HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Ugh...no fun today :(

Had issues with the losing the sata even during stock. Re-flashed the bios. Got it working (not sure how but whatever...seems inconsistent) and started the slow pour. Sat in bios until -80C, did the settings and save/exit. System struggled a bit (losing the sata drive again) but after about the 5th try...the system started with the 19>00>4C>00>19 cycling again. :(

What the heck???

Had issues with the losing the sata even during stock. Re-flashed the bios. Got it working (not sure how but whatever...seems inconsistent) and started the slow pour. Sat in bios until -80C, did the settings and save/exit. System struggled a bit (losing the sata drive again) but after about the 5th try...the system started with the 19>00>4C>00>19 cycling again. :(

What the heck???

100% something in mem slot, like paper.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Any tips for max memory clock? I can't get above 3370, I get that clock with any VCCSA and VCCIO in 1.2v and 1.35v range, any vDimm between 1.6 and 1.9v, and even timings from C16 to C31, tried different mem multipliers and also couldn't go higher.

Most 2nd timings and all 3rd timings are auto, maybe that's the problem?

Leaving on auto shouldnt be the problem, this board is really nice and easy with auto and the profiles.

Did you try any of the memory profiles, what memory are you using?

Leaving on auto shouldnt be the problem, this board is really nice and easy with auto and the profiles.

Did you try any of the memory profiles, what memory are you using?

3600 C16 B-Die, a good kit that runs above 4133 12-11 50/51 on AIO CPU (No cold IMC), tried all I mentioned above and also tried 3 different CPUs with good IMCs (All run 4133 12-11), but can't go higher than 4360MHz. Like I said, I reached that frequency even at C16, but cant go higher at any timings.

Using 1.25 VCCIO, 1.35 VCCSA, both PLL voltages at 1.25v, and like I said before, vDimm from 1.6v to 1.9v didn't change anything.

• Sad 1

3600 C16 B-Die, a good kit that runs above 4133 12-11 50/51 on AIO CPU (No cold IMC), tried all I mentioned above and also tried 3 different CPUs with good IMCs (All run 4133 12-11), but can't go higher than 4360MHz. Like I said, I reached that frequency even at C16, but cant go higher at any timings.

Using 1.25 VCCIO, 1.35 VCCSA, both PLL voltages at 1.25v, and like I said before, vDimm from 1.6v to 1.9v didn't change anything.

did you try auto on vccsa and vccio

What the heck???

Debug code 19 is pre memory initialization i think, like PCH, did you try -100 C?

Any tips for max memory clock? I can't get above 3370, I get that clock with any VCCSA and VCCIO in 1.2v and 1.35v range, any vDimm between 1.6 and 1.9v, and even timings from C16 to C31, tried different mem multipliers and also couldn't go higher.

Most 2nd timings and all 3rd timings are auto, maybe that's the problem?

Try both slots, single dimm I assume

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a Z170M OCF board and received it the other day and have it up and running with a 6700k processor.

Everything is working fine, except I have noticed that in both the bios and formula drive app, it is showing the Cpu Vcore Volts as 4.080 volts. However in cpuz and hwmonitor, they both show the correct cpu volts.

I thought it may be a corrupt bios, so I have reflashed the bios and have tried both the latest version and the previous version, yet it still shows 4.080 volts.

I have also tried the bios reset button and have removed the battery for an hour, but no change.

Everything with board works perfectly, but this one anomaly. Has anyone come across this issue with this board and if so, is there a fix or do I need to RMA the board ?

Below is screenshots of the bios and cpuz and hwmonitor, so you can see what i'm describing. All settings in the bios are at the defaults settings.

I just bought a Z170M OCF board and received it the other day and have it up and running with a 6700k processor.

Everything is working fine, except I have noticed that in both the bios and formula drive app, it is showing the Cpu Vcore Volts as 4.080 volts. However in cpuz and hwmonitor, they both show the correct cpu volts.

I thought it may be a corrupt bios, so I have reflashed the bios and have tried both the latest version and the previous version, yet it still shows 4.080 volts.

I have also tried the bios reset button and have removed the battery for an hour, but no change.

