HWBOT Community Forums

Official HWBOT Team CUP 2021 thread:

Leeghoofd

• Crew

HWBOT TEAM CUP THREAD (click title  for stages)

• Due to crazy hardware prizes, no exotic/weird hardware demands
  • No mobile stage
  • Maximum of 2-3 subs per stage

ALL STAGES ARE CONFIGURED ROUGHLY, so inputs are welcome. I put the start date at the 15th of August but since we don't expect you to have to wade through Fleabay and such, maybe we can start August 1st ?

TC2021.jpg.png

TC21.jpg

• Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:
  • Due to crazy hardware prizes, no exotic/weird hardware demands
  • No mobile stage
  • Maximum of 2-3 subs per stage

ALL STAGES ARE CONFIGURED ROUGHLY, so inputs are welcome. I put the start date at the 15th of August but since we don't expect you to have to wade through Fleabay and such, maybe we can start August 1st ?

All looks good so far, and the earlier it starts the more tc I get to enjoy lol. 

Any of the Intel CPU (and all GPU) DDR stages, due to the Asrock boards and 775 CPUs.

Edit 1: Nvm, I'm an idiot for three reasons: listened to Yos (what a mistake, haha), the restrictions weren't showing on the comp pages yet, and I didn't actually mean socket adaptors.

So what I really wanted to ask was if the Asrocks boards that do silly things like DDR1 on 775, or DDR3 on 1151 are allowed?

Edit 2: Moving the start date to the 1st gives two full months as per normal, so I don't see why not tbh.

Edited by Noxinite

Okay, have a few questions about stages:

amd x265 1080p ddr2 - Is the idea to have a sub each with a single core and a dual core cpu?

intel wrpime 32m ddr - does s478 banned mean you're encouraging use of 4coredual and qx9xxx cpus?

amd 3dm01 ddr - are we supposed to have one sub with s754 and one with socket A?

catzilla 4k ddr3 amd - 2x cards or dual gpu card? Same for Nvidia 3dm06 ddr2?

nvidia nightraid ddr3 -  one each from 500, 600, 700 series?

Superpi 32m - one each from am2 and am2+? 

intel ddr3 igp 3dm05 - mobile haswell? Socket adapters?

intel ddr4 igp night raid - mobile tigerlake? Other iris pro? Maybe desktop only?

Edited by yosarianilives

On 7/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Moved Start date to 1st of August , so you have 2 months to play

Well , the two month period is for people that dont plan to take a summer holiday and stay home i guess ?

But , most people (at least in Europe) usually plan their summer holidays in August.

Take that into consideration please.

• Crew
On 7/11/2021 at 11:43 PM, yosarianilives said:

Okay, have a few questions about stages:

amd x265 1080p ddr2 - Is the idea to have a sub each with a single core and a dual core cpu? YES

intel wrpime 32m ddr - does s478 banned mean you're encouraging use of 4coredual and qx9xxx cpus? S478 is the socket of preference

amd 3dm01 ddr - are we supposed to have one sub with s754 and one with socket A? Free choice

catzilla 4k ddr3 amd - 2x cards or dual gpu card? Same for Nvidia 3dm06 ddr2? Yes max 2 GPU cores, either one dual GPU single card or SLi or Crossfire single core cards

nvidia nightraid ddr3 -  one each from 500, 600, 700 series? 1 per GPU family yes

Superpi 32m - one each from am2 and am2+? Free choice

intel ddr3 igp 3dm05 - mobile haswell? Socket adapters? As long as it is Sandy, Ivy or Haswell family based

intel ddr4 igp night raid - mobile tigerlake? Other iris pro? Maybe desktop only? Check HWBot database how they are configured, Iris Xe is PCIe4.0 when checked

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

AMD Cinebench 2003 DDR1 - are multiprocessor s940 systems allowed? Some other stages explicitly disallow more than one cpu so I assume - yes?

Intel Cinebench R23 DDR3 - are DDR3 LGA2011-3 boards with xeons allowed?

What does it mean "2 submissions required" for these stages? Different cpu in the same mobo is OK?

• Crew
7 hours ago, frag_ said:

AMD Cinebench 2003 DDR1 - are multiprocessor s940 systems allowed? Some other stages explicitly disallow more than one cpu so I assume - yes? Correct

Intel Cinebench R23 DDR3 - are DDR3 LGA2011-3 boards with xeons allowed? No Xeons for that stage

What does it mean "2 submissions required" for these stages? Different cpu in the same mobo is OK? 2 submissions per team, though 1 submission per user

7 hours ago, frag_ said:

What does it mean "2 submissions required" for these stages? Different cpu in the same mobo is OK?

Just needs to be a different model of whatever the main component is, cpu for 2d, gpu for 3d. And each sub needs to be from a different team mate. All other components can be shared. For example you can share gpu and storage for PCMark as long as cpus are different