HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus XII Apex

3 minutes ago, chispy said:

Thank you for the fast response my friend.  The one at the first page says it's for windows xp , does this ahci driver works for W7  also ? Intel usb ports are not working for me , giving me errors and just refuse to work. If you or anyone has any other alternate drivers please post them here , it will be greatly appreciate it . 

Kind Regards: Angelo

it shoots an issue after driver installation (and restart) if u dont have digital signature off.
Still needs to be tested but what might work is to disable secure boot in bios so you can disable dig signature in OS.
Might find to try this out tonight.

Edited by FireKillerGR
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, FireKillerGR said:

it shoots an issue after driver installation (and restart) if u dont have digital signature off.
Still needs to be tested but what might work is to disable secure boot in bios so you can disable dig signature in OS.
Might find to try this out tonight.

Finally the right Intel usb driver installed some entries + the correct driver for this usb ports ? and now all Intel usb ports are working flawlessly even after reboot and no need to disable driver signature anywhere ,  it just works , the answer is the drivers posted by @noizemaker

@FireKillerGR would you be so kind and update the drivers for W7 on the first page ? appreciate it all the help and work on this thread of yours , thank you .

Thank you so much guys , no more mambo jambo and jumping hoops , this driver installed flawlessly. I will test on xp later today and post feedback if it works :) , now i can sleep lol ... Angelo out !

ok.png

ok2.png

Edited by chispy
  • Like 3

Have any of you guys run into this bug ?  Asus Turbo v freeze the whole pc if i boot with HT disable and only 2 cores active for me on w7 ( does not happens when all cores are active and HT On ). I'm doing some initial testing and tweaking but Turbo V app always has this bug for me ( it's no fun trying to boot 2 cores no HT at 6.1~6.2Ghz on SS at -52c ) . Does anyone knows how to make it work or a new version with a fix ? i'm using 1.10.07 the one posted here at the first page. Last year we had some similar bugs with Turbo V on Z390 Apex xi and Elmor stepped in and helped me a lot , he could replicate that bug , hence a new Asus Turbo V app. was released with bug fixes. Any ideas ?

2 hours ago, chispy said:

Have any of you guys run into this bug ?  Asus Turbo v freeze the whole pc if i boot with HT disable and only 2 cores active for me on w7 ( does not happens when all cores are active and HT On ). I'm doing some initial testing and tweaking but Turbo V app always has this bug for me ( it's no fun trying to boot 2 cores no HT at 6.1~6.2Ghz on SS at -52c ) . Does anyone knows how to make it work or a new version with a fix ? i'm using 1.10.07 the one posted here at the first page. Last year we had some similar bugs with Turbo V on Z390 Apex xi and Elmor stepped in and helped me a lot , he could replicate that bug , hence a new Asus Turbo V app. was released with bug fixes. Any ideas ?

till confirmed (and fixed) u can try using this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1en7v8q11i14yx0/Ratio_Hotkey_with_V.zip?dl=0

hotkeys for multi + vcore

• Like 1

Windows xp 32bit working fine over here for 2d :) , i used the iso posted by @FireKillerGR burned into a dvd and installed that way 100% fine as firahelper was giving me way too many issues and could not installed that way thru usb. I tried my best to get usb xp drivers of intel to make it work , sadly they do not work for me and a few guys also have the same problem , i was talking with @noizemaker  about it as he also have this same problems , xp intel usb drivers are not working for old z-390 xp installation or fresh install of xp , i did try everything but it was a no go at the end. I gave up and installed my old usb 3.0 pci express card wish installed fine since it has xp support and drivers. No problem then for me on xp since i use ps2 keyboard and mouse and usb 3.0 pci express card for pen drives and usb wi-fi module for internet.

I have a question , has anyone managed to successfully install windows xp x64 bit and ran 3dmark 01 and can confirmed 01 is working on xp 64bit ? As in xp 32bit 3dmark01 does not work at all and it was confirmed already by 2 other members of my team that 3dmark01 does not work on xp 32bit and this platform :( , any ideas , help or guidance will be very welcome and appreciate it :).

I'm having trouble getting into Win7.  All cases read a little of the OS to the point of entering Windows, then immediately reboot.

BIOS is 0069 with ucode - it will boot into WIN10 and run properly.

Attempts: 

Win7 sp3 image loaded onto nvme.  Includes z390 chipset driver, also includes the usb drivers provided my Noizemaker that run z390 usb in Win 7. (another thank you  to Noizemaker)

Win7 image with x299 chipset driver loaded on the nvme.

Win7 installation ISO on a USB drive

Legit retail Win7 installation CD connected through either PCH sata or asmedia sata port.

Any help?  What am I missing?

2 hours ago, shar00750 said:

Does anyone get cb at -160 after 3 session of ln2 ? I've done 3 session full pot no problems but now can't go full pot , have cb at -160 . I tried raise pll term up to 1.8 no luck.

Oh no's, cpu is cold scared now. I do not look forward to this  myself

anyone want to try some daily mem presets? :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Voa-zBpBVtlHFAMtxLH8cMeqxFpOGaO/view?usp=sharing

These have been verified so far by testing a couple bdie kits and few micron ones.

More kits to be tested but thought to share for any of you who might be interested.

Please note that each kit/imc etc will behave differently so you might need/want to fine-tune timings and voltages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/4/2020 at 6:33 PM, shar00750 said:

Does anyone get cb at -160 after 3 session of ln2 ? I've done 3 session full pot no problems but now can't go full pot , have cb at -160 . I tried raise pll term up to 1.8 no luck.

So sorry to hear that bro :( , you are the 5th person i hear this problems occurs with comet lake cpus does not matter motherboard brand. Does anyone knows why this is happening ?

Also has anyone managed to install windows xp 64bit succesfully ? I can install xp 32bit and run 2d only if i use the chipset pci expressx16 running at 4x if i use any of the pci express lanes coming from the cpu 16x i get bsod , any idea if it needs another acpi. files or something ? or i'm just dreaming of running 3dmark01 on comet lake cpus ? I would kill 3 pink unicorns for running 01 on this platform ?