HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA Americas 2012 thread.

CL3P20

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems pretty good on SS so far ;) hopefully my dewar will be ready tomorrow for fun this weekend.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2337554

looking extremely good for just a single stage, much better than all retail C1's, glad to see there are good SB-E chips floating around in retail now.

looking forward to your results under LN2 Splave.

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

I got a question:

On my best OS for SPi stage, the cpu-z doesn't show correctly the bus speed, so besides I got the correct multiplier, vcore, motherboard infos, RAM timmings, etc, the clock speed and RAM speeds are wrong. Can I use other software to show the correct speed with CPU-Z (requested by the rules) or even better can I simply use CPU-z even it shows the wrong clock?

The rules say that CPU-Z is mandatory, I'll use it, but I want to avoid issues since it cannot show all of the settings correctly.

Thanks

I'll post it anyway later and see what happens... =/

I got a question:

On my best OS for SPi stage, the cpu-z doesn't show correctly the bus speed, so besides I got the correct multiplier, vcore, motherboard infos, RAM timmings, etc, the clock speed and RAM speeds are wrong. Can I use other software to show the correct speed with CPU-Z (requested by the rules) or even better can I simply use CPU-z even it shows the wrong clock?

The rules say that CPU-Z is mandatory, I'll use it, but I want to avoid issues since it cannot show all of the settings correctly.

Thanks

You have to make sure CPU-Z is reading the frequencies correctly. Others can do it on a "super-tweaked" OS, so it's definitely possible.

You have to make sure CPU-Z is reading the frequencies correctly. Others can do it on a "super-tweaked" OS, so it's definitely possible.

Thanks for the answer. In fact it's not a super tweaked OS, but its a bug that I've been facing using 1155 cpus and the CPU-Z on windows 8.. but ok, I'll stick with the old xp. Thanks!

gnidaol domination MOA...lol

While the big guys arrives, including you...

why the "lol"? he's quite good and he's leading too.

Yeah, at least he is participating....

I'm wondering where all the interest is? Lol maybe just sand bagers. Or maybe because there are no lightnings? Well there is eBay for $800 from Germany rofl!

Maybe preparing all components and buying LN2 for the long competition.

I'm wondering where all the interest is? Lol maybe just sand bagers. Or maybe because there are no lightnings? Well there is eBay for $800 from Germany rofl!

Cheaper : http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/R7970-Lightning-1070-5600MHz-3072M-384bit-DDR5-PCI-/110865343049?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item19d016e249

Seems not to legit :rolleyes:

If you don't receive the item after 25 days, please contact us, we'll investigate and solve the delivery problem

:eek:

please, be clear to me.

From my understanding, system points is:

1 phase:

3DMark11: 60 - 43,2 - 38,4 - 36 - 33,6 - 31,2 - 28,8 - 26,4 - 24 - 21,6 - 19,2 - 16,8 -

14,4 - 12 - 9,6 - 7,2 - 4,8 - 2,4 - 0 - 0 - ... 3DMark03: 25 - 18 - 16 - 15 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 -

0 - 0 - ... SuperPI 32M: 15 - 10,8 - 9,6 - 9 - 8,4 - 7,8 - 7,2 - 6,6 - 6 - 5,4 - 4,8 - 4,2 - 3,6 - 3 -

2,4 - 1,8 - 1,2 - 0,6 - 0 - 0 - ...

after, the 15 winners go to second phase, and his points will be:

3dmark11

First place: 20

points Second place: 16

points Third place: 12

points Fourth place: 8

points Fifth place: 4 points

3dmark03

Spi 32

So, who amount more points in all stages will be the 1st...second more points is 2nd...and so one...

We discuss here about it...because we see non sense to simply cut 15 best guys (why cut)... please let me understand how will be the points to second phase.

Thanks

1. Sp32m is simply cpu. Hence the low percentage (15%).

2. 3DM11 is the bonus round. Do well here and you get the extra points. MSI decided this is the Benchmark To WIN :)

3. 3DM03 is the combination of CPU and GPU (25%) goes to this.

There is sense to cut top15. Hence this is a competition.

1. Sp32m is simply cpu. Hence the low percentage (15%).

2. 3DM11 is the bonus round. Do well here and you get the extra points. MSI decided this is the Benchmark To WIN :)

3. 3DM03 is the combination of CPU and GPU (25%) goes to this.

There is sense to cut top15. Hence this is a competition.

We had it discussed and we couldn't get to a point so we preferred to open the discussion to the community.

I thought that it's one competition from the begging to its ends, just with one special thing to avoid sandbaggers that everybody should post scores until May 4th, from there only the best 15 will continue to be able to post new scores but the old scores continue being valid and the ranking would be the same like it was before.

We had this point of disagreement due to the competition points shown on the right bar, where says that the first place will get 20points and so on. That ranking being shown there made some of us think that before the May 4th points would be (60/25/15) and after that, a new contest would start between the top 15 where the scores would be that one on the right bar (20 for first place).

I just want to have anyone from the hwbot stuff clarifying the rules.

I know that its written there, but it's an americas' competition so the majority of allowed people to take place don't have English as native language and our educational system doesn't care about that at all. I think that a little explanation could let us really glad.

Thanks!

Edited by gnidaol

We had it discussed and we couldn't get to a point so we preferred to open the discussion to the community.

I thought that it's one competition from the begging to its ends, just with one special thing to avoid sandbaggers that everybody should post scores until May 4th, from there only the best 15 will continue to be able to post new scores but the old scores continue being valid and the ranking would be the same like it was before.

We had this point of disagreement due to the competition points shown on the right bar, where says that the first place will get 20points and so on. That ranking being shown there made some of us think that before the May 4th points would be (60/25/15) and after that, a new contest would start between the top 15 where the scores would be that one on the right bar (20 for first place).

I just want to have anyone from the hwbot stuff clarifying the rules.

I know that its written there, but it's an americas' competition so the majority of allowed people to take place don't have English as native language and our educational system doesn't care about that at all. I think that a little explanation could let us really glad.

Thanks!

The point scheme remains the same throughout the competition; it doesn't matter when the best 3dmark11 score was posted, it will always get the full 60p.

After the elimination, only the best 15 overal ranked will be allowed to continue submitting results to the competition. This is to avoid sand-bagging until the very last minute.

The points on the right are indeed confusing and should be ignored/pulled.

Disable cores for the SP stage is allowed?

Yes.