 7.40D for big OCF also ?

On Asrock Z170 OCF Beta zone it have 7.40D and 7.21B for download but after extract files it show Z17MOCF not Z17OCF thus BIOS files can't detect in instant flash.

Only official for big ocf with support for kabylake, 7.40 on ASRock > Z170 OC Formula

Edited by luigimedda22

• 5 weeks later...

Cold MOCF + 3D: Should DMI be 1.800v - 1.900v when going fullpot with high OC gpu? if so boot at 2d and set in OS ?

I've been benching 2d at 1.45v or slightly less with cpu pll at 1.65v ish and vcc pll at 1.6v on 7600k. Any and all advice greatly appreciated :D