HWBOT Community Forums

Scammed by NCspecV81?

marc0053

Hi all,

I purchased the following from @NCspecV81 on June 17 and paid PayPal gift for $750 USD http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=170749

His for sale add did look a bit sketchy the way he phrased the payment method but he is in our overclock.net private skype chat so I figured it was legit. based on his previous sales he also looked legit. Overclock.net

It took him 2 weeks to ship after but did not provide tracking#. 2 weeks after that I contacted him saying I never received so on my end I checked the local post office if they had something for me and nothing. Ryan offered to refund me around July 7 but he never did and now not answering PMs through facebook, hwbot forum, overclock.net, etc. I feel I've been scammed since he does go on facebook several times a day but ignores my PMs.

I've been scammed in the past by Scott Dumper (Cascade) and others that seem to have good reputation in our small OC community but now know there are scammers everywhere so be very cautious.

Going forward I'll only use PayPal payment for good and services and will add extra to cover the fees so seller doesn't pay them.

I hope this story can help others stay safe in the marketplace.

Edited by marc0053

Go to your bank and say that it was a unaproved transaction on that specific date. Paypal never argues with bank,you will get your money back even if it was a gift.

Say the account was hijacked and you didn't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guest Wimpzilla

Hello sir,

If i can suggest humbly, you should also denounce it to the police as internet scam. So they can open an investigation.

If you provide all the data he gave you, even few of them, the police could do something, especially if this person as the habit to scam. There is some chance that they get him down. The internet affair of the police is quite nice for these kind of issues.

I have been scammed also for a cpu/mb combo, i denounced him and they get him down because he was scamming also other.

Guest cat1092
Go to your bank and say that it was a unaproved transaction on that specific date. Paypal never argues with bank,you will get your money back even if it was a gift.

Say the account was hijacked and you didn't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Normally one has great protection with PayPal, as long as the payment wasn't declared as a gift.:)

Anyone who does like this on forums where these type of trades are allowed should be banned for LIFE!:mad:

Good Luck in getting your refund & don't delay in reporting to PayPal, give all of the details requested so that they can make a decision. If you have snapshots of any transaction, provide these as evidence.

Cat

I'm hopeful that this will get resolved to Marc's satisfaction fairly soon. I don't think NCspecV81 / Poon_flavored_Tang wants to be known as a scammer and believe this is similar to my situation with "Roy" and my SS. Hope it doesn't have to go to the court system level but have the info needed if so and have no problem flying out to east coast to represent Marc.

Still, we do have a problem in our community. I've experienced it and at least half of the OC'ers I talk to daily have as well.

I believe it's important for us to share this information openly not only to help friends recover losses but to warn others of potential scammers, weed out the bad seeds and allow both parties to state there case while those not involved can act as moderators.

That being said, this is not the only problem our friend Marc is challenged with and has considered disappearing from our scene with great cause.

I know this summer he has lost up to 3x as much as this instance from OP and a lot of that is from a well know previous scammer who decided not to show his face at the 2016 Worlds in Berlin. Yes Hazzan is STILL scamming people and owes Marc $1000 usd, if anyone still talks to him let him know that another thread about his shady antics has begun.

• Administrators

I sent the guy a pm two days ago to ask for response to this thread, the accusations and for tracking to be provided and proof of shipping. No response, so at first step (he hasn´t been logged in for over two weeks) I removed his marketplace access. I will wait how things develop here and if I do not get a reply or see a solution here I will ban him. Sad that a 10 year member is behaving this way, and at ocn his feedback is acceptable, but people change sometimes

Guest Wimpzilla
I sent the guy a pm two days ago to ask for response to this thread, the accusations and for tracking to be provided and proof of shipping. No response, so at first step (he hasn´t been logged in for over two weeks) I removed his marketplace access. I will wait how things develop here and if I do not get a reply or see a solution here I will ban him. Sad that a 10 year member is behaving this way, and at ocn his feedback is acceptable, but people change sometimes

There is also the remote possibility that the guy account has been hijacked, so one malicious person is using the 10 years ocn/hwbot forum user credentials to scam others on forum.

