HWBOT Community Forums

The official GRIFF Old School Cup Round 2 thread.

GRIFF

Since you have hot systems, I give you two clues:
register 50 set ED
register 51 set D5
register 52 set 88
register 64,65,66,67 set 13

Works on any VIA chipset starting from socket 7

Edited by GRIFF
  • Like 2

• Crew
7 hours ago, GRIFF said:

Works on any VIA chipset starting from socket 7

Not KT - 50-52 are not host bus like on others but are S2K, bus disconnect and others things. But yes, on other systems (s7, 370, 478) these are the main ones.

7 hours ago, GRIFF said:

register 64,65,66,67 set 13

of course. And 1T set as well.

7 hours ago, GRIFF said:

But what did you change the registers for having a boost of performance?

Timings set from BIOS, command rate set via registers. Nothing else - didn't give much boost. KT266A is faster by itself than KT266 and I believe than SiS 735.

Edited by Antinomy
  • Like 2

Hi everyone.  Quickly checking the results even before the end of the competition I realized that the background of @Skydec is that of the first round.  In theory his results of pifast, super 32M and 3DM01 are not valid.  The problem I encountered is that on the Leaderboard page there is only a background of the first round.  What do you do?

Hi.

Sorry I was not able to rerun my tests, I had a lot of work to do in my free time during last month, thats why I benched and posted my results as soon as the competiton started.

Competition started on 15th, I benched on 17th and 18th and posted results on 18th. The official round 2 background was posted on 19th. I used the available round 1 background as it was the only one available at the time. 

All my results from round 2 are with round 1 background.

Edited by skydec
all results

Being that it at least had a backround current for the time of the contest, and we all know each other, I don't see this as a problem.

Hope I'm not the only one that see's it like that. We are a very small group, we need to stick together. No need to be cut throat.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...