Everything with board works perfectly, but this one anomaly. Has anyone come across this issue with this board and if so, is there a fix or do I need to RMA the board ?

Below is screenshots of the bios and cpuz and hwmonitor, so you can see what i'm describing. All settings in the bios are at the defaults settings.

Thats pretty crazy, have you got a digital mutimeter ? If so check the voltage points on the board to see what it really is. Software is not to be trusted. Are you positive the bios you flashed is for the M OCF, I bet it is but this is strange. I would pull 24pin remove cmos battery and move the clear cmos jumper over one pin to clear cmos for real. Check manual if un familiar. After 10 minutes I would do full re flash to the best bios in my opinion. BIOS no. 131 and maybe even do the mei flash tho shouldn't be needed

GREEN CIRCLES

z1Ob0R1.png

Edited by GtiJason

Thats pretty crazy, have you got a digital mutimeter ? If so check the voltage points on the board to see what it really is. Software is not to be trusted. Are you positive the bios you flashed is for the M OCF, I bet it is but this is strange. I would pull 24pin remove cmos battery and move the clear cmos jumper over one pin to clear cmos for real. Check manual if un familiar. After 10 minutes I would do full re flash to the best bios in my opinion. BIOS no. 131 and maybe even do the mei flash tho shouldn't be needed

GREEN CIRCLES

Thanks for your reply. I tried everything you suggested and still no difference, still showing 4.080 volts in the bios and in formula drive app.

Checked with a multimeter and when in bios, cpu vcore volts are 1.18 volts and when in windows its between 0.90-1.00 volts when idling and when running prime95, it shows 1.22 volts on the multimeter.

As I said, everything appears to be working fine and its stable in Prime95 as well.

Just don't know why its showing 4.080 volts in bios and then I assume formula drive is just reading from the bios, so it shows the same thing.

Any other possible ideas or should I RMA the board or is there maybe a setting in the bios that is needing to be changed????

Further to my issue of Vcore Voltage at 4.080 volts, I tried overclocking the cpu to 4.5ghz and set the cpu volts to 1.3 volts in the bios, using fixed volts.

It booted up into Windows just fine and was completely stable, however it was still showing 4.080 volts in the bios hardware monitor and in formula drive app.

But this time in cpuz and hwmonitor, the cpu vid volts was showing as 1.195 volts and was not fluctuating at all.

I then checked the cpu volts with a multimeter and it was showing 1.29 volts.

I ran Prime95 and the cpu vid volts in cpuz and hwmonitor, stayed at 1.195, yet on the multimeter it was still showing 1.29 volts.

I don't know what to make of it, is the board faulty for showing 4.080 volts in the bios and formula drive, or is it some sort of bios software issue/bug that can be resolved with an update of some kind, since it seems to show the correct voltage on a multimeter, through the boards voltage points, which I assume is reading the cpu vcore volts from the cpu sensors ?

Should I RMA the board ?

Why? IT is only a display error,if everything works correctly no need to RMA in my opinion.

Yes it does appear to be a display error, but the fact that the cpu vcore voltage is behaving the way it does through the bios and through cpuz and hwmonitor, and even more strangely when I overclock the cpu, is what is concerning me.

When looking at everyone's screenshots in the thread, none of them are exhibiting that display error at all, so something must not be right, but I don't know if it is a hardware error or a software bios error.

• Administrators

Just because it is not displayed doesn´t mean it doesn´t happen :D - on my board regularly vdimm measuring fails now or displays weird values, also temp monitoring is not working correctly, I already flashed other BIOS versions, reflashed to old BIOS, flashed MEI several times. The problem is not solved...

Edited by websmile

Just because it is not displayed doesn´t mean it doesn´t happen :D - on my board regularly vdimm measuring fails now or displays weird values, also temp monitoring is not working correctly, I already flashed other BIOS versions, reflashed to old BIOS, flashed MEI several times. The problem is not solved...

Oh ok so you are experiencing display issues as well. Does everything still run fine on your board regardless of the display errors ?

Would you say it is a bios software issue or a hardware board issue that could be causing these weird display problems, such as I'm getting with the 4.080 volts for vcore in the bios hardware monitor section?