PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

okay guys a few guys still having problem with bob tweak, easy way to do it,

1. open pcmark, then open the details tab, where you normally see the game tests displayed

2. change theme to classic

3. lock computer

4. unlock computer

5. you will notice the details tab is now an inverted grey, now you know the tweak has worked

6. change back to aero theme

also mess with you themes for more FPS, bob put all of this in his video, but unless you watch it really closely you cant see what he is doing that is important

Say Hi to everyone who worked hard in benching PCMark 2005 ^o^ ~

I would like to share the direction for 60K+ Windows and Text Edit there, please don't mind.

For 60K + Windows

1. Enable Full Grass Transparanecy is required <---- I think nobody will try before.

2. Small + Black = Faster <----- think again. (+25-30%)

3. DMW Tweak ,Force Windows style and sub-style setting in registry (+10-30%)

4. DMW Tweak ,Force Windows Z-order Setting in registry (+10-20%)

5. GDI and Direct 2D Tweak, Force Windows Fast update to Video Buffer in registry(Must have)

6. Force Windows Coordinate registry. (Must have)

7. 3D Monitor 120Hz Mode always Enable in registry. (Must have)

8. Add Direct2D Buffers Size in registry.

9. Faster CPU Clock and VGA GDDR Clock = more Windows.

Over 100+ Lines here , I spend a lot of time to study DWM.exe and registry, please don't ask me the .reg file , PCM05 is fun to discover tweak , Do you agree ? ^o^...."

For Text Edit :

1. Go bench in Turkmenistan.

2. Buy a coffee for Master Christian.

3. Then change Windows Administration username to "PRO"

4. reboot

You will get 10K+ Pages....................... (joke) T.T"ã„– !!

Edited by CherV

steve have you messed around with pcmark on win8 preview? I called paul tonight and we were talking about it.

I'm dling the win8 iso atm. also im looking forward to do some ivybridge pc mark with you.

hit me in the hwbot thread on xs or send me a pm.

TA

steve have you messed around with pcmark on win8 preview? I called paul tonight and we were talking about it.

I'm dling the win8 iso atm. also im looking forward to do some ivybridge pc mark with you.

hit me in the hwbot thread on xs or send me a pm.

TA

it works very well on PCMark 7 but not so much on 05, and I personally have never run Vantage so no idea there.

7. 3D Monitor 120Hz Mode always Enable in registry. (Must have)

Hey CherV... Thanks for the info. :D I am going to have me some fun digging into DWM and the registry this week for sure. :D

One question I have on this... The above item: Does that mean that one needs a 120Hz monitor in order to reach those levels?

Hey CherV... Thanks for the info. :D I am going to have me some fun digging into DWM and the registry this week for sure. :D

One question I have on this... The above item: Does that mean that one needs a 120Hz monitor in order to reach those levels?

I think just enabling that option in the registry is what is meant but I could be misunderstanding it as well.

• Crew

this game is certainly getting interesting!

im ridiculously busy so i wont get a chance to re-bench until this weekend, damnit Team HongKong, i keep getting all my pcmark gear out, then putting it away thinking im safe for a few weeks, then having to get it all out again when you smash it

i wouldn't have it any other way though ;)

• Crew

nice work CherV and thanks for sharing that to everyone

for everyone that may be unaware transparent windows leverages gdiplus, which relies on software rendering, aka not hardware accelerated, this is why it scales nicely with cpu frequency,

but as CherV and team HK have displayed, with the right combination of settings you can get it up into some crazy figures anyway,

speaking of which...

pcmtrans87k.jpg

pcmtrans87k2.jpg

WOW... This is getting crazy! I likes.

On that note; I'm lost... GDI+ is currently kicking my butt and I don't know which way to go with it. You guys using the API? or just some registry hacks to Win7 to force the windows to be drawn via it?