HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark05 Tweaking Thread

Christian Ney

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Did you set the HDD tests to the SSD Subaru ( in case you use two drives ) You should easily get around 160-200 XP startup with a new SSD. Write back enabled ? Areca is for pussies benchers, read as scores bought with cash :P

/me starts to run from the wrath of SteveRo, Pro aka Dino22,37, l33t and Marc Beier :eek:

Did you set the HDD tests to the SSD Subaru ( in case you use two drives ) You should easily get around 160-200 XP startup with a new SSD. Write back enabled ? Areca is for pussies benchers, read as scores bought with cash :P

/me starts to run from the wrath of SteveRo, Pro aka Dino22,37, l33t and Marc Beier :eek:

I didn't get closer to the problem mate. Im using this single ssd as the system disk and run the benchmark only on it. Changed to a sata 6gb/sec port but nothing changed. I cannot find this write back cache option.

Yeah areca, sure, worth more than the entire test system lol ..

I just add shortkey to hard quit application. Really easy! (ps: thanks for the transparent tweak explanation, works like a charm here)

Text edit is a little more complicated though.

Btw, anyone figured out what's up with the Memory Latency? I had a sudden boost from 42MAccess/sec to 80 MAccess/sec after fiddling about, but couldn't reproduce the behavior.

I just add shortkey to hard quit application. Really easy! (ps: thanks for the transparent tweak explanation, works like a charm here)

Text edit is a little more complicated though.

Btw, anyone figured out what's up with the Memory Latency? I had a sudden boost from 42MAccess/sec to 80 MAccess/sec after fiddling about, but couldn't reproduce the behavior.

complicated to figure out, or complicated to do? if its hard to do... then exect your pm's to explode.

Difficult to figure out. I'm pretty sure all the 50+ scores are sort of 'bugged', but like a reproduceable readout bug or so.

yeah, seems like a bit like the score jumping in maxmem because of bugged latency

I got the jump, when booting at so 1866 7-9-8 etc etc with 4200mhz cpu

run the latency test once, than raise the cpu freq to 4600mhz, then rerun, it gave me 26+ instead of 22.598 which was standard. but another run on 4.6gig gave only 22.598 again.

sorted out, this single sandforce ssd is slow for hdd tests alone, so trying to figure out web page and text edit, but only minor improvement, lets say so 41+ at 4.9gig and 390 text edit which is far off from hard tweaked results..

audio compression still off

The only publicly held super tweak is transparent windows. Maybe general usage/virus scan would count as publicly held, but then its not really a super tweak like the rest of the subtests - most people know RAID0 software caching with the right options is how to boost those to top-level scores, and it only requires 2 SSDs (how big the boost depends on your particular setup).

Other than that, if you are trying to figure out the other super tweaks for the team cup within 10 days or so you are probably up a creek - many people have been trying to figure those out for months. If you get lucky and find them that'd be awesome, or if someone shares them with you that would be good too. Most the people who have those tweaks, have either originally found the tweak themselves, or talked to people who figured them out and received direction privately.

Big Web page rendering, Big audio/video, big text edit, big MA... All of those are super tweaks that are still private. Very few know them, and those who do aren't talking publicly about them - some have shared/traded privately. Many others have tried to find the tweaks there also, but haven't gotten anywhere...

Top pcmark results are very far.

this is a little contribution for the guide. It works only if you disable unuseful things on "advanced " in IE9 options

+ 15-20 pages/s with IE9 x64 on Sandy bridge :D

---------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\ProtocolDefaults]

@=""

"http"=dword:00000000

"https"=dword:00000000

"ftp"=dword:00000000

"file"=dword:00000000

"@ivt"=dword:00000000

"shell"=dword:00000000

-----------------------

I hope you like this