A good thing would be to report it also to ocn forum, see if answer there maybe? Check his ocn activity?

One always hope that people change for better behaviors, unfortunately sometimes is the opposite.

Wish you the best for this annoying issue.

He's been banned from OCN for many years, but nothing in relation to scamming or anything like that. @Wimpzilla, It's definitely him as he was in our private chat for a while and was talking to me about trying to get the ban lifted.

He was a great OCN teammate many years back and I would never see him as a scammer, but I guess people change.

Ya scamming really sucks. Can really throw off your benching plans if on a budget. I spent all my kaby money on a $1200 cpu that came with 3 cracks and never did it's rated speed. Didnt have enough to buy another one after that and just got frustrated and took a long break. Really un-motivates you.

Last week I called him out on facebook with a link to this thread and he responded to me immediately saying he was trying to get reimbursed from another deal before he could pay me and reassured me it would be solved by last week-end. I tried contacting him on facebook again yesterday and he ignores me again. This is the 4th bad deal of this scale I went through in the last 2 months alone (3 hwbot members + 1 local deal) and definitely unmotivated to continue anything computer related going in the future.

• Administrators

Seems the case will be not cleared here - maybe take a lawyer. I banned the seller from marketplace and indefinitely from hwbot, his access at forum is still valid for some weeks if he decides to contact you here and solve the issue in a civilized manner. Then I will ban him from this as well because hwbot is not tolerating this behaviour and obvious scam at all.

• Administrators
That's not a good idea, your bank may get ahold of PayPal and PayPal my give info the proves otherwise.

His best bet is to tell the bank the goods he bought never arrived. But PayPal can put a big red X on his account and hound him for the money back. Even put a bad mark on his credit.

Also OP be sure to file a IC3 and if the items were ship VIA usps file a mail fraud report.

However marc0053 you did this to himself by paying for something via PayPal gift. This is not allowed by PayPal, infact if PayPal finds out they will probably ban you and your bank account. You scammed PayPal out the frees for the transaction.

You had it coming for doing this, its a hard lesson to learn but I hope you learns it.

Infact if you did not pay with PayPal gift he could have filed a INR case and gotten his money back.

That all aside We (mods, admins, NCspecV81 and marc0053 aside) Don't truly know what all happened, and mods and admins can only see the PM and posts .

Without NCspecV81 side of the story boing told we don't know for sure what happened. For all we know NCspecV81 wanted to save a few dollars and sent the items out with out tracking and marc0053 got the items but wants to ask like this is a INR case to get his money back and keep the items.

Ether way it would be a good idea to temp ban NCspecV81 from the market place incase if marc0053 is telling the truth and was scammed, at lest until NCspecV81 tell his side of the story. That and keep and eye on marc0053.

This is not the first time you write irresponsible stuff here at the forums... so you say marc0053 got the item and wants to get his money back on top? How logical is it then he paid with gift option that doesn´t offer paypal protection? Wouldn´t he pay normal way to scam the seller if he plans to scam like this?

And that someone sends a 750 dollar item without tracking and thereby risks losing all is a ridiculous assumption that leaves me speechless, especially when you see it is an experienced seller/trader at OCN already 7 years ago and obviously also other forums.

Your post is absolutely not helpful, and this is not the first time I see this. FYI, NCspecV81 received a pm around 10 days ago, I sent him an email as well at which I asked for clarification on the issue and I got no response, which looks a lot like what marc0053 wrote about the way the issue was handled by the seller when he tried to clear the topic. On top, NCspecV81 now wasnt online here for more than 4 weeks which is a clear hint he has no interest in clearing the issue where it started, and he is already banned from marketplace and also from hwbot except for forums preliminarily.

He had and still has all options to explain himself and the deal here, if he doesn´t bother to do it is a clear indicator for what happened.

Maybe read the topic next time before you leave an unqualified comment, the only part that makes sense at your post is the paypal issue, and this is why I did not delete it ;)